Basil

Basils Trial event master Application

33 posts in this topic

Hi Basil,

I know you well on the server, and i do believe you meet the standards and have the proper traits required to become a member of the Imperial Gaming staff, in particular, an Event Master.

Great server playtime and dedication

Easily Approachable and friendly

Never minge or break server rules

Can act and engage in RP well and participates in events often

Now, to the part that matters the most, your events.

Event Idea 1:

- The idea is interesting, but i feel like the way you have detailed it doesn't quite get it across as you are hoping. I find myself getting a little confused and worried about certain parts of the event. You have civilians being spawned into the city to act like "normal troopers" and troopers being spawned into the city to act like "normal civilians". I can't see mention in your event outline, of what exactly the role of the "troopers" you spawn into the city will be? You talk about civilians being taken into a cave to be experimented on, but what happens to the troopers? Also, what happens to the Lackey's if they get found out before they are able to even kidnap the very first experiment subject? What is there to stop any stray troopers, or troopers on a patrol from dropping in on the scientist prematurely? I'd like to see you address all possible scenario's or blockages you might come across, because as an EM, your events will almost never go exactly to plan, so you always need to have contingency plans up your sleeve to keep the event from hitting a wall and coming to a complete halt, thus ruining the experience for everyone.

Event Idea 2:

I like the idea of this event, but as similar events have been attempted, an event like this tends to be incredibly tricky. How do you intend to give these undercover rebels their orders? Or if they are simply placed into the regiments, how are these regiments not going to notice new troopers turning up out of nowhere? In the current stage of this event, although it still being a good event idea, it seems to be quite basic and at risk of going sour too easily. 

In the current state of your application, i'm going to sit on a NEUTRAL until i see some more detail in the event ideas.

Good Luck!

5 hours ago, Helsing said:

Hi Basil,

I know you well on the server, and i do believe you meet the standards and have the proper traits required to become a member of the Imperial Gaming staff, in particular, an Event Master.

Great server playtime and dedication

Easily Approachable and friendly

Never minge or break server rules

Can act and engage in RP well and participates in events often

Now, to the part that matters the most, your events.

Event Idea 1:

- The idea is interesting, but i feel like the way you have detailed it doesn't quite get it across as you are hoping. I find myself getting a little confused and worried about certain parts of the event. You have civilians being spawned into the city to act like "normal troopers" and troopers being spawned into the city to act like "normal civilians". I can't see mention in your event outline, of what exactly the role of the "troopers" you spawn into the city will be? You talk about civilians being taken into a cave to be experimented on, but what happens to the troopers? Also, what happens to the Lackey's if they get found out before they are able to even kidnap the very first experiment subject? What is there to stop any stray troopers, or troopers on a patrol from dropping in on the scientist prematurely? I'd like to see you address all possible scenario's or blockages you might come across, because as an EM, your events will almost never go exactly to plan, so you always need to have contingency plans up your sleeve to keep the event from hitting a wall and coming to a complete halt, thus ruining the experience for everyone.

Event Idea 2:

I like the idea of this event, but as similar events have been attempted, an event like this tends to be incredibly tricky. How do you intend to give these undercover rebels their orders? Or if they are simply placed into the regiments, how are these regiments not going to notice new troopers turning up out of nowhere? In the current stage of this event, although it still being a good event idea, it seems to be quite basic and at risk of going sour too easily. 

In the current state of your application, i'm going to sit on a NEUTRAL until i see some more detail in the event ideas.

Good Luck!

Thanks @Helsing for commenting on my application,  but most of all  thank you pointing out these flaws in my application that weren't immediately obvious to me when i first wrote my event ideas, Such as the civi's role playing as troopers & vice versa. That was a mistake on my part, I will make sure to update my applications and attempt to cover all possible scenarios in some form or another as what you say strikes true. 

(PS. Thanks to all who have commented previously on my application as well, it means a lot to me)

Edited by StaunchBasil
  • Upvote 1

UPDATE

I have expanded upon & (hopefully) fixed the issues in my application.

Edited by StaunchBasil

On 7/3/2018 at 2:14 PM, Peguin said:

+1. Friendly guy, participates in events and listens to what people say. However, your application needs a lot more work. Add significantly more detail to your events.

+1

I am changing to a +1, over the past several weeks I have begun to see Basil more and more often and I think he would make a good EM :)