Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOINGxHAM

Knowledge is power....

After my Attempt at a PAC application one of my complaints where that my pac examples aren’t very creative and I agree if I’m being honest I have very little knowledge when it comes to using PAC and I am willing to put time in to improve so I am asking to great community of the Imperial gaming server to help me out. 

Thanks for reading!

Hi,

so i don’t have pac on the server myself yet, but the way i got into it and learnt was YouTube, searching for particular things and grabbing inspiration off other people with pac currently on the server, what you want to do is look at a tutorial and use the same techniques and tools that they teach, but do it differently and with your unique twist on it. For instance if it shows you how to make a bionic arm or put a cape on your back, make a bionic leg or different modelled leg, and put the cape on your waist, or shoulder. Go wild with your imagination

I’ll be happy to help you out as well, just chuck me a message and I’ll try and teach you the basics and different tools, :D

Good Luck in PAC3 

Cheers, Planz

Edited by Planz

40 minutes ago, Planz said:

Hi,

so i don’t have pac on the server myself yet, but the way i got into it and learnt was YouTube, searching for particular things and grabbing inspiration off other people with pac currently on the server, what you want to do is look at a tutorial and use the same techniques and tools that they teach, but do it differently and with your unique twist on it. For instance if it shows you how to make a bionic arm or put a cape on your back, make a bionic leg or different modelled leg, and put the cape on your waist, or shoulder. Go wild with your imagination

I’ll be happy to help you out as well, just chuck me a message and I’ll try and teach you the basics and different tools, :D

Good Luck in PAC3 

Cheers, Planz

Thanks man helps alota lot

I was actually going to say the opposite... Not that I have PAC or that my app has been approved, so take the advice with a grain of salt, but I think people would rather see simple but effective PACs that haven't been done to death already.  People seem to be sick of seeing the same ol' droid leg, cape and chat hologram, so I'd avoid them like the plague.  You are demonstrating your ability to use PAC, so don't limit yourself to just doing PACs that work with your ingame character model! Pick a random model and use PAC to tell that model's story!  Maybe they've got some combat wear on an old piece of armour that they wear symbolically, maybe they carry some memento of a fallen comrade around their neck.  Tell a story without words!

@Tonberry True, but you can't just create these things out of nowhere, learning the old unoriginal stuff with your own twist is very helpful starting off, than you can start branching off to other ideas. Though you make a good point :D

Watch youtube videos on how to improve your pac knowledge (what I did), or ask emerald (pac god). :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Planz said:

@Tonberry True, but you can't just create these things out of nowhere, learning the old unoriginal stuff with your own twist is very helpful starting off, than you can start branching off to other ideas. Though you make a good point :D

I see what you're getting at, but I gotta respectfully disagree - it takes no more effort, you're taking the same steps creating a cape/hologram PAC as you take to add any other aesthetic enhancements.  The only part that's easier is coming up with the idea - and that's because it's not being came up with, it's being replicated!  These overdone PACs came out of nowhere once, just like every other PAC! Where else were they meant to come from?  

1 hour ago, GOINGxHAM said:

@TonberryYes that’s exactly what I would do what I was trying to say was that I need someone to help me understand PAC and all the epic things I can do with it

Try brainstorming the things you actually want to achieve with PAC, thinking about ways to tell the story of your character visually.  Once you know the look you are trying to achieve, you can look up the relevant tutorials for achieving that particular effect (for example, model group only displays when you are under a certain amount of health).  Actually making PACs is the best way to learn new techniques!

Instead of trying to understand ALL the epic things you can do, just try and understand one of those things at a time as you build confidence!  I think the very first thing you need to do is have a hard think about what you actually want to use PAC for - if you can't visualise your character with the PACs you want to make, then that's your first step

• Like 1

I’ve taken a few people through the basics of pac, and was going to do another little session soon. So send me a message next time we’re both in game together and we’ll try and jump on a single player server and get some practise in