Alright, so guys, I've had people come into the recruit room that don't have the clearance level to be in there and usually disrupt SGTs+ Training the recruits, it can get quite annoying when you're sitting there trying to get a recruit to listen and go through all the information with them and try to get them to understand everything and then a Private or Corporal or whomever decides to barge in to harass the SGTs or disrupt because they don't understand something or know something so they have to come into the Recruit room rather than say asking in OOC or asking a superior what something is.

What I'm proposing is adding in some things to the Education Centre and making it a prominent area for STs or whomever to go to if they want to learn something. Things that need to be added are, like what PTS/PTE/STS and some other abbreviations are for STs to understand, especially when you're trying to get them to do something and they stand there dumbfounded as to what you are saying. Not to mention Ranks should be added in for all the rank equivalents especially for Navy/ISB to Trooper ranks as ISB especially can be more confusing for STs and we can't go around telling every single soldier what rank to salute or what clothing means what rank structure they belong to e.g. Higher rank or whatever.

We need to add in some descriptions of the more complex Formations as well like Prisoner = Inward + Strip comms/weapons, VIP = Outwards, I've had multiple STs think that during a VIP you have to have your gun on safety, without considering that if you are in a hostile environment and need to guard say Grand Moff Tarkin, they would rather be unprepared than prepared. 
At least make some of these things added into the Recruit Room that should be enforced to teach the Recruits as well.

Also adding in the Abbreviations and ISB ranks into the Recruit room would help recruits before they leave and may be thrown into combat or a training before they know it.
It has also become apparent that a lot of people don't actually know where the Classroom and Education Centre actually is and we might have to add in some directions.

• Upvote 1

+1

I have personally experienced the problem you are talking about either the recruit room. There is always reason to increase access to information and ease of learning, especially for newer players. Perhaps it would be wise if MHC had officer cadet+ run refresher courses and teach more advanced things in the EC on a regular basis?

21 minutes ago, pinejack said:

Isn't this EXACTLY what the classrooms are opposite the bridge are for?

That is what he is saying. We have the classrooms, but they don't have all the resources required to be efficient or even useful.

9 minutes ago, goliath said:
32 minutes ago, pinejack said:

Isn't this EXACTLY what the classrooms are opposite the bridge are for?

That is what he is saying. We have the classrooms, but they don't have all the resources required to be efficient or even useful.

Not just that, it's not used enough. We need more people running the Classroom, allowing our troops to be taught and learn more freely.

2 hours ago, goliath said:

+1

I have personally experienced the problem you are talking about either the recruit room. There is always reason to increase access to information and ease of learning, especially for newer players. Perhaps it would be wise if MHC had officer cadet+ run refresher courses and teach more advanced things in the EC on a regular basis?

As you said, if OC's could run refreshers, it'd help people immensely.
+1 to that Goliath.

Correct me if I am wrong, but most days the classroom is actually being run for this exact use. I have been in there guarding the various MHC members several times as they are running classes for SGT and below doing refresher courses to make sure everyone knows everything.

Hi all,

If you have any further questions or statements, please come to me, as I am trying to resolve this. 

I thank everyone for their opinions, and as "Head Of Education" I will ensure that recruits and anyone else has a sufficient area to train and learn new things. I will go over future plans with the Generals to ensure that it is put into place as soon as possible. 

Thanks,

Miss Maxine - MHC Head Of Education. 

7 hours ago, pinejack said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but most days the classroom is actually being run for this exact use. I have been in there guarding the various MHC members several times as they are running classes for SGT and below doing refresher courses to make sure everyone knows everything.

^^^

Hermes

I have assigned Maxine to update both the recruit room and the Education Centre. On behalf of Military High Command, we believe that both of these crucial areas of the ship are not up to the standards required by the players. There is simply not enough information present, or the information shown is not presented clearly enough, to fully guarantee all personnel can benefit and learn all they need to follow and retain order and conduct throughout the ship.

Please contact Maxine, who is Head of Education, and myself as leading Secretary to ask for updates and address any concerns and suggestion you have concerning both the recruit room and Education Centre. You may contact us via Teamspeak messages or you may book an appointment with us in-game.

We are also planning on expanding and standardising the use of the classroom. Maxine, whenever possible, will be supervising every lesson which is to take place in the classroom. This is to ensure every lesson is run smoothly and that there is actual beneficial education. The classroom is to be used a professional manner and we recommend all teachers pre-structure their lessons before using it. Remember to book the classroom with Military High Command before holding your lesson.

Maxine will also hold periodic refreshing courses with a continually evolving lesson which is to ensure all personnel understand who they are, what they are and how things are run things as well as what are the policies, rules and restrictions placed upon you as an operative of the Empire and on the Star Destroyer.

You will probably see updates released in a separate thread in the coming days. If this does not happen, be safe knowing that Military High Command have listened to everybody's concerns and are working on this.

This will be a continually evolving endeavour. We hope everybody can be patient with us whilst we undertake this project and we hope everybody can contribute to our goal in creating a more consistent and better flowing learning experience for all personnel.

Chef Jr. - MHC Secretarial Control

Edited by Chef
  • Whitey locked this topic