Denzham

BBY 1R15 Trial Moderator Application

Steam Name:  Denzham

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:44313674

In game name and rank: BBY 1R15, Mouse Droid

Time Played: 2w 5d 7h as of writing this application

Why are you applying for this position?: I am applying for this position as I have been on the server for quite a long time now and through my time playing I have been helped on many different occasions by admins and moderators whether it be me needing to be set back to my skin and regiment after an event or something more serious such as when I need help with someone repeatedly breaking rules and I would like to be able to help others and offer the same support to the rest of the people that join the server so that they are able to have the best experience possible. I love playing on this server as shown by the amount of time I spend on it daily and being able to help those around me would make it a better playing experience for both me and those around me.

How will allowing you to be a part of our staff team help us: Allowing me to become a part of the staff would help you as I am back to being quite an active player as I have been away from the server for 3 weeks on holiday so I am back and ready to help. I am a friendly person and easy to talk to which can be very helpful in the role of a moderator as people will feel comfortable talking to me about any issues or concerns that they may have regarding the server. I already have people walking up to me asking for help with situations such as them being RDM'ed or were being treated wrongly but right now all I can do is offer advice and tell them how to contact the admins, I would love to be able to help them there and then with their issue and get it sorted in a civilised way to make sure that both participants can walk away feeling like the problem was fixed and that they are pleased with the outcome.

Have you been a Staff on previous servers if so please list them: I have not been an admin on any other servers. Therefore I do not have the experience that some may have but I am definitely eager to learn, to become a good role model for those who play on the server.

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them: I have not received any warnings, kicks or bans and I plan on upholding that reputation.

What can you bring to Imperial Gaming: I can bring a helping hand to both the staff and the players and a new friendly face that people know they can trust with any and all problems they may encounter throughout their time on the server, and as I am so active I will be able to get to know the community one person at a time so that everyone will be able to feel like they are getting the best service that is possible from the staff. I can also offer reliable support to those who join the server as I enjoy interacting with the community from day to day so me being able to help those same people with any problem they may run into then it will improve their experience on the server.

Anything else you would like to add: Please leave honest opinions in the comments as I would like to know what areas I can improve on, thank you!!

Terms
I Iris, accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Denzham
I added some colour to make it a bit easier on the eyes and i added a little to the how allowing me to be part of the team will help you. thank you all for the feedback i tried to incorporate it in. edit 2: i updated play time and added more infotmation.
  • Upvote 1

Neutral here. I've seen you around the server and you seem decently active at the moment, as well as I haven't seen you break rules. You're a good member of the community, but I will go into why I do believe this is a neutral.

Application

Your application is meh, its fine with grammar, punctuation and spelling but there's not much information in there, its not super detailed and I'd love to see some more written out to see if you can expand on your reasons for wanting to be staff, and in turn what you would do as a staff member. Apart from that, the rest of it is nice, formatted nicely, some use of colours could work too, to help divide things.

Overall

Overall I think you'd be a decent fit, but I do believe you need to show more of yourself on the server, in this application, and as what Goliath said, we do have a lot of T-Mods at the moment. 

Nonetheless, good luck with your application.

Neutral. I think you could improve the detail of this application by adding an example of a situation in which you would know the finer points of how to solve as a moderator.

E.g. Many people spawn in the event map, all stuck together because the spawn is a bit broken. First you would aide people by explaining to them that this will be fixed right away, and to not fire your guns. You would then use your physgun to spread people out so they have the ability to move, and continue to make sure that the mood amongst players was a calm and peaceful one. You understand that people killing is spawn to allow themselves to get out, can antagonize the other Players who have the self control to wait for a Staff member. You solve the issue quick and efficiently, and if you notice that you are the only one doing it from the start of the Event, stick to the job, as sometimes massacres can turn spawn into a cluster of stuck troopers again. Once seeing that spawns have been properly Fixed by EM's (if they were a bit broken to start with), you can either participate in the Event, or do little things that can Aid EM's without specifically having to talk to them. 

For instance, NPCs stuck underground are normally bugged and can ruin RP as they shoot up at troopers out of nowhere, If you are not sure about their purpose, you can just chuck it in admin chat. Also it can be good to monitor the entire map, and new spawning recruits, to see if there are any people running off where they shouldn't, again if you doubt yourself on their involvement in the event, not wanting to ruining possible EM plans, can just chuck names and actions into Admin chat about rogue troopers walking off. Admin Chat is very much a recognizance of Information and reports about different parts of the Event. By reporting back to the chat, more competent staff roles can act on your information. 

I guess this is the kinda stuff I learned through my experience as Mod, but I think these situations can be found we you get the chance to spectate a problem being solved by staff.

4 hours ago, goliath said:

Nothing outstanding and (imo) we don't need more T-mods.

Fair point thanks for the input.

4 hours ago, Omoshiroii said:

Neutral here. I've seen you around the server and you seem decently active at the moment, as well as I haven't seen you break rules. You're a good member of the community, but I will go into why I do believe this is a neutral.

Application

Your application is meh, its fine with grammar, punctuation and spelling but there's not much information in there, its not super detailed and I'd love to see some more written out to see if you can expand on your reasons for wanting to be staff, and in turn what you would do as a staff member. Apart from that, the rest of it is nice, formatted nicely, some use of colours could work too, to help divide things.

Overall

Overall I think you'd be a decent fit, but I do believe you need to show more of yourself on the server, in this application, and as what Goliath said, we do have a lot of T-Mods at the moment. 

Thank you for the tips i will be sure to try to improve my application for next time.

9 minutes ago, -CML- [IG] Divisionary said:

Neutral. I think you could improve the detail of this application by adding an example of a situation in which you would know the finer points of how to solve as a moderator.

E.g. Many people spawn in the event map, all stuck together because the spawn is a bit broken. First you would aide people by explaining to them that this will be fixed right away, and to not fire your guns. You would then use your physgun to spread people out so they have the ability to move, and continue to make sure that the mood amongst players was a calm and peaceful one. You understand that people killing is spawn to allow themselves to get out, can antagonize the other Players who have the self control to wait for a Staff member. You solve the issue quick and efficiently, and if you notice that you are the only one doing it from the start of the Event, stick to the job, as sometimes massacres can turn spawn into a cluster of stuck troopers again. Once seeing that spawns have been properly Fixed by EM's (if they were a bit broken to start with), you can either participate in the Event, or do little things that can Aid EM's without specifically having to talk to them. 

For instance, NPCs stuck underground are normally bugged and can ruin RP as they shoot up at troopers out of nowhere, If you are not sure about their purpose, you can just chuck it in admin chat. Also it can be good to monitor the entire map, and new spawning recruits, to see if there are any people running off where they shouldn't, again if you doubt yourself on their involvement in the event, not wanting to ruining possible EM plans, can just chuck names and actions into Admin chat about rogue troopers walking off. Admin Chat is very much a recognizance of Information and reports about different parts of the Event. By reporting back to the chat, more competent staff roles can act on your information. 

I guess this is the kinda stuff I learned through my experience as Mod, but I think these situations can be found we you get the chance to spectate a problem being solved by staff.

Thank you for the feedback i appreciate the detail as it helped with the example scenarios i will try to incorporate it into my next attempt at an application, thanks again.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, goliath said:

tbh in the past few weeks mods have been non-existent after 9pm, Iris is always on and in my opinion would make a great staff member.

+1, would make a brilliant staff member and makes a good impression on players in our community.

8 hours ago, goliath said:

@goliath , We kinda do need moderators since most Staff Members tend to get off the server at 8-9pm and it may get a bit stressful for the remaining Staff Members on the Server, So Iris I actually think you would suit Moderator because:

• Mature
  • Friendly
  • Detailed Application
  • Really Active has no life <3 

So Iris, Here is a +1

Good Luck Mate :D 

19 minutes ago, Martibo said:

tbh in the past few weeks mods have been non-existent after 9pm, Iris is always on and in my opinion would make a great staff member.

+1, would make a brilliant staff member and makes a good impression on players in our community.

Thanks for the support i apreciate it.

11 minutes ago, Emerald said:

@goliath , We kinda do need moderators since most Staff Members tend to get off the server at 8-9pm and it may get a bit stressful for the remaining Staff Members on the Server, So Iris I actually think you would suit Moderator because:

• Mature
  • Friendly
  • Detailed Application
  • Really Active has no life <3 jks

So Iris, Here is a +1

Thanks but i don't have a life and i know that haha

59 minutes ago, Carnifex said:

+1, would make a great staff member

Well put, would say the same thing. +1 from me

+1..... Respected member of the community... Iris is also online during hours at which no other admin is online. It would be nothing but beneficial for Iris to become a trial mod IMO.

17 minutes ago, Ares said:

+1..... Respected member of the community... Iris is also online during hours at which no other admin is online. It would be nothing but beneficial for Iris to become a trial mod IMO.

thanks man i appreciate it 

On 10/17/2017 at 1:02 PM, Emerald said:

• Mature
  • Friendly
  • Detailed Application
  • Really Active has no life <3 

So Iris, Here is a +1

You Are A Friendly Person, You Have A Very Detailed App So i have to agree With Emerald

+1

3 hours ago, Plasma said:

You Are A Friendly Person, You Have A Very Detailed App So i have to agree With Emerald

+1

thanks i really appreciate it

On 17/10/2017 at 9:23 AM, Omoshiroii said:

Application

Overall

^ Neutral

On 17/10/2017 at 10:55 AM, Martibo said:

+1, would make a brilliant staff member and makes a good impression on players in our community

This +1

On 10/17/2017 at 3:55 PM, Martibo said:

^agree +1

Hi Iris,

Your application has good detail, although it suffers from many spelling issues, which do affect the outcome of the App. Although, regarding the information, it does provide a clear contention to the role you want to undertake, which is T-Mod. What I do suggest though, is to overlook errors throughout the app, such as "i". These can be easily fixed, but you haven't yet. 

I have seen you in game, to the point that you take RP quite seriously, and ensure that the Sith Inquisitors are doing their best. Although we haven't talked much, as I am Pilot Commander, I know you are more than capable to fully for fill your position as Sith and hopefully T-Mod. 

+1 You're a good boy, and personally, I think you are able to undertake the position as T-Mod. 

Good Luck, 

Maxine. 

7 minutes ago, Maffa146 said:

Hi Iris,

Your application has good detail, although it suffers from many spelling issues, which do affect the outcome of the App. Although, regarding the information, it does provide a clear contention to the role you want to undertake, which is T-Mod. What I do suggest though, is to overlook errors throughout the app, such as "i". These can be easily fixed, but you haven't yet. 

I have seen you in game, to the point that you take RP quite seriously, and ensure that the Sith Inquisitors are doing their best. Although we haven't talked much, as I am Pilot Commander, I know you are more than capable to fully for fill your position as Sith and hopefully T-Mod. 

+1 You're a good boy, and personally, I think you are able to undertake the position as T-Mod. 

Good Luck, 

Maxine. 

Thank you for the feedback and critisism I appreciate it, I'm sorry for all the spelling errors I wrote this on my phone so I did not manage to spelling check it but I will be sure to look over my application right away to fix any errors I can find.