Sign in to follow this  
SuperiorJacob

Some bugs in the system (this is mainly for developers of the server)

14 posts in this topic

Firstly 'dancing'; Dancing on the Starwars is determined as literally breaking all rules, if you dance during a sit, you most likely will be banned, if you dance at ANY time, you will be AOS or in alot of trouble.

Now if you REALLY do not want dancing, please disable it... its only one line, even an idiot can solve this..
http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/GM/PlayerShouldTaunt

Recruit room 'Imperial RP' logo, it is a nice logo, its in a nice place, but it absolutely triggered me when I went around the side and found out it wasn't double sided...
Like seriously, just spawn another one behind it, so it doesn't look like magical floating text.

Lastly, for now, Cloaking. I assume you have some sort of bind for noclipping and cloaking yourself, I am most likely correct. If you have intentionally want it so a player can see the shadow and outline of the cloaking admin, then okay then, don't read fourth; use entity:SetNoDraw( true ) on a client instead of this ugly invisibility, and entity:DrawShadow( false ).

Also, on the same topic as cloaking, Shadow Troopers are severely disabled during almost any event due to the fact Cloaking is too op and we have specific rules disallowing us to use the cloak swep for any reason unless instructed by extreme higher ups, do me a favor and go into the SWEP file and just change the cloak amount and make it so the weapon is opaque instead of completely nonexistent so we can finally have purpose in our role when told otherwise.

Anyway, this isn't really a hate or a type of aggression towards the developers, but if you are going to do something, make it nice, or at least listen to the community and fix things.
Sorry if you feel harmed, this text is meant for the improvement of a players role play!

Thanks for reading.

• Angry 1
  • Upvote 5

Its not that the dev's don't know how to do this its that its never been brought up or been an important issue, everything you have mentioned is workshop content btw, not to do with IG.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

You should just apply for dev, you seem to know your stuff. 

10 minutes ago, Kumo said:

-snip-

To properly mount an addon on a server you must extract the workshop addon and put it on the server, most smart and major servers do this, so it allows them to edit the files. Workshop content is supposed to edited to work around the community :)

Also Ramirez, I talked to wolf once, he said he doesn't need any more developer which confused me.

7 minutes ago, SuperiorJacob said:

To properly mount an addon on a server you must extract the workshop addon and put it on the server, most smart and major servers do this, so it allows them to edit the files. Workshop content is supposed to edited to work around the community :)

And it is rarely edited. Not trying to start shit Im just stating fax.

13 minutes ago, Kumo said:

And it is rarely edited. Not trying to start shit Im just stating fax.

Same, but all the servers I work for ask me to and edit them themselves :~

Also its incredibly easy to edit ;~

Edited by SuperiorJacob

-snip-

To me at least, this message, dispite what you say in the end, is very hostile. We are all volunteers here, and want to help the community and receive nothing (except cool physguns) in return. This kind of accusatory and downright rude language just makes me feel bad about helping the community. I would strongly advise that, in future, you consider making suggestions in a non accusatory manner. It just devalues the work of all those who have contributed.

Edited by Goliath
Snippy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

-snip-

To me at least, this message, dispite what you say in the end, is very hostile. We are all volunteers here, and want to help the community and receive nothing (except cool physguns) in return. This kind of accusatory and downright rude language just makes me feel bad about helping the community. I would strongly advise that, in future, you consider making suggestions in a non accusatory manner. It just devalues the work of all those who have contributed.

I tried to be nice, but I am just pointing out errors.. sorry :|

I am also here to help, I am also a volunteer, but I was told directly by Wolf, they he didn't need anymore advanced developers as he has enough.
I didn't mean to hurt you, just I am trying my hardest to help, and I am really sorry that the way I said it hurt you, I just want to
criticize you in the nicest way I can form but also help you out... and yes, when I criticize people I can be hurtful, but in all honestly I don't mean it, my intention is to make you improve the way the server needs it.

Anyway, sorry again, seriously.

P.S. "Now if you REALLY do not want dancing, please disable it... its only one line, even an idiot can solve this.. "
I went too far with the last part, I am sorry :|

Edited by SuperiorJacob

6 hours ago, SuperiorJacob said:

Firstly 'dancing'

Dancing is not a problem at all if you have been with the community for a while then you should know we goto offship maps and we have a civ job that could use that/those commands to add new RP.

Recruit room 'Imperial RP' logo

Adding it to the otherside?...... Why the other side is just a wall with formations and it helps so recruits  dont see the sign when doing formations and faces

Lastly, for now, Cloaking

This is a problem with PAC3 since all staff have pac we tend to use it and when we cloak it sometimes outlines us

hadow Troopers are severely disabled during almost any event due to the fact Cloaking is too op

This is a problem to bring up with IHC, as they are incharge of regiments im sure they can help you out @Stevo. @Carnifex @addamcor 

Edited by ANiX
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ANiX said:

Dancing is not a problem at all if you have been with the community for a while then you should know we goto offship maps and we have a civ job that could use that/those commands to add new RP.

Adding it to the otherside?...... Why the other side is just a wall with formations and it helps so recruits  dont see the sign when doing formations and faces

This is a problem with PAC3 since all staff have pac we tend to use it and when we cloak it sometimes outlines us

This is a problem to bring up with IHC, as they are incharge of regiments im sure they can help you out @Stevo. @Carnifex @addamcor 

Thank you so much for clarifying that, they were issues that some people / I did not understand. Thank you! And sorry if I flamed people on unfair terms, sorry...

12 hours ago, ANiX said:

ANiX, have you guys ever thought of having where you can get someones name and print it with your text; like:
*player looks at jimmy*
types: Hey ***name***!
and it replaces ***name*** with the person hes looking at aka Jimmy.

It would be really handy, thats all.

1 minute ago, SuperiorJacob said:

NiX, have you guys ever thought of having where you can get someones name and print it with your text; like:
*player looks at jimmy*
types: Hey ***name***!
and it replaces ***name*** with the person hes looking at aka Jimmy.

It would be really handy, thats all.

Hey man, Im Not A Dev Nor Management Team you would have to talk to them about adding stuff.

Here Are The People To Contact About This, Goto Frank Or Whitey First with your idea and they will pass it onto Martibo.

On 6/26/2018 at 2:32 AM, ANiX said:

Fuck me, I use the forums on my account for the first time in like 5 days and this is the first thing at hits my lap.

In answer to your thingy @Superior Jacob you just need to comms in for permission from the Generals when you want to cloak and you are usually granted. Can't do it whenever you want, otherwise you'll get pinned for it.

It's not that we're idiots we just don't see the point in having to disable taunts. Like someone said we have event jobs, civ jobs and personally I don't see the point in disabling "act dance" because one or two people dance in the mess hall. It instills discipline on our server giving our players a sense of freedom but enforcing rules that we have in place.

Admin outlines have something to do with PAC 3 and their scuffed rendering doesn't happen all the time usually just required someone to cloak and uncloak again. It's not at the top of my list for things to do at it probably never will be.

The IG logo in the recruit room has nothing to do with development of the server, its part of the addons rendering so it doesn't double render when placed on a surface.

We are also looking for developers and I've accepted you application for an interview, I suggest you change your tone in the interview.

• Upvote 3