Jet Pack Improvments

As a jump trooper it is our job to be extremely mobile scouts/snipers but to be honest our current jet pack is good but it does have room for improvement. First of all when there a bunch of us on during an event i can imagine the particle effects would attribute to some of the lagg so removing the smoke trail and fire would be a good idea. Second when we do have the jet packs but don't need to fly, making a small jump makes the jet pack go so i was thinking of having a toggle? so you can turn it on and off at will. Lastly i can understand they are very loud and annoying so if possible we could make it more silent?

EDIT: Suggested by pinejack https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=918344876

The current jetpack has some issues with it. Like pinejack said, you can hit insane speeds using it. There are no limitations to the fuel which means infinite flying. There is no hover which means fall damage, which is only an issue whilst trying to sustain yourself in the air when the server starts lagging hard during events. I do agree that the particles themself may contribute to the issues with server lag, so that's something to look into. The other problem with particles is first person perspective (FPP). The thrusters show Infront of your face in FPP which makes aiming in the air impossible. Also in third person they block the sight of enemies below, yet again causing combat issues. Usually I just guess where I shoot whilst in the air. The current rocketboots need value changes done to them to make them more viable than other jetpacks available on the community workshop. +1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Whitey locked this topic