Snow

Snow's Advertising Team Application

36 posts in this topic

- GENERAL -

What is your Steam name?: Snow 

What is your current in-game name?: Snow

What is your current in-game rank?: LCPL (Lance-Corporal)

What is your current playtime on the server?: Almost 2 days 

What is your current overall playtime on Garry's Mod?: 220 Hours (9 Days 16 Hours)

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Do you have any kicks, bans or warnings from anywhere on Imperial Gaming?: No

Why do you believe you would be an asset to the team?: I believe I have the commitment and skills to help the current advertising team. I have been using photoshop for the past 3 years and have gained a lot of knowledge from it.

Do you understand that as a member of the advertisement team, you may have to put in long hours into various projects?: Yes, I am willing to put in the long hours and effort for any project I am assigned.

How well do you work with others in a team?: I believe I work very well with a team, I have worked with teams in many projects before in Graphics and Design (At School).

How much time can you offer to the team in an average week?: Usually 2 Hours on Weekdays and 3-8 Hours on weekends (Depending on the week and if I have any exams)

Is there anything else you would like to add?:  I know that I have a low playtime and I'm not known by most but I will try my hardest to get my playtime up and be more well known. I also realise my age may put you off but I promise I will try my hardest and put in just as much effort as everyone else. P.S I have access to all Adobe CC (Creative Cloud) apps. Please note: I have used a tutorial to create 2 or 3 of my Designs. Most of the tutorials I have used are just for drafts, practice. I also use them to learn how to use special techniques such as gradients and blur.

- GRAPHIC DESIGN APPLICATION -

What software do you use for graphic design?: Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6

How much experience do you have  with graphic design?: 3 Years of experience from school and practice at home.

What other software do you use to aid your graphic design?: I occasionally use Photo Editors if I am editing photo's which I have taken, I'm not sure if this counts but I also have a Canon D90 For Photos.

Have you created graphic designs in the past? If so, please link them here.: Yes (As Shown Below)

Why do you want to become a graphic designer?: I would like to become a graphic designer for Imperial Gaming as I believe that I can be a reliable Asset to the current team. I would also like to assist in the growth of my skills and my fellow Designers / Editors / Writers. Graphic design has always been one of my favourite subjects and I love grinding out a project and sitting back in satisfaction after completing a great project and realising the skills and knowledge that I've gained for future projects. 

- SET DESIGNERS TEMPLATE -

How much experience do you have with set design?: I don't have a lot of experience in set design, however, I spend a lot of time building when I'm offline travelling to and from school or at school.

How much experience do you have with building in Garry's Mod?: I have a standard level of building in Gmod but I am trying to improve.

How well would you rate your building and creative abilities?: I would rate my building skills around 6-7/10 and my creative abilities 9-10/10

Have you created any set designs in the past? If so, please link them here.: I have been tinkering and I do have a few dupes.

Why do you want to become a set designer?: I would like to become a set designer to help the Recording team. The set is one of the most important parts of a film and I would like to be apart of the design and construction of a set. I like to create things and im very artsy and i think a set is the next thing i would like to create.

TERMS OF APPLICATION:

By submitting this application, I understand that I am a representative of the Imperial Gaming Community and that my actions both as a part of this community and within other communities may affect the results of this application. I understand that advertising this application in any way may result in an instant denial of the application. I understand that if this application is denied, I must wait a minimum of two weeks before applying again. I understand that once this application is posted, I must wait seven days after the last reply in order to bump the post unless it is to notify players of a significant update. I understand that I may not respond to my own application unless it is a notification of updated information and that any form of argument within this application may result in instant denial of the application and punishments may be handed out. I understand that if I am accepted for this role that it is not an actual staff rank and that I will gain no benefits resulting from this new position. I understand that I must notify the chain of command if I will be absent for more than five days and that I must organise my projects to progress even if I am not present to oversee them. 

Cryptic Draft #1 JPEG.jpg

Cryptic Draft #1 GIF.gif

New York Excelsior - Wallpaper.jpg

IMG_1496.JPG

Youtube Logo.png

Cafe Logo 1.jpg

Edited by Snow
Updating

WOAH WOAH WOAH, THIS IS AMAZING! +1

p.s I don't really know you yet but wow.

Thanks, @Zeta I'm trying to work on my playtime and getting noticed. Thanks for the feedback ❤️

• Like 1

Hi Snow,

As a member of the Media Team, I believe that your pieces of work are exceptional and could really help us out when needed.

I would love to have you on the team to assist us with our projects, etc.

So as a result, I am going to give you a +1.

Good Luck.

• Tongue 1

Hello Snow, 

You are a great trooper for shock but not only that you make nice MAGICAL logos, Clean and simple....

You get a SOLID +1 from me 

• Tongue 1

Neutral

I like the exMples but dont really know you yet

Looks very good from what I have seen I obviously don’t know who you are and I know you don’t know who I am but I like your application so I am going to give you a +1. - Wombat.

41 minutes ago, Snow said:

Thanks! I'll try look for you in game ;) 

I would say you would but you really wouldn’t I play somewhere else if you know what I’m sayin’ :/

Neutral

I dont know you too well, The examples are good but one I know for sure has an extensive tutorial / template on it, I know because my friend has it. Which just leas me to wonder how much of it is your own expertise, and how much of it is copying from another person and putting a new name on it

Edit: Had him send me the photos of it 

2048816126_eyesaackproof.PNG.a302635c04f098cc9485940c2016e36f.PNG

Edited by Anthony

23 hours ago, Snow said:

Cafe Logo 1.jpg

now this could be a misunderstanding, or something im missing, but I went and looked at hermes' profile on steam, and he has a steam group there which only he is part of, this group links some imgurs of things he has made, and he included this image:

eHaAnu4.jpg

Now, these two look strikingly similar. So there are three possibilities. He has copied you, you have copied him, or you have used a template.

If you copied him, thats just plagarism, if he copied you, thats also plagarism (but considering these images were up in january I dont think he did)

if you used a template, then that shows a lack of creativity on your part.

I noticed anthony also said something similar above about the circle logo

27 minutes ago, Excalibur said:

now this could be a misunderstanding, or something im missing, but I went and looked at hermes' profile on steam, and he has a steam group there which only he is part of, this group links some imgurs of things he has made, and he included this image:

eHaAnu4.jpg

Now, these two look strikingly similar. So there are three possibilities. He has copied you, you have copied him, or you have used a template.

If you copied him, thats just plagarism, if he copied you, thats also plagarism (but considering these images were up in january I dont think he did)

if you used a template, then that shows a lack of creativity on your part.

I noticed anthony also said something similar above about the circle logo

As I stated above most of my examples are drafts and practices which I have created with the help of tutorials. These were mostly practice so that i could learn the techniques and tool of photoshop. 

23 hours ago, Snow said:

As I stated above most of my examples are drafts and practices which I have created with the help of tutorials. These were mostly practice so that i could learn the techniques and tool of photoshop. 

Okay, that would be understandable, but considering you said this:

On 5/21/2018 at 6:57 PM, Snow said:

I have been using photoshop for the past 3 years and have gained a lot of knowledge from it.

Surely you could come up with a bit more than just templates and tutorial logos? If people wanted a logo from a template, they could just download the template and do it themselves. What you've done here is just show a bit of laziness and lack of creativity.

14 hours ago, Excalibur said:

Okay, that would be understandable, but considering you said this:

Surely you could come up with a bit more than just templates and tutorial logos? If people wanted a logo from a template, they could just download the template and do it themselves. What you've done here is just show a bit of laziness and lack of creativity.

Yes, knowledge from the tutorials and also it isn't a template I spent hours making those rewatching them and doing it my way. 

Edited by Snow

9 hours ago, Snow said:

Yes, knowledge from the tutorials and also it isn't a template I spent hours making those rewatching them and doing it my way. I don't appreciate you coming in saying I'm a liar and that I don't have any creativity. I don't see what the point is of putting countless hours into your work if some guy on the internets going to shit on you for it.  Also Thanks, now I'm considering taking down my application.

Hi, Head of Production here. Let me attempt to save this before we lose a great applicant.

From what I see, your application is more than sufficient for you to become a Graphic Designer for the Media Team. You have provided various, great examples of your proficiency in Photoshop and obviously have a passion for graphic design, something that should not be underestimated. The Media Team will always appreciate help graphically to help us differentiate our community and to create an identity unique to us and suited for us.

Now, in relation to your passion. Just because "some guy on the internet" has decided to needlessly shit on your application for whatever reason does not mean you should close your application. From when I'm writing this, you have 7 people in support of your application, which is far more important than one person's negative support. It is obvious to me that you are wanted more than you are not wanted, so give yourself a chance. You should not let one person govern your dreams and doubt your passion.

+1

Edited by Chef
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

- ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW -

@Snow Please make yourself available on TeamSpeak tonight (24/05/2018) at 8:00pm AEST for your interview. If you are unable to make this time, please send me a message over the forums with a time that you will be available.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@pinejack I won't be available until next week on Friday / Saturday. I'm going on holiday for 8 days, Sorry. See you next week! 

• Facepalm 1

So apparently constructive criticism that was in no way aggressive or rude towards you is needlessly shitting on your application.

All I was saying is there is little point for a graphic design team if all they're going to use it templates or tutorials from the internet. And just because you did it "your own way", does not make it original work, they still look basically the same as others that used the same tutorial/template.

13 hours ago, Chef said:

create an identity unique to us

the thing is chef, templates (and tutorial logos) are, by definition, not original. There's nothing wrong with using one, but when it is, as you say, to differentiate, its not really going to succeed in that, as plenty of people have used those templates before. Those kinds of things are good learning tools, but shouldnt be used as a final product or in a portfolio.

also snowy, never called you a liar. 

Edited by Excalibur

13 hours ago, Chef said:

to help us differentiate our community and to create an identity unique to us

sorry to say, but you can't exactly download a unique identity