Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Stevo.

Continuous Auto Disconnect Messages

Question

Basically I keep getting auto disconnect messages when I'm on the server. I'll move around for 5 seconds, then get a disconnect message, it'll stop, then I'll get another one. Sometimes there's a gap between them for about 30 seconds, but every single time it happens that annoying black screen on spawn fade happens.

It only happens on this server and literally makes the game unplayable.

Any help would be appreciated (also can we get rid of that spawn black screen fade).

Edit: This what I have done to try and fix it:

1. Unsub and resub to all addons

2. Reinstall Gmod

3. Do a clean install of Gmod

4. Check modem (it was fine, I've only had it for 3 months and ping isn't the issue)

5. Check all addons for any issues in the consol

6. Do a clean install of steam

7. Tried joining other servers (managed to play fine without the drop-out issues)

Edited by Stevo.

5 answers to this question

Allright,

As far as I am aware, streamline is having troubles with its internet provider in the sydney region.  They are attempting everything to fix this, up to and including changing isp to fix this.  This is the most likely cause of the connection drop outs, and it shouldn't have anything to do with your addons/gmod.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, goliath said:

Allright,

As far as I am aware, streamline is having troubles with its internet provider in the sydney region.  They are attempting everything to fix this, up to and including changing isp to fix this.  This is the most likely cause of the connection drop outs, and it shouldn't have anything to do with your addons/gmod.

Yeah I know it's got something to do with the host now, it's just part of the troubleshooting process to do all the stuff I've done so far. That and it's only a problem on this server.

@Whitey and @Wolf , can you give us a yell when Streamline stops being a potato. Otherwise, if this problem doesn't go away in 3 or so weeks, I'm probably going to have to leave the server because it's causing the server to be unplayable at the moment for me.

Whoever is in charge of closing stuff in this section of the forums can close this now.

@Stevo.,

Can we organise to arrange a time where you try connecting so I can watch console for any issues on our end?

1 minute ago, Whitey said:

@Stevo.,

Can we organise to arrange a time where you try connecting so I can watch console for any issues on our end?

Yeah sure, I'll send you a message now.

Currently, this is only affecting you.