Hello IG.

for the past 8-9 months, i have been an event master for the server. Running events almost anytime i can and attending to my own regiment. However, althouh i have had some good times and made a lot of what i would call friends throughout this experience, i may have to say that it isnt all just rainbows and sunshine.

EMs, right now are struggling. We struggle to keep doing events because, to be honest, the cogs have stopped turning. We no longer have the strength to keep doing these events. Managing up to 90+ people a day, having to deal with event characters, having to deal with people's complaints and having to work out how to make every one happy. The truth is, you cant. It is impossible. Hell, i cant even make myself happy anymore, i keep trying to smile and laugh and do what i would call "meming" but really, its just cry for help. Im sick and tired of feeling useless, i try to put on this fake persona so that people think thst i am actually happy with myself and what i do, but im not. when you tell an EM that thier event wasnt their best, they know, and they know it a lot better then you. All the ideas have been done, its just recycled garbage now.

No offence to the EMs who do try their hardest, and to be honest, we all do, but right now, its hard. No one wants to do this job, and the people who do might not be cut out for it. people have been bringing up how off ship events have not happened for the past day or two. This is correct, and the reason is, is because event masters cannot stand changing the map, setting characters, setting HP, setting weapons, spawning shit for the event, spawning props, taking complaints etc etc. its a huge hassle. On ship events are so good for EMs because its just easier. Some people complain that the events are not thought out. Well, they aren't. As an em, you have little time to plan much. You cant write out an entire fucking essay for your event like you could in the old days. Now, the server is more populated, players need fun, and if they dont get fun, they leave, and, if we dont plan, there is more room for error, more things can go wrong. If you write out an essay for your event, the event will always go south and your going to probably toss your plan.

if you dont like the current events, i would advise that you sign up to be an EM, since you obviously know how they should be done, we need people like you to join us because you have all the ideas and you know what to do.

By the way, i do enjoy at times being an em. The sensation you get when your event is over is incredible, especially if your event was a smash hit. And getting to know all the ems and the admins and be well know is great to. There are pros to being an em, im not saying there isn't, because being an em can be so fun and cool, dont doubt me there.

event masters get more shit flung at them then support. How about instead of flinging your 2 miserable cents at as, you get off your ass and actually help us, support us. You want better events? Stop making the event masters feel like garbage and maybe, just maybe, you might get a good event.

- Sorry for the rant, but im tired of feeling like shit.

-tbh ill probably delete this soon cause i know this will get backlash. So, from the past, thanks already for the BS, i get it enough, im used to it.

Edited by Fox
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 7
Just now, Little5avage said:

What fox posted is 100% correct and I don't disagree with one bit of what he has said.

Exactly this. I remember back in the day when Gusky and Wolf actually made you write out your events like a school essay before you were allowed to run them because it was that relaxed back then when you could afford to do this as there was not a lot of pressure or demand for events as there currently is now. Even as just a normal player on the server, I have seen how hard it is for event masters these days to make fun and exciting events when 9/10 everything goes horribly wrong and 9/10 times people bash the shit out of them complaining about little petty things when they really have no idea how much time and effort actually go into making events for the players enjoyment, not the event masters.

• Upvote 3

Yea as a staff member I try to help out with the events as much as possible and this gives me a closer look on what the EM’s do not just myself but just hearing them in TS and honestly it’s really difficult, I have major respect for what Fox does and he’s is good at what he does but the players need to help out too not just make it more difficult for him. We need to aim to have more than 2 event masters on helping with the event even other staff there is a lot of management to do and one person by themselves is ridiculous.

Good on you Fox.

• Upvote 3

Also an addition. I do not understand why people are so mad about on ship events. In the Star Wars universe, a lot more on ship shit would happen compared to off ship missions. Even something as simple as passiveRP things should be considered as good and enjoyable on ship events, not just things liken wookiees attacking the ship. I think that there should also be more time in between events because two-three hours is no where long enough in my eyes.

Fox I understand what that's like, I want you to know that youre looked up to by many people on the server. Your events are good and have good story behind them... Don't feel useless when you are the most active, long term Event Master in this community (love you as well Gusky). You in a way have what I would call Staff Depression. You feel useless as a staff member and don't enjoy it as much as you used to. It's an easy fix (take 2 pills and call me in the morning jk) TAKE A BREAK or do many, many game nights. Play some of dat Battle Front boi. With or without friends enjoy yourself again and come back to the server when youve enjoyed just not having the strain of staff like you would. Being staff is a like being a phone you lose battery but you can always recharge that's all you need to do Foxo. I'd love to join you in a game of Battle Front, been in the hospital... 

Enjoy yourself @Fox.

And to all those shitting on fox for doing probably the best job in the EM team. F*ck off please*

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Fox said:

Hello IG.

for the past 8-9 months, i have been an event master for the server. Running events almost anytime i can and attending to my own regiment. However, althouh i have had some good times and made a lot of what i would call friends throughout this experience, i may have to say that it isnt all just rainbows and sunshine.

EMs, right now are struggling. We struggle to keep doing events because, to be honest, the cogs have stopped turning. We no longer have the strength to keep doing these events. Managing up to 90+ people a day, having to deal with event characters, having to deal with people's complaints and having to work out how to make every one happy. The truth is, you cant. It is impossible. Hell, i cant even make myself happy anymore, i keep trying to smile and laugh and do what i would call "meming" but really, its just cry for help. Im sick and tired of feeling useless, i try to put on this fake persona so that people think thst i am actually happy with myself and what i do, but im not. when you tell an EM that thier event wasnt their best, they know, and they know it a lot better then you. All the ideas have been done, its just recycled garbage now.

No offence to the EMs who do try their hardest, and to be honest, we all do, but right now, its hard. No one wants to do this job, and the people who do might not be cut out for it. people have been bringing up how off ship events have not happened for the past day or two. This is correct, and the reason is, is because event masters cannot stand changing the map, setting characters, setting HP, setting weapons, spawning shit for the event, spawning props, taking complaints etc etc. its a huge hassle. On ship events are so good for EMs because its just easier. Some people complain that the events are not thought out. Well, they aren't. As an em, you have little time to plan much. You cant write out an entire fucking essay for your event like you could in the old days. Now, the server is more populated, players need fun, and if they dont get fun, they leave, and, if we dont plan, there is more room for error, more things can go wrong. If you write out an essay for your event, the event will always go south and your going to probably toss your plan.

if you dont like the current events, i would advise that you sign up to be an EM, since you obviously know how they should be done, we need people like you to join us because you have all the ideas and you know what to do.

By the way, i do enjoy at times being an em. The sensation you get when your event is over is incredible, especially if your event was a smash hit. And getting to know all the ems and the admins and be well know is great to. There are pros to being an em, im not saying there isn't, because being an em can be so fun and cool, dont doubt me there.

event masters get more shit flung at them then support. How about instead of flinging your 2 miserable cents at as, you get off your ass and actually help us, support us. You want better events? Stop making the event masters feel like garbage and maybe, just maybe, you might get a good event.

- Sorry for the rant, but im tired of feeling like shit.

-tbh ill probably delete this soon cause i know this will get backlash. So, from the past, thanks already for the BS, i get it enough, im used to it.

What Fox said is all 100% true . It happened in many servers . I as an Ex-Event Planner in a big server , really can't cope up with stuff and handle stress of the community is giving . Most quit because of that and it's an important issue that need to be dealt with .

Ems shouldn't get hate . They tried their hardest to create events . It is not easy to do . They are the ones who keep the playerbase ongoing . Without their good events , I would be probably not be part of this Community .

• Upvote 2

Hey fox, you and all the other event masters have my upmost respect. You guys are pretty much the back bone of the server without you guys it can crumble pretty quickly. This is one of the reasons i placed an APP for EM because you guys inspire me and make me want to help you all. So please dont feel that everyone is out to get you anybody that doesnt see you trying your best are just ignorant arsehats.

• Upvote 1

+1 I agree 100% with what he said the reason we do this is for the high at the end when we do a great event and i absolutly love hearing your ideas guys just don't expect me to do everything also shout out to my man @Wombatiacus he has honestly kept me going just by like the casual keep up the good events and just general feedback. Yes we know when we do a bad event just remember there are always issues behind the scenes you need to think about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Event Masters are part of the reason why Imperial Gaming is such a large, diverse community. I don't think many people understand that being an Event Master can be stressful because of the planning stage of the events as well as the execution of the set event you have for the player base. All the Event Masters have my utmost respect and all of you deserve credit for creating entertaining events! Keep up the good work and don't let anyone put you down!

I'm not going to lie, I have been one of the people to say "This event was sh*t" and now I realise that was a really sad thing of me to do and I am deeply sorry about my past comments about events just because I didn't get my own way. 

This is very very true...
Event Master's cop to much "Crap" for every event they do, not everyone can get their way but Event Masters try and try again working with comments to help better the events for others. Thank's @Fox for bringing this up.