Jedi vs. Sith Dueling in events + Why I had a meltdown about it

Okay so a lot of you might have been there for the absolute meltdown I had at the end of Cronos' debrief concerning the common occurrence of Sith dueling Jedi event characters. I want to go over it again here and at the same time apologise for getting perhaps too worked up about it (but truth be told some of you really forced my hand on this one)

So we've had a rule on the server I want to say thats as old as the community itself that is basically this;

When the sith go to battle Jedi or any force user with a lightsaber, it is their duty to suppress the threat. No troopers or any other personnel are to get involved as it will endanger themselves and potentially the sith who engage the Jedi. This can lead to potential friendly fire as well as discrediting the sith for trying to do exactly what they trained for.

I'd like to go so far as to say that this rule has been broken more times than the rule about rdm and it's finally driven me mad. There are so many people on the server that don't even slightly fathom the rule whatsoever and just care more about their bragging rights. "I just want the kill bro" "boy the sith suck at their job"

That's the part I cannot wrap my head around. We're not playing cs:go, we're roleplaying as star wars characters living in the creativity that we build for ourselves! 
The people that become sith have built their characters livelihood on being able to duel and it's not even a secret to anyone, but when it finally comes time for the real battle, some asshole with an e-11 comes and shoots the Jedi anyway and makes that sith look like an absolute joke.

Now because I was mad that this happened to me in that event, I gave no mercy to the one who did it to me who had some nerve to tell me I need to grow up, pointed him out in the debrief and let me tell you. I'd sooner do the same to any one of you that does it.

Honestly above all it should be so simple - USE YOUR BRAIN NOT YOUR HORMONES = DON'T THINK WITH YOUR DICK

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 12

Well said pureus, it's really upsetting when this happens and it doesn't help people saying "sith have no jobs on events, they minge", hunting the Jedi is THEIR job so don't interfere.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I agree with you Pureus, This shouldn't be happening

I have seen alot of Troopers just shooting at Sith whilst they are dueling and I have actually been getting quite annoyed.

For those who constantly keep firing their Weapons at the Sith, DONT DO IT.

1 minute ago, iGoosei said:

Okay so a lot of you might have been there for the absolute meltdown I had at the end of Cronos' debrief concerning the common occurrence of Sith dueling Jedi event characters. I want to go over it again here and at the same time apologise for getting perhaps too worked up about it (but truth be told some of you really forced my hand on this one)

So we've had a rule on the server I want to say thats as old as the community itself that is basically this;

When the sith go to battle Jedi or any force user with a lightsaber, it is their duty to suppress the threat. No troopers or any other personnel are to get involved as it will endanger themselves and potentially the sith who engage the Jedi. This can lead to potential friendly fire as well as discrediting the sith for trying to do exactly what they trained for.

I'd like to go so far as to say that this rule has been broken more times than the rule about rdm and it's finally driven me mad. There are so many people on the server that don't even slightly fathom the rule whatsoever and just care more about their bragging rights. "I just want the kill bro" "boy the sith suck at their job"

That's the part I cannot wrap my head around. We're not playing cs:go, we're roleplaying as star wars characters living in the creativity that we build for ourselves! 
The people that become sith have built their characters livelihood on being able to duel and it's not even a secret to anyone, but when it finally comes time for the real battle, some asshole with an e-11 comes and shoots the Jedi anyway and makes that sith look like an absolute joke.

Now because I was mad that this happened to me in that event, I gave no mercy to the one who did it to me who had some nerve to tell me I need to grow up, pointed him out in the debrief and let me tell you. I'd sooner do the same to any one of you that does it.

Honestly above all it should be so simple - USE YOUR BRAIN NOT YOUR HORMONES = DON'T THINK WITH YOUR DICK

• Upvote 2

Thank you for bringing this up @Pureus. When sith are fighting jedi it’s very annoying when troopers start firing at the jedi. Most of the time they end up htting sith not jedi in the back and sometimes killing them. If you see a duel between a sith and a jedi don’t get involved.

• Upvote 3

This has never been a major rule dating back to the start of the community dude, it's just something people say at the end of events like "Hey by the way guys watch your fire" xD it's not even closely related with rdm so don't compare.

agreed troopers shouldn't fire at jedi's whilst sith are fighting them though these aren't troopers, these are players who run around with a group of their friends killing npc's whilst using code words and planned movements (no matter what you do, it will always occur and always has)

Love, Brownie

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 6
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Pureus said:

well said, every time I tell a trooper to stop firing when i'm engaged with a jedi, I get completely ignored and they keep firing, majority of them hitting me.

Just now, Little5avage said:

Server Rules

In General Rules
Rule number 13
Troopers are NOT allowed to shoot Jedi in events (now has been added to server rules)

I stand corrected: wasn't official until now - Thank you Little :)

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 1

Attention troopers, if you are being attacked by a Jedi, instead of retaliating, you must let it slaughter you. This is unfortunately something you can't prevent as the worst offenders are proabably STs don't that don't even read the forums. Anyway, yes this has to stop but not sure if adding a rule is gonna change much imo.

4 minutes ago, Pluto said:

Attention troopers, if you are being attacked by a Jedi, instead of retaliating, you must let it slaughter you. This is unfortunately something you can't prevent as the worst offenders are proabably STs don't that don't even read the forums. Anyway, yes this has to stop but not sure if adding a rule is gonna change much imo.

hmmmmmmmmm..... There is a rule that EM's must follow and inform event characters.. Jedi are not to attack troops at all. They are thee for this sith and thats it

Ok so @Little5avage that rule is kinda stupid in the way of if that Jedi was watching his men being shot at he'd help either deflecting or putting the troopers down the moment the rule should start is when the sith and Jedi engage as to make sure the troopers don't hit the sith by accident. Now there is a regiment who are trained to take down Jedi just like sith which is IC and tbh they get it done more efficiently

Yes saber users that are event characters should be allowed to kill troopers however once the duel engages they fight until they die to the sith or win 

In conclusion some things need to be said to the event characters and the server as a whole explaining this rule in a better way

• Upvote 2

I play very defensive as a sith while dueling so I end up taking a lot more friendly damage than I do from the jedi and it can be really annoying when you jump over to the troop and tell them to stop and go fight the rebel troops instead and get a snarky comment in return 

27 minutes ago, Sal said:

Ok so @Little5avage that rule is kinda stupid in the way of if that Jedi was watching his men being shot at he'd help either deflecting or putting the troopers down the moment the rule should start is when the sith and Jedi engage as to make sure the troopers don't hit the sith by accident. Now there is a regiment who are trained to take down Jedi just like sith which is IC and tbh they get it done more efficiently

Yes saber users that are event characters should be allowed to kill troopers however once the duel engages they fight until they die to the sith or win 

In conclusion some things need to be said to the event characters and the server as a whole explaining this rule in a better way

Then come up with a solution that will make everyone happy because right now its bit hard and difficulty. Stupid rule or no stupid rule its kinda dumb how a small thing causes lots of drama and yet can't be delt with in game and has to be brought on the website for everyone to see.
The amount of times this gets brought up sometimes (Not every time) its bit stupid..

Please note not having go at you sorry if it makes it look like I am im not hahha sorry <3

1 minute ago, Little5avage said:

Then come up with a solution that will make everyone happy because right now its bit hard and difficulty. Stupid rule or no stupid rule its kinda dumb how a small thing causes lots of drama and yet can't be delt with in game and has to be brought on the website for everyone to see.
The amount of times this gets brought up sometimes (Not every time) its bit stupid..

Please note not having go at you sorry if it makes it look like I am im not hahha sorry <3

To add on to this as well is this was the only solution I saw to this and so at least it would make 50/50 people reasonably happy (I tried haha)

17 minutes ago, Brownie said:

xD I love how I get downvoted for replying and being honest just because I was slightly against the post smh

Oh. So stopping troopers from interfering with the sith's main job is like a stupid thing to do?because troopers will always do what they want because they're players? Wtf?

This isn't something that should get a little warning. Sith have a main job in the empire and that's killing jedi and when troopers come shooting not only the Jedi but the sith too, it's Bs. It's better to have duels on a battle field, it's cooler for those participating. I can understand how it gets annoying.

The thing that's worse is the fact you think this is a small insignificant rule that doesn't/ won't be followed by troopers. If that were that case. EVERY SINGLE RULE ON THE SERVER would be tossed out the window, why? Because players would do it anyway <Reason we have people called Moderators. 

No point in saying the same thing over and over so I'll leave this. 

This is indeed an annoying occurrence that happens much too often, wish it would stop, become a lot more enjoyable for saber-wielders all around.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Jester said:

I say just go full warhammer 40k comissar and execute troops who shoot the jedi while they're dueling. 

Agreed with @Jester. If we were to make a rule that says something like:

- If a trooper(s) are seen firing at a Jedi/Force-User whilst they are dealing with a Sith, that trooper(s) will be branded by the Empire as Traitor(s), and all other troopers may be free to Shoot said Traitor(s) on sight.

- After the offending Trooper respawns or is revived, they will no longer be deemed Traitor(s) and can continue on with the event, after being given a warning.

- If offending trooper(s) return to attacking a Jedi/Force-User in a duel with the Sith, they with be considered Traitor(s) for the rest of the event, the Commanding Officer online for the Event will be notified and they can decide on the fitting punishment for said Traitor(s) after Event is over (e.g. Demotion, Kicked, Firing Squad)

Something along those lines.

11 hours ago, Little5avage said:

Server Rules

In General Rules
Rule number 13
Troopers are NOT allowed to shoot Jedi in events (now has been added to server rules)

Uuuuuhhhh.....

How about troopers are not allowed to shot Jedi that are dualing sith? Thats probably better. What if a jedi attacked a trooper and he cant defend himself and dies? What if the jedi attacked and the trooper defended himself and got warned? Sounds kinda stupid to be. Plus, sometimes the Sith and troopers make packs and work together to get the siths hp down, like IC and sith. Making the Troopers completely defenceless to the power of a jedi is a stupid rule. Please for the love of god, change it to "Troopers are not allowed to shoot Jedi while dualing the Sith unless the Sith say it is okay for troopers to do so. Troopers can shoot Jedi when not engaged in a dual."