Jump to content

Alpha's Event Master Application


Recommended Posts

Steam Name:ALPHADERPZ

Age:16

Do you have a microphone that you can use regularly?
Yes
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:114042335

In-game name and rank:
Alpha, Commander
Time Played:
Close to 6 days
Why are you applying for this position?:
I love this server, I would like to help it thrive and grow in order to(if possible) better this fantastic community and ensure it's longevity.
How will allowing you to be apart of our staff team help us?:
An extra man to help out always benefits a team, spreading the workload and making it more manageable. I am willing to help, listen to what other people say, and I am very active. I will be an asset to the Imperial Gaming Staff Team.
Have you been an Event Master on previous servers? If so please list them:

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them:
(4-will update reasons when I get home)
What can you do to make events more enjoyable and attract more people?:
I can ensure things run smoothly. I am able to monitor the troopers, ensuring the event continues at a pace the event master running it would like. I am able to set up interesting plot twists that incite Excitement and Shock.
Anything else you would like to add: I am always learning, and I am always willing to learn. I act off of what I know.
Two different example events that you will do if you get accepted for the position of Event Master:

High population: The lights are out, everyone is in a tightly knit groups trying to figure out what happened when you hear see a report in comms cut off!suddenly, a Squad is gone(this squad would have to be in on the event) A few minutes pass and then Bam! Another Squad is gone!( this could be done by masstping the squads(get each squad to add a prefix to their name) Eventually the troopers track the missing Squads down to the tie bays( a mysterious wall is blocking the tie bays and a random(corrupt) navy officer with clearance lvl 6 orders everyone to steer clear of it except security which unknowingly guard the area of operations of a cult) we then find out that they are using humanoid creatures to kidnap troopers and harness their life essence to make holocrons, troopers then have a giant battle, one of the cult members has a dark saber and is impossible to kill for about 5 minutes, then we let the troops overwhelm him and the kidnaped troops are nursed back to health

Some info: there will be no briefing, the lighting suddenly dissapears and the ship is plunged into confusion
The area where they are harnessing the troopers lives will be in a sub hangar which will be put in place 30 minutes before the event begins( area is changeable) This event is not intended to be combat focused until the end.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------

2nd event: a bounty has been placed upon the highest rank on the ship by the Emperor. We are told it is highly vital that he is brought to justice for mass treason against the republic( Selling information about fleet locations and how to bypass our blockades to the separatists) we are to capture him dead or alive.
This will not be an event where he kills everyone with an op gun, he will have no weapon except traps and the ability to run, he must slow us down so that we don’t capture him using bombs, reprogramming security droids etc. if after 30 mins of the event we haven’t captured him, a separatist ship blasts through hb1 doors and he escapes, they go into hyperspace and we do not pursue. This event aims to be different to most, which all follow a similar arc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Alpha, 

The Application is poorly formatted, it actually took me a while to understand it. The information is good, but I think 4 warns are a too much (In my opinion). Otherwise, the information is good. 

The first event is really good. Although, the second sounds Really boring. What your saying is, is that it will take 30+ minutes to capture someone, and if they leave, the Imperials will just leave them? I don't think so Mr. 

With all that said, you are a good bloke in game. Your regiment has really shown that, and brought out the best in you, bringing back a dead regiment. You have proven that you are mature, and good. 

 

All in all, +1 good things, good luck 

Thanks,

Maxine 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK so I read through your events and a few things were out of place the biggest was the fact that  the Emperor is placing a bounty on someone for treason against the republic you also mention that he sells details to the separatist which is not the major enemy of the empire nor a faction still.

I was then informed that this looked very familiar to another app from another server known as fadegaming. This link here will show the app on there https://fadegaming.net/forums/topic/2213-declined-wolfs-em-application/ now plagiarism of other peoples work or your own is frowned upon and the fact that you decided to reuse either someone else ideas or your own is not up to standard. If this is your own work it is not as bad but you still should of made your own ideas for this server as we are not the Republlic and changing a few things and leaving others parts the same made it alot easier for people to find the similarites

Therefor it will be a -1 from me

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sal said:

OK so I read through your events and a few things were out of place the biggest was the fact that  the Emperor is placing a bounty on someone for treason against the republic you also mention that he sells details to the separatist which is not the major enemy of the empire nor a faction still.

I was then informed that this looked very familiar to another app from another server known as fadegaming. This link here will show the app on there https://fadegaming.net/forums/topic/2213-declined-wolfs-em-application/ now plagiarism of other peoples work or your own is frowned upon and the fact that you decided to reuse either someone else ideas or your own is not up to standard. If this is your own work it is not as bad but you still should of made your own ideas for this server as we are not the Republlic and changing a few things and leaving others parts the same made it alot easier for people to find the similarites

Therefor it will be a -1 from me

Yes this is similar to another form, because that is my form. Please check the steam id

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Maffa146 said:

Hey Alpha, 

The Application is poorly formatted, it actually took me a while to understand it. The information is good, but I think 4 warns are a too much (In my opinion). Otherwise, the information is good. 

The first event is really good. Although, the second sounds Really boring. What your saying is, is that it will take 30+ minutes to capture someone, and if they leave, the Imperials will just leave them? I don't think so Mr. 

With all that said, you are a good bloke in game. Your regiment has really shown that, and brought out the best in you, bringing back a dead regiment. You have proven that you are mature, and good. 

 

All in all, +1 good things, good luck 

Thanks,

Maxine 

Formatting will be fixed once I am at my desk, this was done on my phone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

-1

 

Sorry man, but from the other Day, you showed you lack the Knowledge of the Rules. You AOSed a Sith for entering the Engine Room. And then turned the entire server against you, just so you could validate yourself in defiance of Server Rules.

Spend more time on the server, make yourself known. Maybe I'll change my vote down the line.

 

__

Demonic

Link to post
Share on other sites

-1

Sorry Alpha, I hope there are no hard feelings for this...But anyway.

Reasons:

 - As stated previously the formatting was pretty bad (I am aware that you will fix this)

 - Your app wasn't detailed enough for my liking

 - Events are fairly generic/not unique

You have plenty of potentials to be a staff member but I think you need to just spend way more time on your app and events. Think of it this way, this server has an odd 80 - 110 people every night so the owners/admin aren't going to willy-nilly go and pick staff, they will pick the people who put everything into their application and justify that application through their events. 

Anyway, just a few things to think about. 

~~GOOD LUCK~~

In the near future

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tatsumaki said:

-1

Sorry Alpha, I hope there are no hard feelings for this...But anyway.

Reasons:

 - As stated previously the formatting was pretty bad (I am aware that you will fix this)

 - Your app wasn't detailed enough for my liking

 - Events are fairly generic/not unique

You have plenty of potentials to be a staff member but I think you need to just spend way more time on your app and events. Think of it this way, this server has an odd 80 - 110 people every night so the owners/admin aren't going to willy-nilly go and pick staff, they will pick the people who put everything into their application and justify that application through their events. 

Anyway, just a few things to think about. 

~~GOOD LUCK~~

In the near future

 

Have to agree, was a good troop, goodluck!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Be sure Alpha that this isn't then end. Don't take the criticism here too personally, because everything here is constructive. Basically from here on out you could look how you can better structure your app. Now this could be down the lines of checking what the Server Content has, and choosing models that you would specifically use in an 'Out of ship Event'. I think that once chosen you might want to talk or message Sal or other EM's that might know if Models work well or not as well, based on certain situations. (What I wouldn't ask is; My event idea is .... What model should I choose?) The choices you make by yourself can show good keen thinking patterns. Id say up the play time by 3-4 days, and maybe go to playing the background a bit more. Get to know the new players as you develop a friends base that turns into a network. Any time major shit goes down, like a PK, don't ask too many questions, but do try and find the causation, whether it was RP or a Punishment, and then take note. Analyse the types of events, that benefit both the front-line troopers and the new spawning, running to the scene, Troopers. Never talk shit, not saying you do now, but yea, as a thing, Karma is a good deterrent. Id say last of all, to not agree with someone for the only reason of earning reputation or something else along those lines, with them or others. People seem to like, down to earth people, who are pretty well spoken as are EM's, honest enough & calm enough to just agree to disagree with Some, Most, or Very Few people. A lot of people want to see the genuine person, so they can categorize you in their head. Happens all the time, that's partly the reason I think, people who solely play Characters can sometimes find people get lippy when they ask questions, but don't get to see the genuine person, and not the character. Good first impressions with the new people, helping them rise on the server will do you well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Hisoka said:

Negative Support

  • Average Playtime
  • Hypocritical
  • 4 Warns
  • Not Friendly
  • Poor Formatting
  • Generic Events
  • Untrustworthy

Hey hisoka, thanks for the feedback. I have realized I am not ready to be part of the staff team, and I am actively working on improving myself. I will put extra focus into fixing what you have mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...