Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[IG] Mainz

Favouritising/Staffpicked

OK so i've come across this many times in the server if a new role is put out their you'll be asked to tryout/apply for it if you do so and you're not a staff member you're a most likely to be not picked. This is a common issue i've experienced within the server and wish for this to be stopped and let other members of the community have a chance along with a lot of the time the players who cannot or just simply like to type other than speak out loud using a mic also have a low chance of being picked for the role. I believe and i'm sure a lot of others would as well, needs to stop from this point onwards. Personally myself think this is quite unfair on the long term non staff members who are willing to give up there time for this role to simply a staff member dominating you, simply because they're staff. This is not the correct way in any case.

Thanks

Mainz ♥

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rooster said:

This is clearly directed towards Chef and his decision for MHC secretary.

I am privately messaging Mainz at this very moment because of this. I am incredibly disappointed. I had a public comment to post but unfortunately due to public opinion I would be shut down for voicing mine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

I had a public comment to post but unfortunately due to public opinion I would be shut down for voicing mine.

Personally that annoys the crap out of me. I can't speak for others but i personally respect everything you have to say regardless of others personal opinions. This shouldn't even have been posted in the first place.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

There is no favoritism when deciding who gets new rules, we always follow a basic procedure:

1. See if they have all the required fields.

2. See if they are qualified enough.

3. See how long they have been in their previous role for.

There have been very few cases of such favoritism being in play but straight away the senior staff stepped in and reversed the process. Quite simply, you mention that if you do not have a mic that you should have an equal chance of someone that does have a mic, but the player that does have one has one step up on you without even showing your skills. If you have a mic it is so much easier to communicate and talk to in battle and out of it, so if a commander accepts someone else who has a mic over you, it is not bullying, it is fair and strategic picking.

You may see staff in high ranking positions it is not just because they are staff. In no way does it benefit any Senior Staff putting an un-experienced staff member in a high position, we strategically choose people who are qualified for the role. In no way am I saying that just because you aren't staff does not mean you are qualified but being a staff member shows your dedication towards improving the server. Also to become a staff member you must have been on the server for a long time and are a trusted community member, so by the time people get accepted as a staff member it normally means that they are a higher rank.

I am also quite disappointed in you for making this post which I assume is out of anger for not getting the secretary position. You unlike many people Mainz have PAC3. PAC3 is a widely requested tool that everyone must apply for (excluding management team). So that means every staff rank up to admin requires you to make an application. If we really were favouritising staff then this would not be the case and all staff members would get PAC, but we don't.

Ridge.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 8

Let me share a story about when I first joined:

When I was a Storm Trooper, and had less than 10 hours on the server, I went for my first tryouts, the Royal Storm Troopers. After going through all the tests ahead with seven other participants, I was put through to the Final Three, beating other players who had five times more hours  than me. In the end though, the solo position got given to another player, who at the time was a Staff member, because he got a higher score than me at the Final Test.

They got the role NOT because of their status, but because they were a better than I was at the time.

Did I feel bummed out because I didn't get chosen? Yes I did.
Did I feel cheated because the person was a staff member? Absolutely not. 

But in the end, i turned it into a positive. After all that, and getting more experience on the server, I ended up joining the Magma Troopers, and after a few months, and the regiment disbanding, I was welcomed into Rancor Battalion. Now I'm a Captain in one of the most trusted regiments on the server.

Don't start lashing out at the people doing the Tryout because you didn't get the job. They clearly have a valid reason to choose someone else. That is how Tryouts are handled at times. Learn from the experience; What went right? What went wrong? What areas need improving over others? What can I do to make it easier and better for me next time?

It was no personnel reason, it was what was  to be a good move for the server and community at the time.

And also, just remember this: When one door shuts, another one will open. There will always be something else on the server that you can contribute to in some way, shape or form.

Long rant over.

Captain ARC-24-B "Colt"
Rancor Battalion
Empire's Fury Made Flesh

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Chef said:

I am privately messaging Mainz at this very moment because of this. I am incredibly disappointed. I had a public comment to post but unfortunately due to public opinion I would be shut down for voicing mine.

Well, I don't fully agree with Mainz, I think everyone should be allowed to voice their opinion, and in many ways Chef you have completely shut down Mainz's option while also claiming he shut down yours. Also, I don't think you should call it "Disappointing" if someone voices their opinion.

If you don't agree with me feel free to talk to me about the situation when you get the chance.

• Upvote 2

Some points in this post are semi-true but that's how it's been and always going to be. They have their reasons.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rooster said:

This is clearly directed towards Chef and his decision for MHC secretary.

This in any shape or form is NOT directly towards Chef and his Secretary position.Earlier the Grand Inquisitor position was out on as a tryout literally half the server tried out. In the second round all the staff members were picked out. Please don't just assume me trying to get this message out means I'm directly hitting Chef. 

Thanks

Mainz

• Upvote 1

Opinions, opinions. I'll quickly throw my 2 cents or as theyd say in Starwars 2 credits. Favouritism is a shit thing and pisses me off seeing someone get roasted or just shut off because he had the guts to say what he thought. Please in saying this consider what happened, details in tryouts matter, mics, skills, how you answer questions in an interview. Don't assume that it is favouritism when it could just be "Bad luck kid, you'll get em next time!". 

While reading this I don't think it really means much but I'll throw it in.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, [IG] Mainz said:

This in any shape or form is NOT directly towards Chef and his Secretary position.Earlier the Grand Inquisitor position was out on as a tryout literally half the server tried out. In the second round all the staff members were picked out. Please don't just assume me trying to get this message out means I'm directly hitting Chef. 

Thanks

Mainz

Oh yeah, I remember that. Me and someone else were the only non staff members who got picked for that out of the 6 or so.

• Haha 1

Anyways, heres my two cents.

I have seen this happen multiple times and I personally don't agree with it as many people do, however if the Staff Member shows better traits in a tryouts they're bound to get it. It's simple. For example, if someone like Wolf went for Navy, and so did Frenchy, and Frenchy showed better traits, he would get in. Not Wolf. 

(Sorry for using you guys @Wolf @FrenchyFries

It may seem as if only staff members are selected for new roles such as the new Grand Inquisitor or an MHC Secretary, but this is mainly because the higherups on the server and those who are running the tryouts/selection process know what they are like and how they act as both a player and as a staff member. Due to them being staff, they would be seen as more responsible, mature and respectful than some of the other players on the server, as if they were not, they would not be staff on the server. Because of these traits that they are known to have both in-game and off, they are more likely to get selected for the role as it has been seen that they can handle it and won't abuse it. In saying that, that doesn't mean that a non-staff member can't get into these roles, they just have to show that they are more qualified for the position than every other candidate.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, [IG] Mainz said:

Thanks

Mainz

The reason staff get picked over many is beacuse
1. Staff don't minge
2. Staff understand what power they have on the server as this role
3. Staff are trust more then others (Not saying you trusted)

Its also disappointing to see you have something that still some staff don't have (PAC3)

10 hours ago, [IG] Mainz said:

type other than speak out loud using a mic also have a low chance of being picked for the role. I believe and i'm sure a lot of others would as well, needs to stop from this point onwards

The reason people with Mics get accepted is because they can speak in battle and communicate better, people who have to type die over and over becasue there typing long paragraphs to just explain a small issue and so that you can understand. Most Commanders would rather have people with mics so they can communicate and under stand the situation instead of typing. 

10 hours ago, [IG] Mainz said:

Personally myself think this is quite unfair on the long term non staff members who are willing to give up there time for this role to simply a staff member dominating you, simply because they're staff. This is not the correct way in any case.

I would like to mention something.... If staff were "Dominating Roles/People" then please explain why more then half our commanders are not staff and that most regiments don't even have staff in them......

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Little5avage said:

The reason staff get picked over many is beacuse
1. Staff don't minge
2. Staff understand what power they have on the server as this role
3. Staff are trust more then others (Not saying you trusted)

Its also disappointing to see you have something that still some staff don't have (PAC3)

The reason people with Mics get accepted is because they can speak in battle and communicate better, people who have to type die over and over becasue there typing long paragraphs to just explain a small issue and so that you can understand. Most Commanders would rather have people with mics so they can communicate and under stand the situation instead of typing. 

I would like to mention something.... If staff were "Dominating Roles/People" then please explain why more then half our commanders are not staff and that most regiments don't even have staff in them......

Ok. If you didn't understand I'm pointing out any high up jobs which you then tryout/apply for are most likely going to be staff. Secondly you say explain how most of our commander's are not staff. Hmm good question maybe perhaps the server would rather have money than a long trusted member take the important role.

Thanks

Mainz

Just now, [IG] Mainz said:

Ok. If you didn't understand I'm pointing out any high up jobs which you then tryout/apply for are most likely going to be staff. Secondly you say explain how most of our commander's are not staff. Hmm good question maybe perhaps the server would rather have money than a long trusted member take the important role.

Thanks

Mainz

I will have you know that our Donator commanders are doing an amazing job. Any commanders that have donate that are not doing a good job or anything will get removed or demoted.

2 minutes ago, Little5avage said:

I will have you know that our Donator commanders are doing an amazing job. Any commanders that have donate that are not doing a good job or anything will get removed or demoted.

Yes fair statement. 

But this issue is not regarding commanders. This issue is simply for e.x Grand inquisitor, Generals, Secretarys etc.

Yes this problem doesn't happen all the time I agree, but it definitely has a big percentage overthe roles

I know I've been given PAC3 and I understand some staff members don't have it. But keep in mind those staff members either haven't applied OR have recently received there staff position.

Thanks

Mainz

18 minutes ago, [IG] Mainz said:

Grand inquisitor, Generals, Secretarys etc.

All these roles you have just stated are high rank roles. If I was to give it to someone who types thing would not go well at all. If I gave it to someone who minges or I don't trust it would not end well. I would rather give it to someone who has proven them self staff tend to do that a lot and they are more trusted the others because they know/understand the outcome of getting a high rank and we can trust them with the power.

26 minutes ago, Little5avage said:

All these roles you have just stated are high rank roles. If I was to give it to someone who types thing would not go well at all. If I gave it to someone who minges or I don't trust it would not end well. I would rather give it to someone who has proven them self staff tend to do that a lot and they are more trusted the others because they know/understand the outcome of getting a high rank and we can trust them with the power.

So you are saying even if a non staff player has 4week+ on the server and a player who has only about 1.5 week of playtime and gets staff they are trusted and won't abuse there powers.

Just now, [IG] Mainz said:

So you are saying even if a non staff player has 4week+ on the server and a player who has only about 1.5 week of playtime and gets staff they are trusted and won't abuse there powers.

Sure we can go with that I guess but heres why.
Just because you have 4 weeks does not mean I trust you. You could be a minge or fail RP all the time or do stupid crap over throughout the 4 weeks and there is the my reason to go staff over a minge and someone who has no clew what there doing. I don't care how much play time they have TBH I don't look at play time all I look at is who I can trust the most with this amount of power (Staff Or No Staff)

2 minutes ago, Little5avage said:

Sure we can go with that I guess but heres why.
Just because you have 4 weeks does not mean I trust you. You could be a minge or fail RP all the time or do stupid crap over throughout the 4 weeks and there is the my reason to go staff over a minge and someone who has no clew what there doing. I don't care how much play time they have TBH I don't look at play time all I look at is who I can trust the most with this amount of power (Staff Or No Staff)

Ok

I see how the process goes 

Thanks

Mainz

Alright, It does not matter if you're a staff rank or not at the end of the day high roles are based off skill and experience I know myself and the other generals are pretty much all staff except for Stevo and if youre not sure why? I'll tell you Going through the ranks you eventually feel like you want to apply for staff I know I applied while i was a shock Officer Cadet Hell I never thought i would get this far Ridge he applied when he was a DT brigadier Blitz Applied when he was a Commander... Caboose demoted himself from palpatine to Major General and Wolf Well he is incharge of us all.. Your argument is completely wrong.. We Spent out time as troopers and eventually we got promoted up the ranks our staff ranks meant nothing. As for our secretarys Our Secretaries havent been just staff We have had people who we think will do well and who meets the requirements Regardless if theyre staff or not.. Grand Inquisitor Tryouts Happen When a spot comes open It is based off your skill whether that would be with a saber or with leading a regiment amongust many other things.. The amount of time you play the server is a good thing for sure. time playing on a server vs Skill and Experience are two different things For Example there is many people in our community who have many weeks logged on the server But i wouldnt even trust them as a sgt.. There is people who have 3 or 4 weeks but have 20 logged warns and possibly serveral bans Time is just a number afterall it comes too Experience and Skill. This post makes me extrememly pissed off You're basically calling us out because you didnt get chosen for a role. And in saying that You were using your pac to dressup like a MHC Secretary even though you were not chosen aswell as told 3 more times after the initial time.. You need to get it through your head.. you just were not right for the role..

• Upvote 2

I have sent a private reply to Mainz on the forums. With this, some of the points I have against this have not been shown and/or clarified. Here are some as follows:

• During no point during any interview, discussion and decision-making I had with either myself or with Maxine, did I ever consider the fact you were not staff.
  • During no point during any interview, discussion and decision-making I had with either myself or with Maxine, did I let the fact that you did not want to use a microphone often dilute my opinion. I even stated to you during the final interview before decision that Secretary is mainly a comms/chat-based job and that having a microphone is not required to be considered.
  • The other candidates simply had, in my eyes, more ability to take on the Secretary role than you. Out of the three finalists I chose, you were my third choice for Secretary. Side note: The fact that you completely brush aside that you were made a finalist dumbfounds me. You make it seem as if I never considered you.

All of the applications were chosen based of ability and what they could bring to the Secretary role. The fact of the matter was that Rooster's application and interview far surpassed the others. The fact that Rooster was staff was second to the matter. I was even surprised that Rooster was T-EM during the interview because I did not know nor consider that in the first place.

I also have evidence that MHC specifically have had personnel which have not been staff members:

• Stevo has never donated a cent towards the server nor put up an application to become staff yet became a MHC Major General.
  • When Hermes was hired to become Secretary, he had not had a staff role at that time. Throughout the course of being a Secretary, he gained T-EM.
  • When Maxine was hired to become Secretary, he never developed a staff role. The most he did in that time was place a T-Mod application.

These are just some examples.

TL;DR Your points and accusations of favoritism/staffpicking are wrong as I never considered them at any point during the decision-making, Rooster just turned out to be better than all other candidates based on ability and MHC specifically has had non-staff personnel before.