LimeStrider

Change of the Defcon Noise

16 posts in this topic

I believe i speak for many when i say we need the change the Defcon noise... I don't mean to sound rude at all but the noise is a bit.... Ear Rapey...

This is a simple vote to change it from what it is to something cleaner or calmer...

It would be nice if people where to voice there own thoughts and ideas of the noise. With +1s or -1s

No offence to staff team what so ever!

The purpose of having that sound as the Defcon Sound is to let us know that the Defcon has Changed.

To be honest, It sounds alright on my end.

It is meant to be loud and obnoxious in order to alert everyone. I already know that the developers are getting a new sound for it (the current one is a place holder). -1

+1 

when i had my sound on 25% it was still really loud and also that song could be changed to something more like a siren

38 minutes ago, Emerald said:

The purpose of having that sound as the Defcon Sound is to let us know that the Defcon has Changed.

Yeah, same for me. And if they change it I don't mind.

I love it, I turn on the news to make sure it wasnt a real siren warning me of inbound ICBM

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LimeStrider said:

Defcon

4 hours ago, LimeStrider said:

Ear Rapey...

Okay, what I am going to say is (ASFAIK) the official position of the development team.

It is meant to hurt your ears and make you go 'HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FU--".  It is an alarm to warn you about a significant change in the security and defensive situation of your area.  Its not meant to be nice and clam, ear rape is what it should be by design.  I will concede that it isn't the best sound (we are looking at others), but it is certainly the right volume and level of ear rape.

P.S

Be glad we didn't use these (we were *this* close to using them):

Neutral

The current sound does a great job fulfilling its purpose (i.e. alerting the crap out of you and making you enter shooty mode) but a new sound would not be a bad change... a harsh sound but not one that literally blows out my ears...

How about we implement an alarm sound from the USS Enterprise :kappa:

I like sirens.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:21 PM, Emerald said:

^best way to explain it