Jag

A new formation

I was thinking of this while doing a duel column with the pilot commander/zodiac as we are requesting to make are reg larger by 4 so we can fill both blue red and black squads. The thing with a duel column is that with 13 people i think it would be to long so with the triple column i think it will be a lot easier and still roughly the same size as the dual column thanks for your thoughts. Red leader Lieutenant Commander Larry signing out.

20171005164312_1.thumb.jpg.1ff44e1c42abbd263a7623db3267e194.jpg20171005164307_1.thumb.jpg.3059eab067fbf31ffe88bbc08f6dff24.jpg20171005164221_1.thumb.jpg.a8d4f42410365db18bd2eeb23d90b84c.jpg

Yea! I have thought about this one aswell! The only issue is, or, issue with me, is that you might need all your reg on for the formation to work. 3 squads behind you would look sick, but if someone wasnt there, it would ruin it. Also, this formation is kinda usless tbh, no offence. If you were walking in this formation and then were attacked, your reg would be a magnet for friendly fire, nades and troppers would struggle to get out of formation to actually fire. However, it would look good as maybe a patrol or strolling formation.

good memes

- Fox

7 hours ago, Black Leader said:

I was thinking of this while doing a duel column with the pilot commander/zodiac as we are requesting to make are reg larger by 4 so we can fill both blue red and black squads. The thing with a duel column is that with 13 people i think it would be to long so with the triple column i think it will be a lot easier and still roughly the same size as the dual column thanks for your thoughts. Red leader Lieutenant Commander Larry signing out.

20171005164312_1.thumb.jpg.1ff44e1c42abbd263a7623db3267e194.jpg20171005164307_1.thumb.jpg.3059eab067fbf31ffe88bbc08f6dff24.jpg20171005164221_1.thumb.jpg.a8d4f42410365db18bd2eeb23d90b84c.jpg

-1 for dank squad... but no in all honesty this would be a good strolling formation so +1

Guest Excalibur
23 minutes ago, Fox said:

If you were walking in this formation and then were attacked, your reg would be a magnet for friendly fire, nades and troppers would struggle to get out of formation to actually fire.

Perhaps in the event of an attack, the troopers on one side could crouch down, and the troopers in the back and middle row could scatter their spacing to make a kind of 3 lined advanced firing line?

12 minutes ago, Excalibur said:

Perhaps in the event of an attack, the troopers on one side could crouch down, and the troopers in the back and middle row could scatter their spacing to make a kind of 3 lined advanced firing line?

Yeah lit. Sound g

This isn't for combat boys cool your jets it's only for a way to travel in a more compact and smaller way without being to long and block people for 2 mins trying to get somewhere

I know of a formation which involves firing lines, which was used during the Musket age, where the second line fires and crouches then the third line fires or maybe even have it for the firing line to have mass spacing and include 3-4 lines to have a much larger fire rate.

11 minutes ago, Kestoren said:

I know of a formation which involves firing lines, which was used during the Musket age, where the second line fires and crouches then the third line fires or maybe even have it for the firing line to have mass spacing and include 3-4 lines to have a much larger fire rate.

The keyword here is "musket". Muskets could fire a maximum of 3 rounds per minute, so this kind of formation was viable to keep up a constant fire from a battle formation of Musketeers. In the Star Wars universe, the standard gun nearly every Imperial has, the E-11, fires between 5-7 rounds per second and can reload in less than 3 seconds. That means that this formation is not really viable.

5 hours ago, Chef said:

The keyword here is "musket". Muskets could fire a maximum of 3 rounds per minute, so this kind of formation was viable to keep up a constant fire from a battle formation of Musketeers. In the Star Wars universe, the standard gun nearly every Imperial has, the E-11, fires between 5-7 rounds per second and can reload in less than 3 seconds. That means that this formation is not really viable.

Chef, all I have to say is 'REEE' to you for dismantling my argument, but I mean like the rear troops could wait for the front to fire their rounds or if the troops infront die, move up. But hey, it's just a suggestion.

But I did also suggest, maybe making it as there be more gabs in a firing line to allow 3-4 lines to fire at once.

• Haha 1