Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperiorJacob

Superior Jacobs Developer Application

Name In-game: Nighttime

Teamspeak Name: Virshan / Nighttime

Playtime on the server: 22hrs + (and previous hours when I played on the server over a year ago)

Programming languages you know: LUA, GLUA, A bit of: C++, Unreal Engine 4 / Unity Scripting and HTML.

Why do you want to become a Low Grade Dev?
To be honest, I actually don't want to be a Low Grade Dev, I wan't to aim higher.
Currently, I am bored with my current job(s) and wish to make another impact on another community again.
I have been here previously, about a year ago, as a Senior Developer for the DarkRP and slight Starwars.

I have been developing for over three years on Garry's Mod and have been working for various servers who decide to hire/accept me, I have worked on Poseidon, CG, IG, and many other non-australian servers.

Have you made any other scripts or content I should know about?
I was the owner / creator of School Shooter Simulator on Poseidon.
I created hogwarts for poseidon.
I have created tons of scripts of CG including, car dealers, player managements, gamemode edits, custom additions, timers, zones, looting etc.
I am also currently in the Gmodstore Competition and this is what I have so far (character creation):

FBA11F3C167975D32820563CA6CEC322407090EC

E2E44FD274561F2030C88B50B89C771DC14419A9

Then I had previous creators:

1851EA37FA443F9477852D0215703E541FD920F1

Created a wild west gamemode that I decided to scratch and make the Character Creator:
D1A3F00B437DE91F980D96CC9472D563E5D432C2

If you want to go beyond, to like a year or two ago:
8EDDA154B49CD4412ABE1626F37344164CFE9F85
Door editing swep I made for my DarkRP..

Custom Murder:
2007695321BF0DB4D4D295BFEC9F5BE9897B7AFB

Custom Skill Tree along with it:
5276213CEFF7052E5E08CF8B95A6A936CE2BE202

3D Screens:
98D4F0E83EB8953B1A08E0C641985AA58AE21B88

And finally, you can look at my workshop.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/AwesomeJacob/myworkshopfiles/

I enjoy developing for others and working in a team; although I may sometimes criticize people, and maybe go over the top, I always manage to help some way or another; I work for many communities, but when I get bored, I search for more, and now im back here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Would be a great dev. I’m aware Wolf doesn’t need anymore but definetely accept this Application when help is needed. +1

From the Posts you've made and your first impression made in game you have come across as really hostile and toxic, I will leave it as a Neutral for now.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kumo said:

From the Posts you've made and your first impression made in game you have come across as really hostile and toxic, ...

I agree with Kumo here, though you have shown some cool creations, but due to your recent activity and actions and to the fact that you are still new to this community I don’t believe you should be recruited into the development team.

Edited by Morgan

From recent activities, you have shown that you are rude, inconsiderate and toxic.

You have less than a day on the server in recent times. This means that you are not that well known and are not trusted by all members of the community.

You were the senior developer on DarkRP which means one of two things:

1) You shut down the server for three weeks for changes will little to no updates to the player base, leading to its death OR

2) You were demoted for claiming others code as your own.

All of these factors combined are the reason that I -1ed you.

I'm agreeing with Goliath on this one.

Edited by Emerald

Your First Impression Is A Bit Strong, But i can see where you are coming from with the recent post, Im going to leave you at a Neutral

6 hours ago, Kumo said:

From the Posts you've made and your first impression made in game you have come across as really hostile and toxic, I will leave it as a Neutral for now.

From recent activities, you have shown that you are rude, inconsiderate and toxic.

You have less than a day on the server in recent times. This means that you are not that well known and are not trusted by all members of the community.

1) You shut down the server for three weeks for changes will little to no updates to the player base, leading to its death OR

16 minutes ago, Goliath said:

I completely agree with what Goliath has said here. When I was staff on the DarkRP server my experiences were quite bad with you being self-entitled and even toxic to some members of that community, which I can see has gotten worse over time. If you really want to become a part of a community without just making a server and leaving it at that, you have to actually try to fit in and not just expect everyone to accept you because you can develop servers. -1

Toxic... that was 1-2 years ago, the managers told me what to do, I had no say when the server was on and off. I edited code then claimed it as my own, that was around when I thought I was a good developer, but now I have been ensured by others I am.

But I can see why some people don't like me, and I am sorry, like really sorry, but ingame I have been seriously roleplaying for all my hours.

Also I have changed, changed alot... so sorry, seriously again, if I have hurt or flamed anyone in the past or present.

(that resent post seriously wasnt meant to anger you guys, I just wanted to help and also understand stuff I could not clarify)

ill just leave the decision to you guys,  but I am sorry, even if you dont accept my apology.

Edited by SuperiorJacob

Neutral

"Impressive. Most impressive."

Regardless, your 'first' impressions at least to me have been a tad hostile but I don't know you well enough to consider your history or your character in this vote. If I get to see you around more and see of who you are, I will consider changing this vote.

I don't usually vote 'Neutral' on applications, but I'm giving this a chance because of how much work you have done and how I think you could contribute to this server.

5 hours ago, Goliath said:

Agreed

+1 I understand where everyone may be coming from with their first impressions on your attitude, though I personally do know you and you have made many scripts for myself in which work very well and are difficult to create. Though I do believe that you could gain a higher play time before applying. From past experience with Superior Jacob, I believe that he could definitely impact this community.

Although the scripts are decent, as others have said, you're a bit of a toxic and rude person.. Apart from that (And I know this sounds quite biased) 15 seems a bit young to be trusted which this much power on such a big server. If IG was a small server with say an average of 15-30 players then i'd say maybe but, I have seen too many young people on past servers given way too much power, ending in them either abusing or destroying features and/or the playerbase. (This isn't to say you would do anything to harm or effect the server in a negative way, i'm simply placing you in the age group) 

Apart from all that, assuming that the age was not an issue for IG management, I personally don't think you should be trusted due to these reasons:

• Your attitude on the server is not the best, I would really work to improve that.
  • Your in-game time is very low for such a high rank. (I know you played over a year ago but that doesn't help the newer staff/players trust you.)
  • Multiple staff members from the DarkRP seem to remember you as self-entitled and toxic towards members of the community (I assume this means users which is not a good thing for a staff member of such a high rank, or any rank)

I understand that you may feel like your experience in developing servers makes up for your past behavior and/or actions in or around the community but as Pinejack said, it really doesn't. You need to work on improving your image around the server before you will be trusted enough by players and/or staff in my opinion. This is the best Star Wars RP server around at the moment so you have to know that the management team need to be very careful on who to choose as a developer as that could change very quickly. Again, i'm not saying you would do anything to harm or effect the server negatively but you do have to see it from the management team's point of view. Your reputation on the server at the moment is not the best so they may see you as someone who is not going to take the development of the server very seriously.

However, you do have plenty of experience and staff seem to remember you from DarkRP (although not in the best way) but atleast they remember you in some way to recognize that you did atleast some work for the server.

P.S - I like the look of some of the scripts you've provided, keep up the good work no matter the outcome of the application. Also, sorry for writing an essay here but I just want to make sure that the server thrives and I feel as though my opinion is needed here as I have personally seen your attitude in-game and it did kind of throw me off when I saw your application here.

Send me a poke on teamspeak when you're online for an interview.

Locked until further notice.