Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:91516932
Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/butcher232/

In Game Details
In Game Name: Butcher
In Game Rank: Private
In Game Regiment: Stormtroopers

Ban Details

da7cdc14d0b82b8c01f789d85505bf96.png

How long was the ban for: Indefinite (Permanent ban)

Which staff member banned you: [224-00] Rigsby (Whitey)

What date did the ban occur: Tuesday, October 2, 2018

What was the reason for the ban: ‘Attempting to Poach Members’

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned: I contacted a previous senior administrator/staff manager of a community which I am currently involved with if he would ever come back and chill on the server or discord for a bit to say hi, as him and I was quite close and he left abruptly, with no intent to quote-on-quote ‘poach’ a member of the community. I do understand that my hastily typed message - as I was in the middle of some medic RP - did come across as poaching and was interpreted in the wrong way, but I assure you that I had zero intent to poach a member out of my second home.

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance: I have been a member of Imperial Gaming for almost a year now (in fact in 2 days I would celebrate a year on IG), I have managed to maintain a clean record of absolutely no infractions. Which I believe, is sufficient evidence regarding the fact that I had no intention of breaking the rules, especially a perma-bannable offence. Members of Imperial Gaming, I had zero malicious intent and I candidly apologise for my actions. It started off as a bit of a meme and I had no way of foreseeing the current situation it has escalated to presently. I sincerely regret sending that private message.

Thank you for taking the time to read my ban appeal, I apologise if there are any grammatical or spelling errors.

Edited by Butcher232
Wrote '2019' instead of '2018'.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Hello there young man, I'm Bailey, the Major of the man you sent said messages to, and I have read the messages. these were not hastily typed, and not to be the kind of person to drop screenshots, but I feel like I must put them here for the world to see.

In said messages you say "Come back to FD." which we can only assume means FG, which is another server that does Imperial RP in Australia, this message can be seen HERE it is also obvious you messaged him to see how he was going, to make sure he was active so you didn't send the message to someone who was AFK. Now, that could be forgivable, it was in the heat of the moment AND you mistyped the abbreviation of the community.

However, this next message is the one that I think stings the most for me, and its the fact that you followed it up with another message, even after being told by my trooper, "Don't advertise, the admins read private messages my dude." and you replied, not with an apology, not with something that could redeem yourself, but rather with THISThis photo shows, you were looking to bring him back to your community, and obviously aren't looking to play Imperial Gaming longterm if you're trying to take him and presumably others with you.

Stay banned. My opinion isn't changing on this until you have lived out your ban for a while longer.

Ciao.

Edited by Bailey

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

these were not hastily typed

I must clarify, the first message was hastily typed "Come back to FD.", everything else was not hastily typed. As I stated in my appeal, it started off as a meme - which I do not believe is a viable excuse regarding the severity of the current situation. But I do not believe that a simple joke should warrant a permanent ban. Although, if Wombat is reading this and he didn't pick it up in our DM's. I do apologise mate. Again, my attempt was not malicious. Thanks for the response, Bailey.

Edited by Butcher232
  • Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, Butcher232 said:

I must clarify, the first message was hastily typed "Come back to FD.", everything else was not hastily typed. As I stated in my appeal, it started off as a meme - which I do not believe is a viable excuse regarding the severity of the current situation. But I do not believe that a simple joke should warrant a permanent ban. Although, if Wombat is reading this and he didn't pick it up in our DM's. I do apologise mate. Again, my attempt was not malicious. Thanks for the response, Bailey.

Mate, he's not the one who's angry at you, he didn't want punishment, he just wanted you to be told "Don't do that again." but the problem with it all is, there was malicious intent, you were scoping out whether or not Wombat would want to come back to FG and whether or not he'd return because he was a previous admin. There were no jokes about it, you've still got [FG] in your Steam name for Christ sake man, just take the ban, when you're really ready to come back to IG and commit to our server and this community as a whole, re-apply and we can see if my opinion has changed since then.

This is literally r/whoopsdidntmeanto in a nutshell also.

• Upvote 1

Why does having [FG] affect anything? And how many times do I have to repeat myself, I had no malicious intent in any way shape or form. I was asking him if he ever had any interest in joining back.

4 minutes ago, Butcher232 said:

I was asking him if he ever had any interest in joining back.

Joining back and coming back are very different things, I'm going to stop flooding this thread, but the point stands, you are with them, tried to see if he wanted to come back, not join back, coming back is you with them, him with us, and you trying to get him to come back from us to them. This is the last post I'm leaving on this thread, I'll let other staff voice their opinions on the matter and we can see where we go from here.

• Upvote 1

• Poaching members is a serious offence and is not taken lightly.
  • Your actions represented in the screenshots sent by Bailey show that you had malicious intent and appear to have no thought in them
  • Which means it can happen again.
  • I don't want you back on the server because of this. 

1 minute ago, Butcher232 said:

I had no malicious intent.

Though you were asking if a member of our community wanted to join yours again.

-1 Take this time to think of what you have done and reapply in the future. Poaching is a serious issue.