Staff Report: Qteks

Staff member:

Navy Line Captain Qteks

Junior Event Master

@Qteks

Incedent:

During an event today (17/09/17 1500 slot) ISB requested that we had a base built.  We were granted and the engineers created us a small base with witch to operate out of.  After coming back from being AFK, much of the base had been covered in the MILF material as shown.  At first it was a bit funny, but I had the engineers remove it and replace it with something more roleplay inclined.  Someone then modeled it again.  And again.  And again.  Getting fed up with it, i wen't over to qteks (who I thought was doing it) and asked him to stop.  He denied it was him.  As the engineer replaced it again I asked him who did it, and he said Qteks.  After it happened again stormtrooper approached me with a video of Qteks doing it AGAIN.

Why is this bad:

As a junior event master, Qteks is supposed to use his powers to run events to create a fun and immersive roleplay experience for the server.  Here he is using his abusing his powers to annoy ISB (who he has previously quarreled with in the past), inappropriately interfere with the engineers RP multiple times all using a very inappropriate material all after being shown that we did not like it.  This is on top of the fact he is using any of his powers during another EMs (Pablo's) event without there permission.  As a member of the community I feel that this portrays a very negative (yet false) image of the community and its staff (just ask the 4 or so recruits nearby.)

Witnesses:

Engineer Junior Technician Anthony

ST PVT Tosh

Evidence:

image.thumb.png.1f71f1e102445d94d467264af11fa25b.png81DEB4C9DFF8BC8B92A6108209262C869FB68F9E

UPADTE:

I have just been told that the Engineer was PMed by Qteks who apparently got angry at him for telling me this (I don't have any proof of this yet, the engineer says he will send a screenshot).

Navy Junior Technican Anthony: Qteks to You: why the fuck did you dog me
Navy Junior Technican Anthony: Qteks to You: you told him i did the materials

Edited by goliath
Added more proof

I really don't think this is a major issue, As is could of been resolved in game,

Qteks does his job and he makes them fun, he didn't ruin the event in any way in my opinion.

Just now, Sushi said:

I really don't think this is a major issue, As is could of been resolved in game,

Qteks does his job and he makes them fun, he didn't ruin the event in any way in my opinion.

I believe the point Goliath is trying to make is that he asked the person to stop and they did not. They even lied about doing it and when proof came that he did do this he decided instead of going yeah I should'nt of done that he decided to ask the person why they dogged him out and acting like its the person fault for dogging him out he got busted/in trouble. This is not the tyoe of actions our staff should uphold. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sushi said:

Tanks for your reply Sushi,

While it my not have ruined it for you, it was very frustrating for myself and the engineer involved.  He still inappropriately used his powers for his own comedic gain repeatedly, the very definition of abuse.

Edit:

Wolf hit the nail on the head with that reply. 

• Upvote 1

Lying to community members, directly ruining experiences of players

Abusing staff permissions to 'screw' with said players

Although this issue is not 'Major' It is still an issue that has to be dealt with as it is misconduct of a staff member

+1

also that's some smooth gameplay my man

+1 I think that Qteks needs a good talking to about this. He was asked to stop by multiple people over multiple occasions to stop replacing the materials of the tower yet he continued to do so. He then also lied about doing it to the players involved even though they saw him do it. This is not the kind of behavior a staff member, let alone a junior staff member, should be doing on the server.

+1, Qteks straight lied about what he was doing when he was confronted about it. He abused his powers which should be used for good, to get at the ISB which he does not like, and in my opinion i think this is also a form of regiment disrespect too, and when i told Goliath he did it i got ALOT of negative PMs from Qteks about why i did it, as he tried to cover himself. Heres a list of some more

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1137149009

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1137149452

Hey, it's kinda what I did to Engineer Add back in the day. A big no-no.The fact that you lied then blamed another user is a big no-no.

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 1

As much as I like qteks. This is not something staff should be doing. However, punishment shouldn't be too harsh. It didn't stop any RP from what the videos show. 

NEUTRAL

+1 This is embarrassing that you would display this type of behavior and then blame it on another community member. It is not our job to be stupid and act like children your a decent guy qteks its just these actions shouldn't be shown by our staff

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2

Overall I screwed up. I shouldn't have done it but there are a few things I disagree with and that are been blown out of proportion. Firstly I only materialised multiple props once. From then I may have materialised 2-3 probs then the rest of the time it was just 1 prob I materialised. Secondly, when I messaged Anthony why he told Goliath about the materials, that was done before the whole situation was going sour, back when it was my first time doing the materials as a joke. I messaged Anthony just to ask him why he had told goliath back when it was fun and games., at that time I was not blaming him for anything and just asking why he had ratted me out while having fun. A few other small things where firstly I never blamed anyone else for it @Mauler, and also while it was wrong to lie they already knew it was me who did it and it was more of a sarcastic joke saying I didn't, due to the fact at that point they were just recording everything to gather everything they could. I did wrong things and I admit that I also tried to talk to Goliath about the situation which we were able to have a quick conversation before the forum post, however, I wish I could have been able to have a full conversation before he posted the thread. While I did do wrong at the end of the day we're talking about a situation where I materialised a base. If the first time was "bit funny," then why shall the other times when I did it to a small part of the base be considered abuse.

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

After writing that I have gotten even more messages saying I blamed it on someone else. Can someone explain how me asking someone why they ratted me out means I'm blaming them for the situation?

Edited by Qteks

I think the main point of this right now is the lying and not owning up phase of it, not an aspect a staff member should ever have or do.

4 minutes ago, |Stryker| said:

I think the main point of this right now is the lying and not owning up phase of it, not an aspect a staff member should ever have or do.

I own up to the fact that I did wrong things, however, will also defend myself in the many elements that have been blown out of proportion, and again what have I lied about?

1 minute ago, Qteks said:

I own up to the fact that I did wrong things, however, will also defend myself in the many elements that have been blown out of proportion, and again what have I lied about?

Either then the fact I said I didn't do it, which at that point they already knew I did, yet they were constantly recording every single thing I did and asking me questions about what had happened

This is starting to become a mess, this will be my final post on this thread. I also wish for only people with something new to say or the management team to comment on the thread so that the issue can be solved without the same things being repeated over and over. (Hopefully I can have a speak with the management team about the issue)

I will speak to Qteks and Golith.
Anyone who messages Qteks about this report the user will be warned. This has turned into an argument that does not need to happen.
If you have nothing to say or you were not part of the situation do not comment do not speak to anyone about it.
We can clearly see people want Qteks punished however once Caboose, Ridge or Myself look into further detail nothing will happen at this moment until we can clearly see and understand the story more. There is more information on this situation then there is on this post (Most Likely)
Thank You
Little

This report will be locked
We are currently reviewing both party's and there story's
We no longer need to hear public thoughts and the situation is being handled.
Thanks
Little