Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kix

Ban Appeal (Banned 22/02/18)

Foreword:

I’d like to apologise to the community and those directly affected by my actions that lead up to a just ban. I acknowledge the immaturity of my actions on the day of my ban. I do not play Garry’s Mod, at least not to the extent I used to. I put up this ban appeal in the hopes that I can make peace with those I’ve previously upset and occasionally visit the server that kickstarted my SWRP experience. Thank you for reading this thread.

Steam Details

Steam Name: Kix

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:114042335

Steam Profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/KIXTHETROOPER/

In Game Details

In Game Name: Kix

In Game Rank: Corporal

In Game Regiment: Riot

Ban Details

(Insert a screenshot of the ban notice here)

814030862_HalfLifeSourceScreenshot2018_10.08-17_54_51_12.thumb.png.36fbde609fed2a5b6bd74e6ea264ad35.pngimage.thumb.png.e5fd709b43867893b6cf35a51365989d.png

How long was the ban for: Permanent

Which staff member banned you: Ridge banned me from the forums. I do not know who placed the ban for the server.

What date did the ban occur: February 22nd, 2018.

What was the reason for the ban:  “Advertising different server and attempt to poach players through PMs.”

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned: It was close to or the night in which Empire Gaming was released, & the forums were boiling over with tension. I inappropriately used Imperial Gaming’s Forum as a platform to push my agenda, through slandering the IG name and contacting my friend @Twinkie and asking if he would join Empire Gaming, a server which I had recently moved to from Imperial Gaming.

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance: I'm not sure I do. I fully understand my actions were out of line, and I feel the punishment appropriately fits the behaviours I displayed back in February. I'd like to be unbanned so I can occasionally join the server and say hello. One thing I can promise, you will see no more of the immature behaviour I displayed previously. I understand that my behaviours threatened the server in a pressing time, and it was selfish & inconsiderate. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 5

it has been a while now and you do seem quite genuine with this appeal, it was a heated time I understand that even though i was away when it all happened and clearly you made some bad decisions. However in no way am i saying what you did was appropriate as it was a serious offense against the server and it's community but all in all i'm going to kick this appeal off with a +1 

Edit: clearly i don't know the full extent and from what people have been saying there was more to it, as i wasn't there at the time and i don't actually have a perspective i'm changing my response to a neutral so that it can be judged and a decision can be made by those that know more than me.

Edited by Denzham
response change
  • Angry 1
  • Upvote 1

as iris said apparently i didn't know the full extent of what happen so ill be changing to a neutral

Edited by Gunjies
  • Upvote 1

Changing to -1.

( Read what Welshy said.. )

Edited by Emerald
  • Upvote 1

Gave away personal information on everyone in ISB back when I was in it. (You doxxed all of them, We cannot trust you after we gave you a position of trust, Which you broke?)

Advertised which is a basic rule not to be broken, which was a big arisen issue at the time.
I personally do not think you should be unbanned. I hope you can appreciate the reasoning behind this.

Thanks,

Welshy

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Welshy said:

Gave away personal information on everyone in ISB back when I was in it. (You doxxed all of them, We cannot trust you after we gave you a position of trust, Which you broke?)

Advertised which is a basic rule not to be broken, which was a big arisen issue at the time.
I personally do not think you should be unbanned. I hope you can appreciate the reasoning behind this.

Thanks,

Welshy

-1 I have to agree with what @Welshy said.

To add to this when I was in ISB you also abused the trust we gave you by creating a copy of all ISB data and released it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Welshy said:

Thanks,

Welshy

You're not wrong. I'd like to clarify though, to those who may not understand fully;

I was the secretary for ISB during 2017, in charge of basic administration of ISB & it's relevant regiments. ISB possessed a google document containing a plethora of files on tanks, weapons etc. In game, roleplay reports. (Made for fantastic reading). I shared the google docs specifically with the intent of giving friends (2 People) of mine (at the time) interesting in-game documents such as mission reports for SCAR. (In an OOC manner, though it could constitute failRP I suppose). I neglected to realise that I was also sharing personal information of users. I recieved a 3 day ban for this incident, and deleted all files in order to prevent member's information from being shared further.

There was no malicious intent behind this incident, I hope you can understand this. Thank you for commenting.

Apologies to @Katelyn @Pablo @Welshy @Jman1308 and any others that were affected by my actions last year.

Edited by Kix
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Welshy said:

Thanks,

Welshy

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Welshy said:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Welshy said:

Gave away personal information on everyone in ISB back when I was in it. (You doxxed all of them)

-1 ......

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Welshy said:

Gave away personal information

Could be wrong, but I think that's can constitute a crime...

15 hours ago, Welshy said:

Thanks,

Welshy

17 hours ago, Welshy said:

Thanks,

Welshy

I just want to point out, I don't know you, I'm glad I don't. This is because you were stupid enough to give a document with other peoples' information out to people who you didn't have your full trust in, and if you did, stupidly put your full trust into them.

"There is always a lesson of a lifetime to learn in every betrayal." - E. Mbiaka

I'll let you understand that quote on your own.

19 hours ago, Welshy said:

Thanks,

Welshy

-1, What you have done is a disgusting. I don't wish to see you return to this community to plague it, no matter how genuine your apology is.

16 hours ago, Goliath said:

Could be wrong, but I think that's can constitute a crime...

Yeah, that's wrong. No law against the accidental sharing of the email addresses, which is the only personal information I believe was shared.

7 hours ago, Mauler said:

You ruined your own image with your actions.

You're not wrong. However this was roughly 11 months ago, nearly a year. While that doesn't forgive what I did I think it's fair to say one changes a lot in such a time period.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I just want to point out, I don't know you, I'm glad I don't. This is because you were stupid enough to give a document with other peoples' information out to people who you didn't have your full trust in, and if you did, stupidly put your full trust into them.

"There is always a lesson of a lifetime to learn in every betrayal." - E. Mbiaka

I'll let you understand that quote on your own.

That's true, I was indeed stupid enough 11 months ago to share files without first omitting the emails of those on the roster. Given that I gave it to Plutonic and Spin, 2 people I did have my full trust in and were fairly well trusted by the community it's fair to say I misplaced my trust.

I understood the quote well enough, it's a nice touch.

12 minutes ago, Basil said:

-1, What you have done is a disgusting. I don't wish to see you return to this community to plague it, no matter how genuine your apology is.

What I did was disgusting. I have apologized for it. Sometimes, all we can do is apologise and wait for time to heal old wounds. I don't think my return would be a plague to the community, such an incident would never happen again.

I may receive many downvotes for this, you may shake your head and dismiss what I have to say. I am simply taking the only actions I can to make amends for the mistakes of oneself close to a year ago.

Thank you all for your responses to my thread.

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Denzham said:

it has been a while now and you do seem quite genuine with this appeal, it was a heated time I understand that even though i was away when it all happened and clearly you made some bad decisions. However in no way am i saying what you did was appropriate as it was a serious offense against the server and it's community but all in all i'm going to kick this appeal off with a +1 

Edit: clearly i don't know the full extent and from what people have been saying there was more to it, as i wasn't there at the time and i don't actually have a perspective i'm changing my response to a neutral so that it can be judged and a decision can be made by those that know more than me.

20 hours ago, Gunjies said:

as iris said apparently i didn't know the full extent of what happen so ill be changing to a neutral

Just for you two, I'd like to clarify that this incident was 2 months (Correct if wrong management?) Before my permanent ban, and unrelated.

• Downvote 2

(Before you read just to let you guys know I am staff I just have not had my tag changed to Trail EM)

I knew you when you played on a different server. you were kind, fun and most of all my biggest influence I was gonna apply for EM on this server because of you. to think you dropped your EM tag just to get Forms mod was a big thing but

from what i have heard from everyone else though its a -1 from me

Edited by charles
  • Thinking 1

Denied

Hi Kix,

Imperial Gaming acknowledges your apology, however your ban appeal has been denied. 

You may re-apply in 3 months.

• Tongue 1
  • Upvote 1