Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bailey

I made Aurebesh Font for 3D2D Textscreens

Hiya there, today while I was in the shower and thinking like I do, I thought "Why not make an addon that lets you use 3D2D Textscreens with the Aurebesh (Star Wars) font. I'd definitely make front page with that and I'd also finally reach the GMod Achievement "1000 Upvotes", so I sat down on my chair like I do and I went into the addons config file and found that most of the config was run off of server-side or client-side stuff, and I'm not any Lua Developer but I can see what it all sort of means, and this meant I couldn't package a font and make an addon unless the font was on the server or it was in your GMod folder.

So that's when it hit me, and I said "Why not just make it for IG?" and so, here it is, I made the Aurebesh font work ingame by editing a hook in the config and putting the Aurebesh font in my GMod Fonts folder, and now I've got a special font ingame, which can be seen in this screenshot.

Spoiler

11A1A4F8A09065BCE3F8EABB6C69990731BA3E54

That translates to "Bailey has a big head." incase anyone was wondering. However, now I know its possible, I think it would be cool to implement it into the server. The font is an easy download from https://www.dafont.com/aurebesh.font if anyone wants to use it in anything else, then you place the "Aurebesh" Font in the font files for the server or your client, then you just have to edit the 3D2D config and add this.

-- Aurebesh
addFont("Screens_Aurebesh outlined", {
	font = "Aurebesh",
	weight = 400,
	antialias = false,
	outline = true
})

addFont("Screens_Aurebesh", {
	font = "Aurebesh",
	weight = 400,
	antialias = false,
	outline = false
})

Overall I think this would add to the server's immersion and could be good to help with more Roleplay intensive builds rather than informative ones like Tarkin's Law Board etc.\

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Bailey
Changed Title
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Aphrodite said:

Looks pretty neat, would this replace the sign idea you were making for the DS?

I don't think so, the signs are just a way for us to do the levels on the DS a different and more custom way, this would just be good overall.

The signs are also done as well.

Edited by Bailey

@Bailey I will say this once and only once.  I want your babies.

Ill bring up/see if we can add auto download and integration for this.

Edited by Goliath

1 minute ago, Ridge said:

i cant read aurebesh tho

Ridge you can't read in general so it's fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Whitey said:

Ridge you can't read in general so it's fine.

Ridge RN:

37671821_10156072015163451_3644277281049804800_n.jpg.f186dab698a807e1e961ca0e4785ae21.jpg

Edited by Anthony
  • Upvote 2

Em this is a bit odd but could we hold a class to learn aurbesh how to pronounce, speak and change the ships texts to aurbesh because to me it makes more sense, like sure we can still speak normally but it's a good rp

Edited by Cryo

Aurebesh is also known as Basic. They speak like we do they just write differently... Only issue if you put a clearance sign and a new person runs through... How can you punish them?

I can only really see this being used by event masters, and having to learn to read another language to play star wars RP would be a stupid idea. Maybe we could have something similar to Bailey's Death Star sign project, where English is displayed as well as a smaller, aurabesh font if we were to implement it on the ship.

2 hours ago, Bevan said:

I can only really see this being used by event masters, and having to learn to read another language to play star wars RP would be a stupid idea. Maybe we could have something similar to Bailey's Death Star sign project, where English is displayed as well as a smaller, aurabesh font if we were to implement it on the ship.

That's the point aha. Because its an additional font, you can use both!