T-Mod application Mummers

Now many of you know me as a not so serious/minge player well I can tell you lots have changed over the months, I've gotten older and getting mor mature and I take RP as serious as I can and I am trying to improve to be known as a serious rper who does not like to minge.

Steam Name: [IG] Mummers

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198136311115/

In game name and rank: Mummers

Rank ST Private

Navy senior crewman retired

Navy engineer retired

Medic PFC retired

DT retired

ISB retired

Time Played:

In game time: 1 week 4 days

real time: I would say about 5-6 months

Why are you applying for this position?: I am applying for this position to help out the staff team (extra help) usually many admins are dealing with minges or are in the middle of serious RP situations as having me apart of the will provide extra help. 

How will allowing you to be apart of our staff team help us: as I said many staff deal with minges or are in serious RP situations so choosing me to be on the staff team can provide extra help.

Have you been a Staff on previous servers if so please list them:  not sure if this counts but I was originally a co-owner of a minecraft server a couple years ago.

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them: I have had 2 warns for fail rp

What can you bring to Imperial Gaming: A mature attidue and help and serious RP

Anything else you would like to add:

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Although 1w seems like alot, it is generally a good idea to make yourself known throughout the community. Not only that, your application isnt very detailed and seems very rushed. If you cannot take care in writing an application, then I do not believe you can take care with moderating itself.

1 hour ago, T0m said:

Although 1w seems like alot, it is generally a good idea to make yourself known throughout the community. Not only that, your application isnt very detailed and seems very rushed. If you cannot take care in writing an application, then I do not believe you can take care with moderating itself.

Agreed but a neutral from me

i suggest putting a little more detail in your app and become know in the community a bit better.

GOOD LUCK!

Mummers, I know you from way back, when you were active on the server. You have only just come back and I don't really see you on that much.

You should get yourself known in the community, get a bit more playtime and increase the length and detail of answers on your application.

• Upvote 1

Last night you were mature but like I said in the tryouts it is hard for me to forgive. 2 warnings and -21 rep on the forums show that you don't have the maturity to be a moderator. I believe you should just enjoy the server as a player not staff.

Also back when I was navy you were kicked from the position you did not retire. You may want to state that...

thanks

Edited by Big Papa
5 hours ago, Big Papa said:

Last night you were mature but like I said in the tryouts it is hard for me to forgive. 2 warnings and -21 rep on the forums show that you don't have the maturity to be a moderator. I believe you should just enjoy the server as a player not staff.

Also back when I was navy you were kicked from the position you did not retire. You may want to state that...

thanks

not arguing I have been in navy multiple times and left multiple time and kicked once and I totally respect your decision, thankyou for the feed back

• Upvote 1

Stay enthusiastic and positive about whatever situation your in. Focus on the RP, you don't have to agree with everyone all the time (stay true to yourself), and you'll be on a good path to hopefully success. If you can influence new players as a user, to make good positive decisions in RP, using your experience to teach them, it will be proof of how you will act if you become T-Mod. People see that, and they know you will act the same as when you were a user, and that you will never have the need to abuse your powers, people Trust that person. Now Since you have made a 'Not so good' first impression, it may take longer than you might think, to get your reputation to an atleast neutral standing, and then build it up to a respected enough level. 

If your gonna carry on to do this, you must do it for you. Don't make improvements to become a T Mod, make improvements to better yourself as a person online. What you learn here you will take everywhere in online communities. Stay in good spirits, learn when to talk and when not to. Try be as helpful as you can without looking too desperate to prove yourself, and try not to suck up to anyone, but still learn what behaviour people like.  It has to be a genuine upgrade from yourself, for people to see it as long lasting and true. The moment you go back into old habits and decide to minge even for a little bit, you will lose most if not all of your progress. Learn who you like to hang out with, learn who likes to hang out with you, and surround yourself with people that make you laugh. If you see friends breaking the rules, show them how the benefits from following them outweigh the consequences of not. 

In all honesty, with my experience in this field, I'd say if you worked real hard on yourself, and learning from everyday's experience to apply to the next day, to return to neutral will take atleast 2 weeks. Now you wont be neutral with everyone, high staff remember people, but on the other side you will hopefully be on good terms with many new players if you carry on to be enthusiastic about many situations. (These are valueble people to keep around, as they can help you when many things as you reach deeper into the server.

Now some of the other comments say your'll need another good 1 week playing time. That's logistically about 3 hrs a day for 2 months, unless you do a Hermann, and leave your acc online in the morning, (I don't advise).

Now the 1 week increase, isn't because your playtime is too low, its more that they want to see your self improvement attitude for atleast 1 week playing time. Now that doesn't mean that your plan should be, act the best you can when they are looking, and just relax when they are not. I think you would want to have a consistent type of behaviour that may not be considered the best it possibly can be, but it is also focusing on what interactions happen and seeing how you can learn from them on the spot. Kinda like you have to sacrifice PC performance to record while playing the game. Because everytime they are to actively look at you, if it has been a while, they will expect an improvement, and that's where the consistent trend will work in the background and will help you be able to adapt to situations on the fly. 

Now this may seem a little bit sensational, but I believe you can learn from others just as much as you can learn from yourself, Of course you aren't ready for this position yet, but you may find that you attain an in-game RP role that allows you to do the same types of duties. 

I'd think that a Positive Familiar User's voice, compared to a plain Mod, is better at preventing people from breaking the rules they don't they they don't wanna break, before they break them. But Combine the two and you get the best combination, with many examples present in the community at the moment. Some use different methods that follow a more negative or harsh approach, which work better for them, as everyone is different.

At the end of the day Mummers, better yourself for you, and it will be genuine.

• Upvote 3
On 17/09/2017 at 1:28 PM, -CML- [IG] Divisionary said:

Stay enthusiastic and positive about whatever situation your in. Focus on the RP, you don't have to agree with everyone all the time (stay true to yourself), and you'll be on a good path to hopefully success. If you can influence new players as a user, to make good positive decisions in RP, using your experience to teach them, it will be proof of how you will act if you become T-Mod. People see that, and they know you will act the same as when you were a user, and that you will never have the need to abuse your powers, people Trust that person. Now Since you have made a 'Not so good' first impression, it may take longer than you might think, to get your reputation to an atleast neutral standing, and then build it up to a respected enough level. 

If your gonna carry on to do this, you must do it for you. Don't make improvements to become a T Mod, make improvements to better yourself as a person online. What you learn here you will take everywhere in online communities. Stay in good spirits, learn when to talk and when not to. Try be as helpful as you can without looking too desperate to prove yourself, and try not to suck up to anyone, but still learn what behaviour people like.  It has to be a genuine upgrade from yourself, for people to see it as long lasting and true. The moment you go back into old habits and decide to minge even for a little bit, you will lose most if not all of your progress. Learn who you like to hang out with, learn who likes to hang out with you, and surround yourself with people that make you laugh. If you see friends breaking the rules, show them how the benefits from following them outweigh the consequences of not. 

In all honesty, with my experience in this field, I'd say if you worked real hard on yourself, and learning from everyday's experience to apply to the next day, to return to neutral will take atleast 2 weeks. Now you wont be neutral with everyone, high staff remember people, but on the other side you will hopefully be on good terms with many new players if you carry on to be enthusiastic about many situations. (These are valueble people to keep around, as they can help you when many things as you reach deeper into the server.

Now some of the other comments say your'll need another good 1 week playing time. That's logistically about 3 hrs a day for 2 months, unless you do a Hermann, and leave your acc online in the morning, (I don't advise).

Now the 1 week increase, isn't because your playtime is too low, its more that they want to see your self improvement attitude for atleast 1 week playing time. Now that doesn't mean that your plan should be, act the best you can when they are looking, and just relax when they are not. I think you would want to have a consistent type of behaviour that may not be considered the best it possibly can be, but it is also focusing on what interactions happen and seeing how you can learn from them on the spot. Kinda like you have to sacrifice PC performance to record while playing the game. Because everytime they are to actively look at you, if it has been a while, they will expect an improvement, and that's where the consistent trend will work in the background and will help you be able to adapt to situations on the fly. 

Now this may seem a little bit sensational, but I believe you can learn from others just as much as you can learn from yourself, Of course you aren't ready for this position yet, but you may find that you attain an in-game RP role that allows you to do the same types of duties. 

I'd think that a Positive Familiar User's voice, compared to a plain Mod, is better at preventing people from breaking the rules they don't they they don't wanna break, before they break them. But Combine the two and you get the best combination, with many examples present in the community at the moment. Some use different methods that follow a more negative or harsh approach, which work better for them, as everyone is different.

At the end of the day Mummers, better yourself for you, and it will be genuine.

Thankyou Divisionary for the feed back I will be sure to do everything that you mentioned!

On 15/09/2017 at 10:24 PM, Little5avage said:

Some helpful advice.
1. Maybe wait 1 more week or so to apply
2. Add more information (More then a sentence answer)
3. Try and get yourself know to the community (become friendly)
4. Try keep the warns to a min (Keep them at 2 warns try not to get more warns) 

This says it all. 

-1 for now. Sorry Mummers.

@-CML- [IG] Divisionary Can you write up my assignments pls cause you wrote so much there lmao

On 9/15/2017 at 9:54 PM, Little5avage said:

Some helpful advice.
1. Maybe wait 1 more week or so to apply
2. Add more information (More then a sentence answer)
3. Try and get yourself know to the community (become friendly)
4. Try keep the warns to a min (Keep them at 2 warns try not to get more warns) 

Little has summed up everything that I was going to say. I believe since his response you have gotten more warnings/have been a bit mingey. -1

• 1 month later...