Long_Night_of_Solace

Archer's Event Master Application

16 posts in this topic

Steam Name: UNSC Pillar of Autumn II

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29140235

In Game Name and Rank: Gideon Hask | Captain 

Time Played (Server Time):  My time was reset but in total I should have 2 Weeks,  3 Days (Estimated) 

Have you had any warns and/or bans (If so state them): No

Have you been event master on any other servers (If so state them): Yes, I was EM on The Gaming Council (TGC) from December 2016 - July 2017 (Server Closed)

Why are you applying to be an event master: Like a lot of people I enjoy star wars RP, I always find it be a unique forum for expressing one's self in ways they would not be normally be able to, I used to be an EM for TGC (as stated above) and I always enjoyed that role I had within the community as it gave me a sense of purpose and the feeling of accomplishment I get from when people enjoyed my events always made me great afterwards, it also helped to improve my public speaking skills and my RP skills, after TGC closed down I was persuaded to try IG and to this day I do not regret that choice, this community gave back to me what I lost and now I think its time to return the favor, with the loss of talented EMs I want to take up my EM hat again and start helping out the staff team in creating more events to attract more people to IG and to improve the RP quality of events.

What can you bring to the event master team: I can bring my outstanding loyalty to the team, my ability to learn and pickup new skills and techniques quickly. I do make mistakes as I am human but I do learn from those mistakes and endeavor not to make them again, I'm also a very active person and can fill in any hourly quota or requirements easily and I'm always happy to listen and taken in advice from other people if it benefits myself or what i'm doing. I can also help other EMs if they are struggling or they have a problem and they are unable to continue, I can pick up from where they left off and try to complete their event as I have done that in the past.

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and attract more people: I can make more lore or in depth events based on what has occurred within the star wars universe, bring more immersive rp into events and passive RP, Multi outcome events based on trooper actions and competence which then gives the idea that the choices that troopers and commanders make matter and can effect the situation being a total victory, partial victory, partial defeat or total defeat (This will vary from event to event), more balanced events which give players a better chance of winning or losing (This will vary from event to event)

Do you have basic knowledge of ulx commands: Yes: !model (name) (model link), !scale (name) (size), !goto (name), !return (name), !tools (name), !hp (name) (amount), !slay (name), !warn (name/steam ID) (reason)

Anything else you would like to add: I would like to thank you all for giving me this chance to enjoy something I love to do. 

Event Idea 1:  

Off Ship Event: Infiltration 

35+ players - up to 14 event characters 

2 troopers disguised as rebel pilots - 500 hp

2 Jedi - 1 master and 1 apprentice - 2500 hp for the master, 1000 hp for the apprentice

10 Rebel troopers + 1 Rebel Commander - 1000 hp respectively

This event will be an infiltration operation involving the use of 2 captured X-Wings from the recent Tatooine mission, 2 pilots (Most likely members of ISC or Inferno Squad) will be disguised as rebel pilots and will fly the X-Wings to a rebel controlled base (Map decided on a later date), the pilots will have the job of disarming the base's AA defenses and perimeter sensor network, they will only have a few minutes to do this before they are detected and caught, once the defenses and sensors are down the main forces will launch a surprise  attack and attempt to capture the base however they will only have a limited time frame to complete this task, if they are unable to capture the base in the time frame, the mission will be scrapped and a full retreat will be ordered.

Outcome 1: AA defenses and Sensor Network are disabled

With the base's defenses down, troopers will be able to attack the base without being noticed until the last moment as well as being provided air support (If applicable) odds for taking the base are at around: 85%, if the base is taken the troopers will be hailed for their competence and successful victory, if they failed they will be noted for their incompetence and most likely the person in charge of the operation (AKA: Me) will be killed due to HIS incompetence.

Outcome 2: AA Defenses are still active, Sensor Network is disabled

With the base's AA defense active it will be impossible to give air support which will decrease the chances of success even with the element of surprise on our side, odds of taking the base decreases to: 75% (Based outcomes for victory or defeat still apply) 

Outcome 3: AA Defenses are down, Sensor network is still active

Without the element of surprise to aid our attack, the mission will be a lot more difficult to complete, even with air support on our side, odds for taking the base decreases to: 50% (Based outcomes for victory or defeat still apply) 

Outcome 4: AA defenses are still active, Sensor network is still active

With the failure of the disguised pilots the odds of taking the base under the noted conditions decreases to: 35%, if troopers are able to take the base however they will all be noted for bravery in the face of extreme odds and receive an official commendation for their actions (excluding the 2 pilots who failed in their task) (noted defeat outcome still applies) 

Event Idea 2: 

On ship event: VIP Protection and Retrieval  

25+ players - up to 5 event characters 

1 Imperial Admiral (Played by me)

1 Imperial defector - 750 hp

3 Hijacked maintenance droids - 1500 hp 

This event will be a VIP protection and retrieval operation, an Imperial defector will be brought aboard the Star Destroyer by Admiral Solace (Played by me) who will be brought up to ISBHQ to be interrogated by ISB for information and reasoning for his disloyalty, during this time 3 new maintenance droids will be delivered to the Star Destroyer to take over the jobs left by the Engineers, at first they'll do what they are programmed to do but a short burst transmission directed at them will reprogram them to turn on us and try to free the defector, they will then attempt to escape the ship and take the defector with them. 

Outcome 1: Defector is taken by the droids and they escape

With the defector gone, the droids gone and the ship they stole not being tracked, the troopers will be scorned for their incompetence in allowing the defector to be taken away and freed to do what ever damage he can but the transmission that was sent to the droids can be traced back to its origin and the defector could be re-acquired.  This would take time and lead up to another mission.

Outcome 2: Defector is killed  

With the defector dead he is unable to do anymore damage to the Empire and its operations, while disappointed, Admiral Solace will thank the troopers for putting down the traitor before he could escape, he will then leave the ship to return another day. 

Outcome 3: Defector is re-captured

With the rebels attempt to free the defector, he will be returned to ISB so they can finish their interrogation, after which a public execution will be held for him and in which Admiral Solace will remind everyone that treason will not be tolerated.

Terms

I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Emerald said:

+1

Archer would be a great option for EM.

• Good Application
  • Well Known
  • Trustworthy
  • No Warns

Good Luck.

+1

Neutral

You are a good guy, but in my opinion you can be really snarky. Your app is pretty good, but just work on how you react or the way you tell people things.

Good luck man!

Twinkie

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Emerald said:

+1

Archer would be a great option for EM.

• Good Application
  • Well Known
  • Trustworthy
  • No Warns

Good Luck.

2 hours ago, Zeta said:

+1
Great app, well structured, kinda a meme.

I don't feel you should be saying "kinda a meme" considering this is to be taken seriously, This is just my opinion. Otherwise +1 also, good detail in the application and is good at RP

Edited by MrKayeST

On 4/13/2018 at 10:10 PM, Twinkie said:

Neutral

You are a good guy, but in my opinion you can be really snarky. Your app is pretty good, but just work on how you react or the way you tell people things.

Good luck man!

Twinkie

Gonna have to agree with Twinkie.

Neutral 

+1

• Great at roleplay, great event ideas and a well constructed application
  • I have to agree with the above comments in relation to the way you talk to/react to people and situations. You tend to quite quickly bite back at things that are a problem, or people that annoy you which you really need to work on in order to be an effective event master. Despite that, and speaking from experience, sometimes you do need to be a bit snappy when event characters get out of hand, so keep it in reserve if the situation does get dire. 
  • All that said, I do hope you get the position.

GOOD LUCK!

On 14/04/2018 at 3:10 PM, Twinkie said:

Neutral

Good luck man!

Twinkie

Neutral