Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Planz

Every Event needs their Debrief?

Debriefs After Events

After events, there isn't a debrief occasionally.
I feel as if people during the event are working really hard and well to impress their commanders and also to represent their regiment well.

At the end of the event, everyone heads to debrief all excited to hear how it played out, and also keen to see if their hard work paid off and they get a regimental placing.
Some regiments do synchronised salutes and others line up really well and try and impress the other regiments with their discipline and impressive skills.

However, when the event finishes and it ends up with no debrief happening everyone is disappointed, you miss out on all the experiences I listed above.
It can be quite a letdown when it doesn't happen
A personal experience I have and my regiment has is when you think you went really well in that event and waiting to see whether you got that regimental placing, and there is no debrief or placings, We feel disappointed as if it is a missed opportunity, but when that same scenario happens and there is a debrief but we don't get placed. It is fine and everyone is like, oh we must have been close, and we did well that event guys, and everything is all good and fun.

I want to know your opinion or the matter of having no debriefs because I know there is a number of reasons for not having one. I think I heard something about if it isn't an organised attack, or we lose in RP we don't have one.
I think we should still have one regardless of the circumstance just to let everyone know what happened and how we can learn what we did wrong and improve (This is in RP).
However, I know having it every time could be annoying and hard work for the EM's

Anyway, I want to hear your opinions on the matter and look forward to discussing the pros and cons of having them every time after an event.
I basically want to know if anyone else thinks it is a good idea and worth the effort

Cheers, Planz
Have a Good One All! ;D

Edited by Planz
  • Upvote 1

Yes, after every event there should be a debrief, however, the only time I can think that there won't is when very little players are on. Say 0 -  30ish but keep in mind this is only for aggressive events, sometimes passive depending on how it runs.

As an Event Master is it their job to go through the entire event top to bottom with minimal hiccups, otherwise boss will yell at them... 

Edited by Peguin
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Peguin said:

Yes, after every event there should be a debrief, however, the only time I can think that there won't is when very little players are on. Say 0 -  30ish

I agree +1 for a debrief after every event for some more roleplay. :) unless there is under 25 people I wouldn't recommend a debrief.

+1

This should be a standard.

Experienced this just a couple of days ago with the test subjects gassing the ship event (which took FOREVER to get back into DEFCON V btw) All us Stormtroopers lined up waiting to get our money's worth for the long event and in the end no debrief was called. We were told by Darth Vader to piss off (not literally but basically). 

Was a real buzzkill and it really felt that nobody was recognised for the hard work they did.

Edited by SCHEFF
  • Upvote 2

There are debriefs after 99% of events, the only differences are that we sometimes do offmap ones, or in really bad situations comms ones.

The old rule for event’s was that offship event’s get a debriefing and on ship events normally don’t depending on the impact the event will have or how long it lasts. I like the idea of 25+ ppl and we have a debrief.

13 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

+1

This should be a standard.

Experienced this just a couple of days ago with the test subjects gassing the ship event (which took FOREVER to get back into DEFCON V btw) All us Stormtroopers lined up waiting to get our money's worth for the long event and in the end no debrief was called. We were told by Darth Vader to piss off (not literally but basically). 

Was a real buzzkill and it really felt that nobody was recognised for the hard work they did.

^^

Ill make sure to add a lot more debriefs to the end of all of my events. I didnt realise people wanted them, i thought they were loathed by everyone.

• Like 1

I think debriefs should only happen when we go offship and when we have a huge onship. If the event doesn't really affect the whole ship, it would be pointless to have a debrief