35 posts in this topic

Steam Name: joel.mclarty

Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:123155696

In Game Name: 212th Staff Sergeant[Support] Joel

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence):

Before Lua Error resting my time 1w2d +

- After LUA error reseting my time 5Days+

After 5/05 update 2+ days

Have you had any warns (If so state them): I have not received any warns on the server.

Have you had any bans (If so state them): I have not received any bans on the server.

Have you been staff on any other servers (If so state them): I have no previous experience as a staff member on other public Garry’s Mod servers. But have been in charge of servers between me and my friends using ULX commands and I understand that being a staff on a larger server is a bigger step up than that.

Why are you applying for TMOD: I am applying for trial moderator as of recent (March 24th)nI have seen that there has been a drop of not just players but in staff as well (for reasons people on the forums would know) and as a result of this I have seen that some people are breaking rules and nothing is happening to them. I believe that as a T-mod I would help with the reduction of rules being broken. I also enjoy seeing people having fun and laughing on the server and by becoming a T-mod I believe I would be able to do so. Another reason that I would like to become a trial moderator is because I really enjoy community and the staff that have been created by this server and the people in it and that I would become a bigger part of it. I also have no intention to stop playing on the server for a while as I feel like I have joined a community that accepts me and others no matter who or how you are. Finally, I also want to help people out when they need it.

What can you bring to the staff team: I believe that if I were to join the staff team that I would be able to bring a person who is, fairly active being on several hours almost every day (even more on weekends), quick to respond when someone needs help, always willing to help no matter who you are, always willing to listen, mature and won’t break rules, friendly, patient and always willing to give a helping hand.

Scenarios
Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you?: I’ll first get the steam id of the person and then if I did not personally see the event I will ask the people who were RDM’d and then if it turns out to be RDM not someone doing training then I will warn respectively on amount of people RDM’d.

Someone is bullying another player. What do you do?: If it is ooc I will ask the person who appears to be being bullied if they are actually being bullied or if it is casual banter if it is actual bullying I would ask the person who is bullying the other why and then I would warn them if it is reasonable to do so or continue to investigate if there is a further reason behind it.

You see a higher up staff abuse their powers. What do you do?: I see if they are just joking around like a lot of staff do from time to time if he is not then I ask him to stop and if he doesn’t listen I’ll take screen shots and report it to wolf or a senior admin as I would not be able to do anything.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?: If someone was threatening to DDOS the server I would tell the other staff online and then bring them to another part of the ship and ask them why they are threatening then if they keep going on and making threats I would warn or ban respectively.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Questions added by Whitey on 15/4/18 :

In Game Rank:

Regimental Rank - Staff Sergeant [Support]/212th 

XP Rank - 56

In Game Regiment: 212th

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server:

I believe that the purpose of moderators on the server is keep the server orderly and to help others while making the time of the players on the server enjoyable and memorable. They do this by guiding people with the rules of the server and helping them as best as they possibly can.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things you can and cannot do/rules:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post (1 week)
2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application
3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application deny
4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied
5. False information can lead to your application deny
6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either you app being put on hold or denied
7. 5 or more warnings and you application will be denied 
8. Must have more than 1 week on the server
9. Must have less than 2 ban to apply (Depending on the situation)

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Joel
Updating application

Neutral. 

- Very less detail

- Application seems to be rushed

Please fix it and add more detail. Then I might change my decision to +1

Good luck,

Pav

Neutral

• Pretty Active
  • Never Break Rules Or Minge
  • Application Needs More Detail
  • And From Above , The Application Seems Very Rushed.

If you can add more details to the application i will consider changing my Neutral to +1

Neutral

• Application needs more detail
  • Application seems rushed
  • Try and get a mic for T-Mod
  • Active
  • Doesn't minge

Good Luck!

you might need a mic.

Try and get a mic for T-Mod

I do have I mic but I just don't use it but I probably will more if I become T-mod

9 hours ago, Joel said:

due to a glitch earlier today my time was reset

It should be fixed soon, red tags just godda pull some data and roll it back.

P.S

Blame @Whitey

+1  ( As long as you use your mic )

Loyal active member of the community. Has the potential to be a good Moderator.

11 hours ago, Mythical said:

Neutral

• Pretty Active

If you can add more details to the application i will consider changing my Neutral to +1

Good morning everyone 

I have done as people have asked and spent more time on my application I have re-written a lot of it and I have extended the word count by 300 from when I first started it

happy easter 

and thanks for the feedback

*Bump* 

-Joel

Edited by Joel

On 3/24/2018 at 10:28 PM, Mythical said:

Neutral

• Pretty Active

I see that you have put in effort to add more details to the application even though its still lacking abit (maybe it's just me) i decided to change my neutral to a +1

Good Luck!

Edited by Mythical

On 3/25/2018 at 12:28 AM, Mythical said:

Neutral

• Pretty Active

Neutral 

Reason stated above ^

• Like 1

+1

• Reasons stated above (the ones that +1'd also)

GOOD LUCK!

• Like 1

+1 Has been a great inquisitor and always follows rules! (would be a bonus if you could use your mic, but you type fast anyway )

• Like 1

Huge +1 from me!

Joel is a trustworthy member of the community and is extremely kind. Never breaks rules and is an example of a good person. Good luck my dude!

- Zeta 

• Like 1

*Bump*

and I have also added the new questions whiteey added

Edited by Joel

Bump/update

more information added, edited time to include resets, resized font due to new rule of only to have it lesser or equal to  size 14

Thanks all for your replies and suggestions I have tried to take all into consideration

Bump/Update

In the last week and a halfI have left sith and joined 212th and became the rank of corporal.

Again thankyou to all who have given me feedback