Sign in to follow this  
Proto_Carl

DT’s Ability

11 posts in this topic

Salutations soldiers and sirs, this document will be used for the purpose of explaining the reasons behind DT being given a way to see cloaked troopers, without using OOC methods, and will offer solutions.

Proof-

In imperial SWRP, it is common knowledge that death troopers can sense the location of OSC-enhanced individuals, and act upon this information to complete a mission. I know this because I have personal experience of being shot while OSC-enhanced by a death trooper, when I was serving under the terror troopers (off-ship TDM). I have since then, conducted research on how this is possible, and have found an answer. If you look at the [DT’s Helmet Blueprint], you will find it has advanced sensor systems, “The helmet had a number of advanced sensor and targeting systems to give them total situational awareness of combat areas, enemies and allies. If this quote is true, it would suggest that DT’s have thermal detection as a component of their sensors. In the case of visible light not being a suitable transmission of information, such as a nocturnal mission, this would be very useful.

As we know, the technology of cloak can cancel out visible light when moving at a slow speed and cancel out noise, but can’t affect other waves like radio or infrared. “Optical Camouflage System (or OCS) was a type of armour enhancement available during the Galactic Civil War between the Alliance to restore the Republic and the Galactic Empire, following the Battle Of Yavin. The system consisted of image generators and sound reducers.“ From this we can deduce that a thermal detection system would be capable of sighting individuals using the OSC enhancement, and that OCSwas present during the era of the DTs. 

Solutions-

1. We use the squad feature of the game to allow us to see the OCS-enhanced  individuals with the [Draw Outlines] function of the software.

2. We add a modification to the server which allows DTs to sense OCS-enhanced individuals.

3. We use the OOC method  of moving you mouse around your screen in the c menu to sense OCS-enhanced individuals, but on a greater, and more prevalent scale, where everything in view is outlined.

4. We only allow DTs/force sensitives to attack event characters designated as [Cloaked].

5. We force OCSE individuals to momentarily break cloak around DT allowing them to find them easier with the c menu.

6. We make OCSE individuals have a different material when OCSE instead of being invisible, and only allow DTs/force sensitives to attack them.

7. We continue using c menu.

Bibliography-

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_trooper (under equipment)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Optical_camouflage_system (in first paragraph)

P.S Follow protocol.

Edited by Proto_Carl
Messed up a singular comma.
  • Upvote 1

Just continue to do it the way you have been, no need to change anything. Just need to work on others doing it without being in a regiment where they can see them.

Edited by pinejack

If one regiment states reasons why they can see cloaked enemies, all regiments will.

@Mauler, your statement is true but Proto has also given proof of DT's being able to see cloaked people, proof of which I am sure that 95% of regiments cannot find.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Didn't Appo suggest an addon for thermal vision? This could easily be implemented into specific loadouts including DT, so maybe we wouldn't have to have a whole load of coding done to just improve the rp of just a few regiments.

If this cannot be implemented then we can just continue looking for names or using C Menu.

Edited by Twinkie

15 hours ago, pinejack said:

Just continue to do it the way you have been, no need to change anything. Just need to work on others doing it without being in a regiment where they can see them.

But then we can’t move our heads or see them without pointing our mouse at them, which is very hard to use and usually ends up in us getting killed in 2 seconds because we lose track of them and fire a shot near them, causing them to react by shooting,

1 hour ago, Proto_Carl said:

But then we can’t move our heads or see them without pointing our mouse at them, which is very hard to use and usually ends up in us getting killed in 2 seconds because we lose track of them and fire a shot near them, causing them to react by shooting,

I think that is a good thing.  DT can see cloaked people who are standing still via C method, and that is insanely powerful.  The fact that you have to actively scan balances this from a game play perspective.  If other troopers see DT shooting at a blank space, nine times out of ten they will join in, making the cloak effectively useless.  By having to scan with your mouse, this means that you can still see cloaked people, but it is harder, making the ability more balanced (and making cloak still be an effective tool from an EM standpoint).

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, goliath said:

I think that is a good thing.  DT can see cloaked people who are standing still via C method, and that is insanely powerful.  The fact that you have to actively scan balances this from a game play perspective.  If other troopers see DT shooting at a blank space, nine times out of ten they will join in, making the cloak effectively useless.  By having to scan with your mouse, this means that you can still see cloaked people, but it is harder, making the ability more balanced (and making cloak still be an effective tool from an EM standpoint).

The fact is, DT do not have to manually look for OCSE individuals, they can see them. #StopTheNerfing

DT already have one of the most powerful guns on the server, I think that they can deal with having to manually look for a clocked person.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 05/03/2018 at 4:22 PM, pinejack said:

DT already have one of the most powerful guns on the server, I think that they can deal with having to manually look for a clocked person.

No, you have no reasons behind your choice.

Edited by Proto_Carl
Better
  • Downvote 1