Something we could implement

So I've had this in my mind for a while and i thought i should talk about it on the forums to see what everyone's opinions are. 

The idea I've had in my mind for a while is that Commanders should implement a "meeting" or a briefing before a mission off ship or during a situation on-board the Star Destroyer. For example, if high ranking individuals such as the Generals and the Admiral were captured and held as hostages on-board the Star Destroyer, Commanders from each regiment would group up at a specific location to discuss tactical strategies on how to safely secure the high ranking hostages as well as taking out the hostiles that held the Generals and Admirals hostage. I believe that if we were to implement this, on-board and off-board situations/missions would be more efficient and pristine as it would create an environment where each regiment has a set objective which would make the event less of a mess and more of an enjoyable and immersive event.

Feel free to write your opinions on this!

~ Brigadier ARC-20-A Blitz, Rancor Battalion

Sometimes Event master does this but I believe they sometimes have a lot of other stuff to do in the meantime and they want to get their event ready by the scheduled time. The event staff would have to plan and prepare a lot more prior to the event and setup.

+1 

instead of moving as one massive mob of troopers, we could separate off with different objectives. Regiments such as IC, Rancor and SCAR have more high priority tasks. Whilst regiments such as 442nd and riot hold the front lines taking the shots for the troopers. Plus, this idea would mean bunks would be used more often instead of just debriefs and spawn points. 

• Advisor

This is still suppose to be happening as caboose asked for this and so did the Generals, I do not know why it is no longer being done, @Guskywalker please tell your EM's to start doing this again

• Upvote 1

I do it...

But I stopped because sadly enough the commanders couldn't take it seriously. I would tell them the area and all Id get was "Nuke em" or "bomb it" so only one or two commanders would offer a suggestion everyone else would tell bomb it! Pissed me off. This happened like three times.

Edited by FrenchyFries

I agree with frenchy I'd be all for it. It's just some events you go in blind it would help if all commanders knew what the map looked like so they could formulate a strategy 

I agree with Frenchy
I watch EM's do this and there are thoughs fair few "Donators" commanders who like to make things funny by saying nuke it and stuff like that.
Sadly the "Donator" Commanders do not take things serious and see this as a time to minge and stuff.
Sadly there is not much I can do but just tell them off :(
Where normal troops who earned there rank are serious and if they fall out of line they will know that they will get demoted.

2 minutes ago, Sal said:

Also I believe caboose didn't want us watching the TV instead get troopers setting up a base or training 

Also you are correct I believe   

• Sad 2

+1

@Stevo.Before Events he always try's to grab us by us I mean Attack Regs and put us into a meeting where we would plan what we would do. This was quiet the immersive RP for me and for all the other Attack Reg commanders. I do believe we can do this it might be a challenge getting everyone (Commanders) into a meeting. Oh with what @Little5avagesaid about "donator" commanders saying dew it or nuke it if we are in a event no one should be saying this I believe. As a commander I have a duty to be a good leader, role model and serious Roleplayer because this server is a SERIOUS RP server. I understand what @FrenchyFries is saying but for some commander that might be hard task to over come. I don't know how to fix that maybe when they buy commander put them through commander tryouts. This is only a suggestion. Also Little when their doing stuff like that give them a verbal warning before warning them and if your not allowed to warn them for that reason just put a AOS on them. If this keeps happening demote them and make them do commander tryout for there spot again so they learn not to do this sorta stuff again. These are only suggestions for what everyone  can and should do in my eyes.

@Little5avageI believe @Blacklightgot this idea from when you were putting our regiments through training. Us commanders and brigaders were talking about how we should do a meeting to solve problems that we are facing. I hope this gets implemented.

Back in the day when I was an Event Master I used to try and do this, but it usually ended up wasting an extra 30 minutes before the event and after the meetings, the commanders wouldn't actually do anything regarding what was just said in the meeting. They would generally just do the norm and run their regiment in and get everyone killed. There is also the matter regarding some of the immature donator commands that @FrenchyFries brought up.

I understand what your saying @pinejackThis does normally happen anyways so I see why you didn't implement it in your events. I'm not sure if any other commanders do this but 212th my reg we talk strategy before going into battle mainly in TS But sometimes in-game. We maybe a Attack Battalion but we don't want to run into battle head on with no cover and low health and get gunned down. I believe we should implement this again as a trial and see how it goes and if it goes badly we should stop doing it. And if commanders speak out of line they will get yelled at by the generals these are my thoughts. It might be hard to implement but we can always try and improve.

+1

I can only speak from personal experience as the Regimental Commander of Inferno, but I personally would LOVE for something like this to happen. I have seen what @FrenchyFries and @Little5avage are talking about - there is perhaps a lack of proper checks before someone donates for a Regiment, which has the unfortunate result in those who are not ready for the responsibility of running a Reg to overestimate themselves and get into a position they are not really able to handle. I understand that donating is an integral part of the framework that keeps the server sustainable, but perhaps requiring aspiring 'Donator Commanders' to sit a Sergeant of Officer test beforehand, or including some kind of training course for commander to help prepare them, would be beneficial and cut down on immaturity amongst the higher echelons. 

HOWEVER, I know quite a few Regiment Commanders who are dedicated not only to their role, but also to their Regiment, and for those people regular meetings with the EM's to discuss plans and things their Regiment can do to contribute in events would be of massive benefit to the server, in three major parts:

1) The Event Masters would be able to get feedback from the Regiments through their commander, and also gather more ideas and help build up a picture of the part each Regiment can play in events, whilst also helping the Commanders develop realistic expectations by informing them of the restraints that GMOD places on EM's.
2) Regiments would benefit by being able to give feedback to EM's through their Commanders, through helping to find a role they can play in events (which gives them motivation to be more serious during events, since they feel like they're actually making a difference). This also helps each Regiment to forge an identity of their own, something that makes them unique.
3) MHC also stands to benefit from this. In Commander Meetings, there isn't really enough time in Command Meetings for Regimental Commanders to speak up, as there is a disconnection between the amount of time available and the information that MHC need to communicate to their Commanders. This gives MHC a chance to see Commanders and EM's interact, which gives them a chance to see which commanders are ready for promotion, which are trying but still need help, and which aren't really dedicated to the role.

These meetings need not take place before every event. A daily or weekly meeting, I feel, would be more than enough to help Regimental Commanders and Event Masters touch base and collaborate on ideas to help improve not only events - both from the perspective of those who create them and those who play in them.

FURTHERMORE: As the representative of Inferno Squad, I feel that our Regiment is criminally underused in events. We have something entirely unique on the server to offer Event Masters, but so far have not had a chance to demonstrate this. I would love to get in touch with any event master interested in working with Inferno to help better not only the Regiment, but also improve RP in events on the server in general. 

• Upvote 1