Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Channingw

Channingw's Junior Graphic Designer Application

Junior Graphic Designer Applications

If you want to help create content on imperial gaming this is your chance. You will need to show me that you are able to make content for the server so I'll be requesting that you show me your skills. Basically, your job entails you to do grunt work for me. This means making me custom backgrounds and icons for menus - very basic art skills are requested but you must still attempt to put as much effort into it as possible.

Application:

Name In-game: Channingw

Teamspeak Name: Channingw

Playtime on the server: 1 week, 23 hours

Do you own the Adobe suite (etc. you have - Photoshop, Illustrator) and which ones are they: No, I do not.

If you don't own the Adobe suite, what programs do you have (Don't say MS Paint you will be denied): Procreate on the iPad Pro

Do you prefer making digital art or do you prefer to do freeform? Freeform on a digital medium

Show me some work you have made previously otherwise make 2 icons that represent an Admin and another Icon representing a User. Icons must be 256 x 256 and in PNG form with a transparent background (Upload directly to the forums): 

I hand draw all my work on my iPad so it will definitely not be as clean as I'd like. Just throwing my hat in the ring since I recently picked up drawing as a hobby.

Icons:

Spoiler

User Icon:

0eDJWmw.png

Admin Icon:

HgW4bf6.png

Previous Work:

Spoiler

h75VesR.jpg

MZTFyUU.jpg

aBE2X7y.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DESIGNER TERMS:

If you are a Designer for Imperial Gaming any and all content you make that goes on our server is exclusive to Imperial Gaming. If you are caught re-distributing this content to our competitors you will be barred from designing for us and COMMUNITY BANNED as a result. Your Steam ID and profile will also be blasted on forums like Facepunch as a ‘Server Content Leaker’. So before sending something make sure you check with the Head of Development first. These terms are at the discretion of the Head of Development and is a blanket statement for redistribution of Imperial Gaming’s content.

Edited by Channingw
  • Upvote 3

+1
You are an amazing artist from the look of your previous work.
I don't think the icons will work because of the fact that they aren't symmetrical and perfect {Hand Drawn}, however you can design logo's, Backgrounds, Posters, and many more.
I Think you would do very well as a Graphic Designer.
Good Luck ;D

Edited by Planz
  • Like 1

-1 the icons you have provided as an example for your application look very "hand drawn" as the lines are quite sloppy and overall doesn't look very well defined. To me, these icons look like an example you would give to a client before doing the real thing.

• Angry 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, pinejack said:

-1 the icons you have provided as an example for your application look very "hand drawn" as the lines are quite sloppy and overall doesn't look very well defined. To me, these icons look like an example you would give to a client before doing the real thing.

As mentioned in my application, I drew the icons on my iPad, hence the "hand drawn" look as they were literally hand drawn. It is very hard to get precise lines on a 256x256 size but I do understand that hand drawing icons will come with the downside of not being clean compared to making icons on photoshop etc. I appreciate the feedback though.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Planz said:

+1
I don't think the icons will work because of the fact that they aren't symmetrical and perfect {Hand Drawn}, however you can design logo's, Backgrounds, Posters, and many more.
Good Luck ;D

+1, If you can just refine the icons similarly to the anime guy it'd be good, all the other artwork looks amazing :D

• Like 1

If you haven't noticed but this is Graphic Design... And I do understand you used an Ipad which is somewhat making a graphical design, but we are looking for clean and smooth icons not fairly messy hand drawn ones. There is definite potential from looking at your previous work but you need to improve definitely on the designs...

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1

For being drawn on an Ipad, those designs are amazing. I don't even know how to get straighter lines than those using a pencil, let along on an Ipad. I think that you would be an absolutely fabulous concept creator for the Graphic Design Team, making something from an idea in your head, and putting it into practice with the help of other graphic designers. Although not the most creative concepts, they are appealing and look very good.

Big +1

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

For being drawn on an Ipad, those designs are amazing. I don't even know how to get straighter lines than those using a pencil, let along on an Ipad. I think that you would be an absolutely fabulous concept creator for the Graphic Design Team, making something from an idea in your head, and putting it into practice with the help of other graphic designers. Although not the most creative concepts, they are appealing and look very good.

Big +1

Agreed, really nice dude. I like the rough look, it gives the logo character.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Big +1

^^^^^^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Planz said:

+1
Good Luck ;D

Good luck my mans 

33 minutes ago, Gregis said:

I honestly can't understand the -1's on this, anyway. Obviously a great amount of skill. +1

You don’t have to “understand” them, just accept that other people have their own opinion, don’t downvote them for it when it is perfectly valid.

4 hours ago, Planz said:

+1
Good Luck ;D

+1

Goodluck

-Rickle

• Like 1

Neutral, the past work is good but we don't need anyone who uses an iPad as their main resource on the graphic designer team.

4 hours ago, pinejack said:

Accepted for the Interview phase

Present these at your interview

1. Present The rest of your icon set
    1. Category Icon (Your own design of a dropdown menu icon)
    2. New User Icon
    3. New General Staff Icon
    4. New Managment Icon
    5. New Donator Icon
    6. AOS Menu Icon
    7. Pilot Licence Menu Icon
    8. Event Board Menu Icon
    9. Home Icon
  2. Template for a Forum Tag Icon
    1. Should be in photoshop file format so that it can be edited

Interviews will take place on Saturday / Sunday, give me a time when you are available on those days. Make sure you completed the above menu set so I can see a demonstration of your skills.

1. All Content must be in a zip file named Yourname_Interview and uploaded to Dropbox
    1. All PSD's must be in a Folder named PSDs
    2. All PNG's must be in a Folder named PNGs
  2. All Images must have a transparent background, no square images
  3. All Images must be of your own work
  4. All Images must be a unique design and must be basic and not cluttered

Example Icons:

preview.png

Message @Martibo as soon as possible to get your desired time slot.