A Simple Question

Alright, being MSGT Tachyon of Vader's Fists. I have one simple yet not answered, question.
I walk around the ship, doing my daily business, everyone salutes me regardless of rank or regiment (Maybe not regiment xD)
This isn't just ST Privates either but people from other regiments and people higher than me even.
This has been happening to me since I was ST though.

@Kestoren Maybe some people were taught differently and were taught to salute Optional SGT - SSGT - MSGT. I’ve seen this been happening a lot and if they want to salute you then they can salute you it’s their choice. I probably don’t have the best understanding of this because I’m a Commander and already get saluted from mostly ever lower rank. But yeah it’s most likely to be in their recruitment training.

Edited by Wombatiacus

Oh boy. I get it from officers too though. xD Although there is a 'wave' act that people could use instead, I know I use it when I greet people but sometimes I just don't react to people because I'm buys doing something i.e. Training or guarding etc.
But yeah, I might need that 'At ease' bind by now, haha.

7 hours ago, Kestoren said:

Alright, being MSGT Tachyon of Vader's Fists. I have one simple yet not answered, question.
I walk around the ship, doing my daily business, everyone salutes me regardless of rank or regiment (Maybe not regiment xD)
This isn't just ST Privates either but people from other regiments and people higher than me even.
This has been happening to me since I was ST though.

if u have a pauldron they'll salute you

• Upvote 1

As Hornet said yesterday in the Mess Hall, people like to show respect. I teach Recruits that sometimes saluting SGT's and Senior Crewman, can help you form good relations with people, and can help you in the long run. By the time you rank up from private to Corporal or even SGT, those people you saluted out of respect, will most likely be in the officer places where you need to salute for RP. It will most likely be a habit by then, and you'll enjoy doing it. This is almost like a way of starting open dialogue with people that you are new to, and connecting with them instead of being unknown to them when they reach the saluting ranks.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, -CML- [IG] Divisionary said:

As Hornet said yesterday in the Mess Hall, people like to show respect. I teach Recruits that sometimes saluting SGT's and Senior Crewman, can help you form good relations with people, and can help you in the long run. By the time you rank up from private to Corporal or even SGT, those people you saluted out of respect, will most likely be in the officer places where you need to salute for RP. It will most likely be a habit by then, and you'll enjoy doing it. This is almost like a way of starting open dialogue with people that you are new to, and connecting with them instead of being unknown to them when they reach the saluting ranks.

Can Completely agree with Divisionary, I am one of those people who will salute as a sign of respect and also as a greeting. I find it just makes peoples day and often makes conversing in open dialogue and Role-Play more achievable and usually greater in my experience. Divisionary is also right about the habit @Kestoren, once you start you do not want to stop, I of course will usually do not salute private's however sergeants I believe do deserve at least the salute as a formal greeting especially when I have Spoken to them before.

• Upvote 1