Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperiorJacob

Is being a bounty hunter worth it? This is a post explaining why it is.

What would you rather?   

22 members have voted

1. 1. When you have an annoying trooper that you want gone, what would you do?

• Hire a bounty hunter to slowly torture / kill the player so they feel the pain and never do what they did again, and also so you don't get introuble for their death.
    • Dispose of them yourself, go to jail for 5 mins and potentially be demoted.
    • Do nothing and let the trooper ruin the Empire. (You can stop them, but you chose not too, so you also get jailed / demoted here)
  2. 2. Can't trust a normal trooper enough to guard, what would you do?

• Hire a Bounty Hunter to guard and act as the front line with their strong weapons and strong armour.
    • Let them guard and hope for the best (the trooper gets one shot and you have to fight the enemies alone).
  3. 3. Need some information found out about certain people, what would you do?

• Get a Bounty Hunter to uncover the information and don't go to jail.
    • Look for the information yourself but potentially get caught and go to jail.
    • Get a random trooper that can turn invisible to do it for you (then you both get introuble and get demoted and jailed)

People might say paying for the role of 'Bounty Hunter' is just another excuse to minge, the thing is I absolutely and utterly agree to the bottom of my heart with that statement, although there is one thing you need to also understand, the type of minging a Bounty Hunter would do is not the kind that should be punishable by OOC means, it is a type of minge that follows guidelines of roleplay and creates an entirely new environment for people to play in. If Bounty Hunters weren't on this ship, naughty troopers you couldn't just execute without being jailed would roam freely and never learn their lesson, or you do it and potentially get PK'ed. Bounty Hunters have created a foundation that allow you to kill whomever you want without getting caught (unless you're trying to kill someone they like and they expose you, which is fine, but its at a cost of going to jail anyway).
Bounty Hunters give Shock/Riot/ISB something to do on the ship or out of the ship, and its constant play, constant fun, either it be chasing down a Bounty Hunter who just assassinated you're best friend who decided to metagame to you that you were killed and the exact location or it be coming to the lounge and raging because someone walked in and never came out, either way it brings out the most fun and insecurities in everyone.

Now what I just said is only the first side of the story, there are many more and many ways to have fun whilst a Bounty Hunter, and many other ways for people to have fun with the Bounty Hunter as well.

What I don't understand is the fact when people come across the Bounty Hunters hired and let upon this ship to live by the Empire, people still treat us like pesky civilians with no rights which is true but think about this; We are guests on the ship, most of us are the most feared people in the galaxy as we would do ANYTHING for money and we were awfully good at ANY request, we could remove thousands of standing officers with only a sniper and a grenade, nothing could stop us, so we got hired onto a Stardestroyer that happens to belong to Darth Vader and Palpatine, now imagine going against a bounty hunter, if you hurt us, we hurt you, but if you think again, hurting us means you are hurting the wishes of the very high up positioned people in the Empire who hired us upon this ship. In reality if you walked up to Palpatine and called him a disgusting slag, he would execute you, so why do people rip us off, we are literally Palpatines best friend, have you not seen the amount of times he has visited our bunks for the soley purpose of doing things for him? For the sole reason of troopers / his own army incapable of the task or it has to be a mission no one needs to hear of.

The last statement shows why you should higher Bounty Hunters, and why we get hired.

P.S. Honestly I don't give a shit I just wrote this because its what happens as soon as I log in, either the Bounty Hunters get Metagamed, to randomly inspected and arrested to being bullied as we are civilians and we don't matter to the Empire *or thats what they think :')*

(Answer the poll <3)

Edited by SuperiorJacob
  • Upvote 1

Just now, SuperiorJacob said:

We are always in need of work :)

Good /me hands over note Get whitey and i will pay pal $50 must be alive

Just now, charles said:

Good /me hands over note Get whitey and i will pay pal $50 must be alive

Idiot, whitey can see all chats. You have made a mistake in trusting the power of the chat box.

2 minutes ago, SuperiorJacob said:

Idiot, whitey can see all chats. You have made a mistake in trusting the power of the chat box.

shit i have been compromised

I am sorry whitey

19 minutes ago, Whitey said:

... *Picks up phone* Begin the operation.

Untitled.png.6863f8f9c5deced0765bd84f293e371c.png

P.S
For the poll:

1. Call ISB or SK/RT

2. Guarding regiment

3. Not break imperial law or contact the relevant intelligence agency

Edited by Goliath
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1. When you have an annoying trooper that you want gone, what would you do?
Take them into the bureau and have them executed

2. Can't trust a normal trooper enough to guard, what would you do?
Call some Death Troopers, have them guard instead

3. Need some information found out about certain people, what would you do?
Take them in to the Bureau and brutally interrogate them

[EDIT] Damnit Goliath getting in there as I type

Edited by Tonberry
  • Thinking 1

51 minutes ago, Goliath said:
1 hour ago, Whitey said:

... *Picks up phone* Begin the operation.

Untitled.png.6863f8f9c5deced0765bd84f293e371c.png.664bd7026536eb403f8d00d6c3d86dcc.png500

1,050 + HP (equal in damage output within 1 minute)

VERSUS

bounty_hunter_lounge.thumb.png.be262f849eea3974559580d064e1bf5c.png

4,450 + HP (1600 damage output within a second of firing pulse cannon)

Okay butt Boba Fett died to accidentally having his jump pack hit... so like... you know...

/me punches jet pack.

10 minutes ago, JDark47 said:

Okay butt Boba Fett died to accidentally having his jump pack hit... so like... you know...

/me punches jet pack.

He never died in the salaac pit if thats what your referencing :)

1 minute ago, SuperiorJacob said:

He never died in the salaac pit if thats what your referencing :)

Well.. I mean he is easily to temporarily dispose of then :')

@Whitey's words (can't quote for some reason):

Imperial RP | Server Rules & Guidelines

General Rules:

1. Serious RP at all times.

2. No minging.

3 hours ago, SuperiorJacob said:

People might say paying for the role of 'Bounty Hunter' is just another excuse to minge, the thing is I absolutely and utterly agree to the bottom of my heart with that statement.

/me sighs

This is just a recipe for trouble. I don't have much faith in a developer who thinks they can minge and who also encourages it. I also find it funny that you can be a robot who has a mohawk and a cape while I can't have simple stripes on my armour (#ripchefsquad), but that's beside the point.

Bounty Hunters are fun to roleplay with when they're played right and, at least from my point of view, a lot of them (not all of them) end up being minges, as you've pointed out and shown yourself. Being hit on and killed for no good reason (I'm a Widow Sergeant, not some high ranking ISB or something, for crying out loud!) is just inconvenient and in the end it's usually for some troll or annoying reason; being assassinated in the middle of ST training is especially not fun.

My advice:

Sure, be a dick, but be one within the rules. Bounty Hunters are assholes, we get it, and we'll accept that in roleplay, but don't fall into the category of asshole who is just annoying and mingey, be the asshole who fits into character and that you can light-heartedly dislike. In the end (and I can't believe I'm the one saying this), it's a game, and killing others to just troll and not for good in-character reason is just plain not fun.

Call me a buzzkill, but I've been here for quite a while and I've seen plenty of the good and bad sides of Bounty Hunters. Don't get rid of them, they're imperative and, as you say, create an entirely new environment to play in, but just get the right people/attitude to play them.

Edited by SCHEFF
  • Upvote 1

On 10/11/2018 at 3:33 PM, SuperiorJacob said:

Its free lmao

Nah, according to that pesky HK-51 bounty hunters can’t harm other bounty hunters ;)