• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cecil

Cecil's Advertising Team Application

What is your Steam name?: Ceto

What is your current in-game name?: Cecil

What is your current in-game rank?: Warrant Officer II

What is your current playtime on the server?: 6d 13h   (Will upload photo in the morning <3)

What is your current overall playtime on Garry's Mod?: 400 Hours

Do you have a microphone?: Indeed I do

Do you have any kicks, bans or warnings from anywhere on Imperial Gaming?: I have no kicks, bans or warnings from my time of the server, nor have I got any from any other server

Why do you believe you would be an asset to the team?: I believe I have an infectious positivity to my personality that could be beneficial to the long sessions that usually occur during media projects.  I also think that I am hardworking and dedicated to what I put my mind to, particularly what I'm passionate about. Film is included in my passions, therefore making it easier for me to apply these qualities.

I think I could also help contribute to the ideas side of the advertisement team. Besides my 'official' role of editor,  I consider myself to be quite a creative person and could help brainstorm the basis for the next project .

Just throwing it out there, I've done drama ATAR for the past 2 years so I'd be a fantastic actor during projects

Do you understand that as a member of the advertisement team, you may have to put in long hours into various projects?: I fully understand as mentioned in my previous comment. For the best content to be produced long hours are a requirement. The satisfaction of a good film/project completed is more than enough reward to compensate. 

How well do you work with others in a team?: As a Year 12, I'm a house captain. There are 6 of us that work as a team to run and organise activities for 350+ kids everyday. I'm fairly confident in my communication skills and find that I rarely clash with other people's personalities which I believe to be one of the major problems when working as a team. 
I'm perfectly okay with letting myself be led by the leader of a project and not being intrusive but if need be, I'm also comfortable with leading and expressing and contributing my own ideas if they are wanted. 

I've also done various volunteer work where as a team we have to construct a house. For this to work efficiently, everyone has to be fully aware and comfortable with their role in the project. I think this is relatable to a media team as there are various different roles where everyone contributes to the project in a different way. I'll be aware that my job is the editor and to not overstep my welcome into other areas.

How much time can you offer to the team in an average week?: 5-8

Is there anything else you would like to add?: The reason I'm applying for the advertisement team is I've felt at home during my time and the server and I wish to give back to the community and to get involved and integrated within it. I felt the advertisement team was the best option to achieve this goal besides the Moderator role. (Not experienced enough to apply :3) 

Spoiler

- EDITORS TEMPLATE -

What software do you use to edit?: Filmora

How much experience do you have with editing?: I used to do various highlight reels for smaller streamers within the Hearthstone/League of Legends community.
Besides that I did media from years 7-10 doing small bits of editing but stopped due to it not being a viable option in year 11/12.

What other software do you use to aid with editing?: Basic photo editing software.

Have you edited things in the past? If so, please link them here.:

Why do you want to become an editor?: Like previously stated, I'd like to give back to the community that has already given me so much. I heard whispers that the advertisement team needed editors and filmers and I thought my talents best applied to the editor role. Besides this, I find the process of editing quite relaxing and peaceful and a pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

Edited by Cecil

+1

You seem like a nice guy, I'd like to see you on the filming team :)

Edited by Helsing