L.B.

Proven's Ban Appeal.

23 posts in this topic

Evening All.

For those who don't know me, my name's Proven.

Before you roll your eyes in disgust, I would genuinely appreciate it if you would first read what I have to say:

First, I'll be talking about the Course of Events that lead me to where I currently stand, and will be going into adequate depth as to why I am here today.

It all started many months ago, in early March of 2017.

As a relatively-new player to Garry's Mod, I was soon to discover Star Wars RP. Like many others, my journey as a Member of the Imperial Gaming Community was quite the Bumpy Road. Having not properly matured, I managed to accumulate over 28 Warnings, to which I became susceptible for my notorious reputation as being a "Minge".

My journey was a complicated one. Unlike others, I wasn't banned after the first few warnings, and there was a reason for this. To my knowledge, I was a valued member of the Community, regardless of my status. I made daily commitments in an attempt to improve people's experiences whilst playing the game. As far as I'm concerned, almost all of my faults during my journey were without specific intent to harm those around me. I did what I did for the personal gain of my friends, and myself, which is something I am not proud of. Fortunately, I have now come to realise that actions have consequences. Nonetheless, actions can also be Redeemed, and that is the very reason as to why I am here today, writing this post.

I won't make any excuses. I am taking full responsibility for the person I was, but I hope to shed a little light on the changes I have been successful in making in my career as a SWRP Roleplayer.

The switch to the EG Community was more than a change, but a chance for a Fresh Start. I immediately took this opportunity, and slowly begun the slow, tedious ride of saving that Reputation I feared for so long.

Prior to the switch to Clone Wars, I was able to reach the Rank of Master Instructor of the Shadow Guards. I was deemed as one of the Best Duelists on the server, and this was an achievement I held close to my heart.

After the Switch, I was offered a position in the Republic Commandos, as Caboose's Right Hand. I took this opportunity, and stuck with him for a great many weeks.

I know what some of you are thinking. You'd be surprised how many people are out there who say one thing, and do another, and I don't blame you.

To preface this, I'd first like to mention the fact that I was nominated the Best Trooper on the ship as a result of a voting system on the Forums.

Every player voted, and I managed to secure the reputation I no longer feared, but held on to closely. I was also able to reach the rank of CT Commander, which was agreeably an incredibly large and stressful role, as I was moulding the future of the Server at the time.

If you're looking for more Evidence, I personally encourage you to ask any member of the Empire Gaming Community to verify this.

c3l4WiP.jpg

In conclusion, I would like to emphasise the fact that I am not here from a position of weakness, but from a position of strength.

I was a truly valued member of the Empire Gaming Community, and after the experiences, memories and friends I have made, I am certain that I have what it takes to cleanse that dreaded reputation, and bring a loving, passionate member to your Community once more.

Thank you Very Much for taking the time to read this, and I hope you have a wonderful Evening.

Kindest Regards,

Proven

I accept that my Forum Post is eligible for Public Dictation, and will gladly comply with all and any terms necessary.

Your Efforts are Most Appreciated.

Steam Details:

Steam Name: Proven

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:178955391

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Proven01/

In Game Details:

In Game Name: Proven

In Game Rank: Private

In Game Regiment: Storm Trooper Corps

20180622170455_1.thumb.jpg.22d781da388d44c4a3750ddea2bcfaa1.jpg

Ban Details:

How long was the ban for: Permanent.

Which staff member banned you: Carnifex

What date did the ban occur: 6/04/2018 (Approximately)

What was the reason for the ban: Reaching the Maximum Amount of Official Warnings.

Edited by L.B.
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 5

@Whitey

Requesting to have this Post moved to the Ban Appeal Section.

Apologies, I was unable to find it.

First of all, what does being a member of EG or how you act in that community have anything to do with a ban appeal on this one?

I can agree that you have not been a minge over there but in your time on IG, you got so many warns to warrant a permanent ban, which is not an easy thing to do. I am not going to give a +1 or a -1 yet but I will at a later stage.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

57 minutes ago, pinejack said:

First of all, what does being a member of EG or how you act in that community have anything to do with a ban appeal on this one?

It's an example of my History as a player and demonstrates the fact that I am capable of behaving well, thus why I have decided to appeal in the first place.

I understand that my Permanent Ban was completely justified, however I am requesting one final chance to prove myself worthy of being a valued member of the Imperial Gaming Community.

I have high aspirations and hope to achieve them.

Edited by L.B.

7 hours ago, pinejack said:

I can agree that you have not been a minge over there but in your time on IG, you got so many warns to warrant a permanent ban, which is not an easy thing to do.

you were warned over 10+ times and half of those were for not listening to staff during sits. I don't believe you deserve another chance after being permanently banned

Edited by zaspan
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Zharos said:

Please Remember Ban Appeals Are For Staff To Reply To, Thanks :)

• Upvote 1

You had 30+  warnings on the server......(It was probably close to 40 warnings by the time that final permaban was given to you)

There is no way you should ever be back on this server or any IG server.

Edited by Cody
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, zaspan said:

you were warned over 10+ times and half of those were for not listening to staff during sits. I don't believe you deserve another chance after being permanently banned

59 minutes ago, Cody said:

You had 30+  warnings on the server......(It was probably close to 40 warnings by the time that final permaban was given to you)

With all due respect, you appear to be missing the point. I am completely aware of the quantity and frequency of my warns, and I, along with the entire EG Community know that I am both capable and deserving of a second chance. I only hope to be given one more so that I can show you exactly what I am capable of as a Player.

I am prepared to offer an arrangement. I will gracefully retain a non-negotiable Permanent Ban without a single word said if I am unsuccessful in proving my significant increase of behaviour. If I am given so much as one Warning, I will happily walk myself out of the door myself. No conditions.

If you truly believe that I am incapable and unfit of completing this, by all means, give me one last chance, and I will do everything in my power to remind you that I can be a valuable asset of the Community.

After all, you realistically have nothing to lose, and have a heck of a lot to gain if you are willing to find it in the goodness of your hearts to give me one, final chance at redemption.

As cody said you had up to 40 warns and in my opinion thats 40 chances you never learnt your lesson then and i doubt you've learnt your lesson now

• Thinking 1

26 minutes ago, Vexer said:

As cody said you had up to 40 warns and in my opinion thats 40 chances you never learnt your lesson then and i doubt you've learnt your lesson now

Sadly, I've had to repeat myself several times.

I am aware of my previous history. If you're not willing to give me one final chance despite my promise to leave if I get another warning, then I guess words can't change that.

Of course I'd love to prove to you all that I have changed, you're clearly not allowing me to do so.

As far as I'm concerned, you may have given me 28 chances, but you're not willing to take one small risk to see the truth.

There's nothing more for me to say at this point.

Put yourself in my shoes.

Thank you for your feedback.

Edited by L.B.

On 6/23/2018 at 2:26 AM, L.B. said:

I am prepared to offer an arrangement. I will gracefully retain a non-negotiable Permanent Ban without a single word said if I am unsuccessful in proving my significant increase of behaviour. If I am given so much as one Warning, I will happily walk myself out of the door myself. No conditions.

+1

I believe you should be given one final chance to redeem yourself even though you have clearly been given more than enough in the past however if you truly have changed then i'm sure Imperial Gaming can benefit from having another serious roleplayer improving the experience for those around them.

Best of luck - Iris

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Denzham said:

+1

I believe you should be given one final chance to redeem yourself even though you have clearly been given more than enough in the past however if you truly have changed then i'm sure Imperial Gaming can benefit from having another serious roleplayer improving the experience for those around them.

Best of luck - Iris

Agreed +1 

Upon further consideration I of what I said previously which I have linked below this. You had nearly 40 official warnings on record. I didn't even think about the amount of verbal and not recorded warnings you would have until i read one of the other points above by someone else.. Probably would have taken it near 50 (maybe even 60 who knows). However, they are unrecorded and not official. However still That's a lot of wrong doing repetitively over and over again without change and a shit tone of warnings...There are a lot of things that constitute a perma ban and getting nearly 50 warnings. That's got to be a reason. Saying that you've changed in my opinion does not forgive you for the months of suffering that the community has endured as a result of your miss behaviours over and over again as evident by the warnings. 

You can change all you want but there are consequences for actions and its time that you realised that. You should not be allowed back on the server.

On 6/23/2018 at 3:20 AM, Cody said:

There is no way you should ever be back on this server or any IG server.

On 7/1/2018 at 5:47 AM, Cody said:

Upon further consideration I of what I said previously which I have linked below this. You had nearly 40 official warnings on record. I didn't even think about the amount of verbal and not recorded warnings you would have until i read one of the other points above by someone else.. Probably would have taken it near 50 (maybe even 60 who knows). However, they are unrecorded and not official. However still That's a lot of wrong doing repetitively over and over again without change and a shit tone of warnings...There are a lot of things that constitute a perma ban and getting nearly 50 warnings. That's got to be a reason. Saying that you've changed in my opinion does not forgive you for the months of suffering that the community has endured as a result of your miss behaviours over and over again as evident by the warnings. 

You can change all you want but there are consequences for actions and its time that you realised that. You should not be allowed back on the server.

You're kind of taking it out of proportion my guy.

I don't believe the server had to "Endure" or "Suffer" at all. I'll admit it, I fucked up, and I'm not forcing you to give me another chance.

This is the second time you have overlooked the point I have been trying to make, by bringing up the quantity of my warnings, and ignoring the fact that I have evidently changed in my behaviour, and that I could be of benefit to the Community.

Obviously there's no changing your mind though, you seem set in your ways.

• Sad 1

+1 for an unban, however, you are to recieve a 1 strike policy. You cause any trouble whatsoever, you wont be back.

• Upvote 1

Proven, I've run into you many times during your time on IG, if you were to come back it would have to be that last chance cause i know all your warnings and i know you, i think people can change i believe in you.

+1 for unban, on the bases that you remain on a 1 strike system meaning that you will be banned now matter what warning you receive.

Well, Mr. Proven... I am quite intrigued that you have decided to change your behaviour now after you were given so many warnings but yet you kept going, time and time again you said I'm so sorry and that you wouldn't get any more warnings ever again. I can't even count the number of times u were given chances, but yet the number kept rising...

You and some others make a valid point you haven't been apart of our community for a while now and supposedly your behavior has changed which I am truly happy for you. Although you made your choices and decided to push the boundaries within our communities punishment system why should we go hey okay let's forget about the tens of chances we gave you to change and fix your behavior.

We were so lenient that you managed to gain a lot of physical warnings. Something we also don't  take track of  is all the verbal warnings given as well as the final deal I gave you prior to you being perm banned If you didn't break this final chance you wouldn't have been perm banned I asked carnifex to do it after I was informed you had been in trouble and ultamately warned for that issue therefore you broke the deal I gave you, You were then banned by Carnifex on my behalf because at the time it was late in the night and I wasn't at my computer. So for those people who are saying "give him a final chance unban him and put him on the strike system" Sadly he was already given this strike system and he still failed to change you may then say but its been 4 months?... Does it matter how long its been he was given this ultimatum and he decided to break more rules resulting in this punishment.

You also make a point where because you have behaved on another community that you should be allowed back into ours I might remind you on what community we are talking about "EG" where majority of its population wasn't of the best standard.

As for your warns I believe as of me offering you your final chance (Strike System) you had 29 and once you got warned for the final time prior to being banned you had a total of 30 warnings. 30 chances for you to change + all the verbal warns and finally My final chance for you I think everyone can agree that you were clearly not fitting in this community and I find it sad how you still struggle to understand how much you actually did bother the community..

Many of the people who are commenting on this post either haven't dealt with you in the past. And majority of the rest that have are wanting you to go back onto the strike system I previously already gave you which you decided to break.

In My opinion regardless if you have changed now It's too late you did your damage and you had more than enough fair chances to improve your behaviour and sadly this is a concequence that you have for your bad behaviour

Sincerely, Imposing

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 7/6/2018 at 5:57 PM, Imposing said:

Well, Mr. Proven... I am quite intrigued that you have decided to change your behaviour now after you were given so many warnings but yet you kept going, time and time again you said I'm so sorry and that you wouldn't get any more warnings ever again. I can't even count the number of times u were given chances, but yet the number kept rising...

You and some others make a valid point you haven't been apart of our community for a while now and supposedly your behavior has changed which I am truly happy for you. Although you made your choices and decided to push the boundaries within our communities punishment system why should we go hey okay let's forget about the tens of chances we gave you to change and fix your behavior.

We were so lenient that you managed to gain a lot of physical warnings. Something we also don't  take track of  is all the verbal warnings given as well as the final deal I gave you prior to you being perm banned If you didn't break this final chance you wouldn't have been perm banned I asked carnifex to do it after I was informed you had been in trouble and ultamately warned for that issue therefore you broke the deal I gave you, You were then banned by Carnifex on my behalf because at the time it was late in the night and I wasn't at my computer. So for those people who are saying "give him a final chance unban him and put him on the strike system" Sadly he was already given this strike system and he still failed to change you may then say but its been 4 months?... Does it matter how long its been he was given this ultimatum and he decided to break more rules resulting in this punishment.

You also make a point where because you have behaved on another community that you should be allowed back into ours I might remind you on what community we are talking about "EG" where majority of its population wasn't of the best standard.

As for your warns I believe as of me offering you your final chance (Strike System) you had 29 and once you got warned for the final time prior to being banned you had a total of 30 warnings. 30 chances for you to change + all the verbal warns and finally My final chance for you I think everyone can agree that you were clearly not fitting in this community and I find it sad how you still struggle to understand how much you actually did bother the community..

Many of the people who are commenting on this post either haven't dealt with you in the past. And majority of the rest that have are wanting you to go back onto the strike system I previously already gave you which you decided to break.

In My opinion regardless if you have changed now It's too late you did your damage and you had more than enough fair chances to improve your behaviour and sadly this is a concequence that you have for your bad behaviour

Sincerely, Imposing

Obviously there isn't anything else for me to do at this point. I've made my argument, and your dictation is almost entirely correct, except for one, small detail.

You mentioned that my presence bothered the Community. If this was the case, then why was I given so many chances before a Permanent Ban was issued? I'd like to think the answer is because I used to be.. a valued member of the community.

I'd also like to add that upon being told that I was on my last chance, the final warn was for putting on a lengthy video on the TV. Before this, I was putting in every effort I could muster in order to improve, but that last, stupid decision ended my journey as a member of the Community.

It's quite clear where you all stand, which is clearly not with me.

I'm disappointed to see your answer, however you seem set in your mind, and I really don't blame you.

I wish you and your Community all the best, and I thank you for your feedback.

Sincerely,

Proven

+1

It seems like you want to attempt at a good experience on our servers, and it also looks like you have changed from the last time I have seen you.

7 hours ago, L.B. said:

snip

You were a member of our community regardless if you were liked or not by people. We try and give everyone a fair shot, you in particular kept promising to change therefore we gave you your fair amount shots to change. I personally didnt have that many problems with you as a person just more or less your behaviour within our community was the troublesome part of you

Unbanned - But you will be on an infinite good behaviour period where if you are warned once you will be community banned and have no ability to apply for 2 years.