Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Menendez

Cloaking Rules

with the rule of cloaking is it possible to tie the rules to the defcon for example

defcon 4 and above - Must ask permission

defcon 3 and below- At Commanders Discretion

i feel that this would help as we dont have to wait for comms if we are in combat, if this cannot happen could i recieve explanation for the current rules

-Lieutenant Colonel Menendez

• Upvote 3

Seeing as I just got into shadow this would be great to know. Cloaking is a very useful tool but the rules surrounding it are a bit "dark" (pun intended hehe).

The rule has always been never use it on ship unless in a training exercise or when given permission by command (MJRGEN+) and when given permission during Events. I don’t see why this needs to change.

1 minute ago, pinejack said:

The rule has always been never use it on ship unless in a training exercise or when given permission by command (MJRGEN+) and when given permission during Events. I don’t see why this needs to change.

The rule is apparently also if you are in an active combat situation you are allowed to use it if appropriate - just spoke to an admin about it. 

2 minutes ago, pinejack said:

Agreed, I don't see why the rules need to change, The current rules are alright.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Emerald said:

Agreed, I don't see why the rules need to change, The current rules are alright.

It's the main perk of being in shadow troopers and we barely get to use it...

3 minutes ago, Farr said:

It's the main perk of being in shadow troopers and we barely get to use it...

Why would you need to use it, It's only really useful in Events and recon tbh.

Just now, Emerald said:

Why would you need to use it, It's only really useful in Events and recon tbh.

or active combat sits 

Hi All,

The rule was brought in as people from regiments were abusing the ability by breaking into areas for Treason on multiple occasions. Sadly we have to make rules to the weakest link. If you have a proposal please make it more detailed and submit it to myself for assessment & consideration.

• Upvote 3

I used to be shadow commander. The only issue I had with cloak was my troopers abusing the privilege and like Whitey stayed going into areas for treasonous reasons. From what I read your issue is that you can’t be bothered using comms and asking for permission, that is sort of what SWRP is. But yeah that is my opinion.

That’s a R.I.P I thought commanders could make decisions about their regiments on there own. I thought would happen is if they misused cloak then the trooper would get kicked from the regiment. It would give the commander a harder job but at least he is running his regiment.

Hi all

Thank you for the clarification of the rules of cloaking, I shall ensure that all within my regiment follow these rules to the best of my ability

-Lieutenant Colonel Menendez

• Like 1