Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
charles

Slot Upgrage

Upgrade Server?   

46 members have voted

1. 1. More Slots?

@Whitey you know i literally feed the ******* server crack cocaine all day long just so we can be the #1 Australian Server

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Splonter said:

I’m sorry but it is impossible for player slots to be increased, Garry’s Mod doesn’t allow it.

Only thing I’d think to fix this was to have a second server for events that way people can still play on the server when an events going on balancing out population.

Second server with just everything the same (files copied) would be good and if one server is full you just go on the next one.

2 hours ago, EpicEzale said:

Second server with just everything the same (files copied) would be good and if one server is full you just go on the next one.

Already discussed this and decided against it as it would split our player base.

2 hours ago, Martibo said:

Already discussed this and decided against it as it would split our player base.

may i ask how. most nights we are getting 128 people and other want to join so if EMs just sit on the other one and run events. While staff (Mods) sit on the main one and do staff stuff its a win win. The people that want events get them the people that want to RP, Rp

And with SLQ or SQL or what ever its called couldnt you hook both servers up to read data so if you SGT on one server you SGT on the other

Just wondering

2 hours ago, charles said:

may i ask how. most nights we are getting 128 people and other want to join so if EMs just sit on the other one and run events. While staff (Mods) sit on the main one and do staff stuff its a win win. The people that want events get them the people that want to RP, Rp

And with SLQ or SQL or what ever its called couldnt you hook both servers up to read data so if you SGT on one server you SGT on the other

Just wondering

It’s possible for the database stuff, but it wouldn’t be worth splitting up the players. The fact is that 90% of SWRP is waiting around until events happen. If you have another server where events are being held, almost everyone would go there instead of the original server. If the original server held events, all those people would leave the second server and join the original server again.

It would fuck up the player base. 

If if you want to be on the server, join it before it’s full.

Edited by Stevo.

Would love this if the server could possibly handle it, but alas, we must wait until S&Box to get more slots without it being game breaking ☹️

Gmod doesnt support above 128 players do your research before you post suggestions thanks.

• Upvote 1