Parks Event Master Application

Steam Name:
Cheesequackbar2

Do you have a microphone that you can use regularly?
Yes I do have a microphone which I do use regularly.

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:123069441

In-game name and rank:
I am currently a Lieutenant of the Vader's Fist, and my in game name is Parks. I have had many other names in the past, these being:

Pilot Master Chief Cheese 

Inquisitor Apprentice Kiwi

Lord Malgus and Greedo

Time Played:
In the time playing on this server, I have changed accounts once. This being because I had some issues on my main account with steam not letting me log in, which I now have resorted to using my second account, Parks.

All together these two accounts would add up to a total of 3 weeks.

Why are you applying for this position?:
I am applying for this position due to the shortage of events and event masters in the past few weeks, as I was a trooper and sith, I've had experience on both types of duties that you carry out on an event. By having this, I would use this to my advantage make events more involved with both saber users and troopers, making them fair and fun. By also, keeping it fun, more involved and fair for the event characters as well. As a event master I believe that it is always great to respond and get feedback on an event from both event characters and non event characters, to, in the future, make the events meet the standards that the people wished for, and aim for those wishes. And that is how I will carry out being an event master.

How will allowing you to be apart of our staff team help us?:
I believe I would be beneficial to the staff team due to my great skill of teamwork and communication, with a hard working attitude. I'm very active during the week, as I may not be on very much, I am always checking social media platforms for any updates or messages if anyone needs. On the weekends I am also active and I come on quite a lot.

Keeping consistent, I will strive to do 2 or so events a week, hopefully more, while keeping them fun, fair and involved. I will be a very dedicated event master, coping with different situations the server throws at me. 

A main thing that I will most definitely pick up on, are admin tickets when someone will call for an Admin. Unless someone has reacted before me, I will always put others help before my own well being and needs.

Have you been an Event Master on previous servers? If so please list them:
No I have not been an Event Master on previous servers, but I am willing to put in hard work over the next few weeks if I become an event master, to learn how to use commands and tools, to carry out the standards of a great event.

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them:
I have never been kicked or banned in the months of playing on this server. I have been warned once a long time ago, while playing Greedo, for accidentally pressing my dance bind which I have now completely gotten rid of, due to getting this warning. This is now an expired warning.

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and attract more people?:
As I've been in pilots before, and during that time, we were not involved in events at all and always hated it when we knew events were going to happen. That still seems to be the case in some events. Pilots and navy have resorted to just having to become ground troopers rather than their real role play nature. In the Star Wars movies, navy seem to have a connected with the pilots, communicating and planning things during battles. Using this in an event will really bring alive the role play aspect of a real space battle rather than just rebels invading the inside of the ship as usual. 

Anything else you would like to add:
As a trooper, I've been quite bored of events that are just played over and over again. Just the same thing but different plot. So I will strive for my events to be unique and highly involved.

Two different example events that you will do if you get accepted for the position of Event Master:

Prior to making this application, I asked a few higher ups what they find fun in an event, they answered with:

1. Having suitable objectives rather then just killing rebels.

2. A well planned out and executed event.

3. A fun, easy map where it isn't too big so you cant get lost or confused on where to go.

With these as the primary source to coding my events... I will do these two events if i become an event master:

Map: On Ship Event

Plot: Rebel ships have been spotted near the star destroyer. Navy picks this up and sets the troopers to defcon 3. The Rebel ships flood Main Hanger 1 releasing Jedi and Rebel troopers who are all after one thing, the Emporer (If he isn't on, Darth Vader or the Generals or Admirals).

Characters/NPC's: Number Of Jedi and Rebel Troopers and Rebel Pilots will be determined depending on how many troopers and sith are on. (For fairness).

Act 1: Rebel Ships are spotted, sending the star destroyed into defcon 3. Troopers will be asked to secure the main facilities such as MHC and the Bridge. Pilots are stationed in the Tie Bays (If there aren't any pilots on, Navy will be used or Higher ups) and will be sent to have a fighter battle with rebel ships. While this happens, a rebel ship makes touchdown in Main Hanger 1. A Jedi will then hack the comms, and send a message to the Empire for the Emperor( If he isn't on, Darth Vader or the Generals or Admirals) to say that they want the Empire to surrender and if they don't they will kill said VIP along with the entire Star Destroyer. Navy and MHC make a decision while keeping close contact with the pilots whether they give in, or fight back. The Rebels get angry and tensed due to the Empire taking long to answer, so they then react, bursting into MH1. Navy (Or I) announces that the Rebels have boarded the ship and are coming for the said person. The ship orders for troops move to defcon 2, locking down the bridge entrance (Outside ISB HQ)  in a massive advanced firing line protecting the VIP's who the rebels are coming for and the ISB behind the firing line. (Navy will be in the bridge at all times, communicating and planning).

Act 2: Waves of NPC's spawn at the bridge entrance, slowly killing troopers. As this happens, Jedi are raiding the sith temple, which then sith are told to fight the Jedi back to maintain the temple. Meanwhile, the Rebel Pilots have disengaged and are now waiting for the Rebels to do their thing and get out of the Star destroyer, the pilots are called back to the ship where they will then start having to defend their bunks as rebels raid it (If any pilots are on. If not then the Higher Ups will then join the firing line). (Rebel troopers are to stay put until the Empire Pushes back, and the Rebel Pilots are turned into Rebel fighters). 

Final Act: Navy Announces that the Rebel forces and Jedi have died down, and that the troopers do a full attack on the Rebel troopers in MH1. The VIP's and ISB and Navy lead the charge. As the troopers are pushing the rebels back, few of the Jedi get away while the Troopers are left to be killed. The Empire have a mission Success, navy instructs the troopers to go to defcon 4 where they will then search the ship for remaining rebels. If there are, they will be publicly executed by Sith at debrief.

Map: rp_naboo_city_v1

Plot: (This event is a follow on from the earlier event, although does not have to be straight after it.) A rebel hide out is spotted on the navy radars, and are suspicious of their plans. We travel to the Naboo City, searching the city to find where the Rebel hide out is located. After locating it, we find out that it is a trap, as rebel ships and blockade runners come from the sky, dropping off troopers and Jedi.

Act 1: Troopers are asked to head to debrief for a run down on what Navy have located, we strap them up and head off to the city of Naboo (Change maps). When we arrive, troopers will be asked to scout our the city and ask citizens if they have seen any suspicious signs of rebels. Troopers are to report back any information of detective work they have gathered from the citizens.  After gathering all information, the location of the rebel base is revealed, which troopers are then asked to go to. After finding out that it is a fake base, the citizens are to be arrested, which they do get arrested. After this, a fleet of Rebels appear from hyperspace and wage war on the Empire, releasing Rebel troopers and pilots. (Pilots or Navy will be stationed in tie fighters until the rebel pilots are killed). Sith will be focused on Jedi and Troopers focus on Troopers and Pilots focused on Pilots. Another all out war.

Act 2: Mission Fail (Retreat):

If the rebels get too much and we are taking many casualties, we will be asked to retreat back to the star destroyer, where there will be debrief of consequences where we would like each regiment to be doing training. (For RP wise).

Act 2: Mission Success (Kill all rebels):

If we manage to overpower the rebels might, then it is a mission fail. If there are any rebels that surrendered due to the Rebels retreating, they will be taken back to the star destroyer and will be yet again executed. There will be a debrief of promotions and placings.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application :)

-1 Sorry, but you stated in your application that you want to make more fun and unique events, but then you write out the most stock standard Rebel events. The first even you have written is probably the most common on-ship event and you are resorting to using "waves upon waves" of NPC's which will lag the shit out of the server with 100+ players on. The second event isn't that much better as it is literally just the stock standard "find the Rebel base" event. I would also like to say that for the second event you are relying too heavily on troopers doing what they are told and roleplaying perfectly with the civilians and the base.

I honestly think that you need to redo these two events and make them so that they are actually original and unique, which they are currently not. Could you also have a look in-game for your actual time and not just a "Oh I have about * days on the server" .

56 minutes ago, pinejack said:

-1 Sorry, but you stated in your application that you want to make more fun and unique events, but then you write out the most stock standard Rebel events. The first even you have written is probably the most common on-ship event and you are resorting to using "waves upon waves" of NPC's which will lag the shit out of the server with 100+ players on. The second event isn't that much better as it is literally just the stock standard "find the Rebel base" event. I would also like to say that for the second event you are relying too heavily on troopers doing what they are told and roleplaying perfectly with the civilians and the base.

I honestly think that you need to redo these two events and make them so that they are actually original and unique, which they are currently not. Could you also have a look in-game for your actual time and not just a "Oh I have about * days on the server" .

^ -1

1 hour ago, pinejack said:

sorry Parks its a -1 for me

Guest Excalibur

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Pinejack on this one. As I said to you during our in-game discussion, the events are very similar to those we have had before. Despite this, the application is very well written. If you were to come up with some more original events, I would be more than happy to change my -1 to a +1.

10 minutes ago, wflizzi said:

Neutral

-----------------------------------------------

• Well Written app
  • Somewhat active
  • Nice guy
  • Generic Events

-----------------------------------------------

^ -1 Sorry mate

@pinejack

Thanks for the feedback, I will be honest, those event ideas were a bit rushed, but I will definitely take your comment into consideration and aim for those standards. 

Also, my days played do not pop up when i press c, only reason I rounded that.

Thanks everyone else for the feedback too <3

This confuses me.

You talk about how you will be implementing changes to the 'usual rebel events' yet you do the most basic rebel onship event ever. Like I've known you since I joined the server since I started, yet you put so little into thinking of an original event on your staff application. Put it one way when you have to do a 6 hour campaign a rebel event won't cut it.

Neutral

On 27/09/2017 at 10:17 PM, Blacklight said:

Neutral

• In-Depth Application
  • Easy Going Member of the Community
  • Not really active on the server

Good luck in attempting to get Event Master!

On 28/09/2017 at 5:25 AM, Gylfi said:

Your events are very bland and generic. I havn't seen you on as much as needed for an EM.

Agreed. -1