Qteks

Staff Report: Ridge

91 posts in this topic

Greetings everybody,

I can say it has been quite an eventful Friday afternoon for everyone and I just want to put my 2 cents into the situation at hand. Firstly I want to address @Qteks  issue with myself that caused this report in the first place. Myself being one of the two General's of the Army decided to go on the catwalk just outside of MHC, I simply sat there was in shift tab dealing with another issue when your Navy Officer Marv approached me stating that I am not authorised to be here and kept ordering me to leave and kept saying "I will report this to Tarkin". Myself having All Access made me think that I had All Access as the name says. Me standing on a catwalk literally 5 meters from MHC was not changing anyone's RP in a negative effect. I not wanting to argue with the Navy Officer told my guard at the time to tell the Navy to mind his own business and stuff along those lines. I do not remember this part exactly but it goes along the lines of either one of us leaving but in the end, I ended up sitting in a chair from any of the main controls AFK dealing with a few Sergeant Tests that started to pile up. As I am doing that on my desktop my guards then tell me that a lot of high ranks (that are lower than me) ended up in the room ordering me to leave. My guards then get killed/arrested and me getting sick of them telling me, I stand up sick of this happening leave saying "Shutup Baldy". I then went back into MHC and did not jump off any railings whatsoever.

The issues I have with this situation is:

1. ALL ACCESS I believe should mean I have all access to anywhere on the ship excluding a few classified places such as AWR.

2. You being a Vice Admiral is below me, it being "your" ship should mean nothing as I was the highest rank on and you can not directly order me. The only way you could is if you were the same rank as me or higher. @Kendrick was there also, he has no power to do anything to me unless @Little5avage or the Emperor ordered him to do so. These rules have been in place since he first got the rule and they were put there by the management team. I don't understand why an Officer Cadet can order me around the ship and show minimal respect while doing so, also ignoring my orders to leave my presence. I was the highest ranking on the ship at the time so I don't see why I can't sit in the control room doing Sergeant Tests. 

In this situation nowhere did I do anything to overrule them with my OOC rank, it was all role play. I don't understand why you are saying I bring my Senior Admin role into things like this. I cannot be stepped on by many because I am a General of the Army, not because I am a Senior Admin. I never say anything along the lines that "You can't touch me I am a Senior Admin". I roleplay as an arrogant General who has been here a long time and does not take crap from many people. I still listen to people higher than me, I still take orders from people who are higher than me. This is not an abuse of my powers, it is just me simply not listening to people who are below me and trying to order me around.

@Cody. I do not RP very much, no. I have in my past, I've roleplayed a lot when I was DT Brigadier and I enjoyed doing that. At the time of that though I was just a User playing the server, no responsibilities other than running my regiment. Now, I am a Senior Admin doing a lot more stuff than a User normally does. I do stuff behind the scenes, constantly answering people's messages, I dare to say I can get up to 40+ messages a single day! General is also challenging as I am having to talk to certain people about different things. When I first recruited new Major Generals and Secretaries to MHC the thing I always said is "This is not a normal regiment, this is an administration regiment that does a lot of stuff OOC and runs 80% of the regiments on this server." These two things get quite heavy sometimes and I do not have the energy to constantly roleplay like some lucky others. 

Your other point I explained above. Nowhere does it say Qteks is higher than me since we are on a Star Destroyer. It does say though I am higher than Qteks in the recruiting room, clearance level document and other places on the ship. The Royal Representative also has no power over me unless the Emperor orders him or Lord Vader does. This was explained to me by Little (Darth Vader). I am not disrespecting RP, I am simply doing other things at the time and I shouldn't have to take orders from people below my rank. 

I didn't jump off the railings.

The American accent thing is just a little meme we had the other night with yourself. It was late and we decided to have some fun and throughout the whole time, the whole server was laughing about it including yourself.

@Keta Me ignoring those 2 is not FailRP at all or using my OOC rank to do so. In the end, I am the General, they are both below me. Also ignoring roleplay is not a warnable offense when I am busy doing something OOC, such as marking Sergeant Tests to help benefit the server.

@Marv Imagine being a General who roleplays being arrogant and a Navy Officer Cadet, who is such a low rank compared to you tells you to leave. In my RP I would ignore you and continue on with my business. My men being cocky is because they find it funny an Officer Cadet is telling a General what to do. Also, the TIE Fighter situation was under 20 people or extremely close to and you just called for an admin to get another one, not that big of an issue.

@Haz I admit it was a bit dumb of me to kill you guys. At the time the server's population was just joking around since it was under 20 people. I wasn't aware you were showing the Storm Trooper around but it was all just a joke and the other people there were laughing about it afterward.

@Kix The Lenny bind is quite innocent, to be honest. I have a bind where I shrug people off when they constantly ask the same question or ask me something not related to me whatsoever. Many people have things like these as their binds, including high ranks. They have funny salutes it's not a big issue. What do you also consider spamming because I do not remember abusing the grapple hook in a public area with an event going on and spamming a Lenny shrug bind? If you could provide some backstory or preferably screenshots that would be fantastic. I'll just put these here also.

Line 67610: [19:15:34] Kix: /me Salutes With Honour, Pride, Integrity, Respect, Loyalty, Optimism, And Much Much More!

Line 67496: [19:12:55] Kix: /me Chucks a fat salute towards his lord and saviour, Brigadier Plutonic!

Line 16077: [12:45:10] Kix: /me Shows ID: | Name: Kix | Regiment: Sith | Rank: Emperor| Clearance: All Access| Joke: I am meming|

@LePaul Why bring up situations that have been dealt with? I will not go into the exact explanation as there is a video somewhere I believe. But during the whole time I was talking not one person said anything about it. Again, I don't understand why solved situations are being brought up when you never made any objection at the time.

@Mauler Who in the management team puts people in a state of fear to not make posts like this? Posts like these have been done in internal affairs for staff and it has been dealt with accordingly there. Also saying "Corrupt Staff Have No Place" I question this of how this is corrupt. You've had multiple issues on this staff team of abuse, but we decided to give you chances, so you saying this makes you like a massive hypocrite.

@goliath You comment on things that you have no idea about the work that happens behind the scenes? The Secretaries and Generals have put lot's of work into the database, hours of code and organizing each sergeant and showing them how to work it. We also make sure Sergeants do their job and train recruits. I am quite insulted that you make comments about the whole of MHC not doing their job when you have no idea what happens.

@Shekelburg Again you were there also and you did not raise any points during that? You be quiet for so long and don't mention anything about it after it has been solved until now? Waiting for a rainy day I guess...

@Mauler Every community member can put input on this thread. Just because he disagrees with you you don't say he is not welcome to comment. Respect his opinion and don't make nasty comments like that.

@LePaul You're making comments of things you have no idea about. You're a support team member, that is not considered a staff member. There are things that happen behind the scenes a lot that you don't know about. Do not just make assumptions nothing get's done, because trust me, it does. We have notes and strikes for any staff member, management included, if they mess up at all and once they get three strikes they're off the staff team. We have a system currently and it works.

@LePaul Him saying he has been my friend for a long time does not mean he will be biased against this? You're just making assumptions of which again, you have no idea about. You could say all the staff members I've told off in the past are commenting on here and +1ing this, you could say that is being biased. 

@Barron  You say you've witnessed questionable things, please provide scenarios or screenshots/videos of these, you saying this means nothing without any background to what you're saying. Also, the reason why you left is because you were too busy in real life to pay attention to the server. Not because of "corruption". That is what you told the management team at least. It isn't corrupt if I don't get removed of staff, Wolf has his own opinion of the situation. 

@Kumo You being banned is a reason to remove your PAC. You were constantly messaging Little who had to pass on the messages to me, if you want to talk to me you message me not someone else. By the end of it, you knew why it was removed as I explained it to Little and he passed on the message, I was busy and had to move onto something else so I replied with "k". Me removing off the Trello is my job to, I have also removed other ex-staff in the past. You say I am biased against you is completely wrong.  I removed you because you're an easy name to remember, people have other game tags as their Trello name or even their real name so I do not who is who. 

@[IG] Mainz We were in a private spot away from everyone just having a mess around, as most users do. We did this in the back of MHC where no one has to be. You saying we ruined the RP of others makes me question it because you can just go to the front secretary office or just go away. You also didn't say anything once, if you would've, we would've stopped. You have direct communication to us through team chat, you should've used that. Also, who said we can do whatever we want, we're admins?

@Marlin I was granted access by Darth Revan to be allowed in the Sith Temple. I was in there before with him but he then went AFK while I was on the other side of the teleporter so I just went through and said Darth Revan allows me to be in here. I did not loiter at all I immediately walked out. I then ran as you started shooting me, did not shoot back at all, and simply repeated Darth Revan authorized me to be in there, but instead, you just killed me.

@Kestoren That situation was dealt with and in the end, you were banned for the disrespect you showed to myself while I was talking to you about slandering the staff.

@FrenchyFries I went into Vader's chambers and was executed by everyone, that was when @Carnifex set me as a joke, I simply took a step in and you all killed me fair enough, I wouldn't consider that minging though.

Overall, I've talked to Wolf and we both agreed we can work on some things in the staff and management team. I will be staying with the management team for now and I will be sure to keep in mind what some people said. In the end this is a community I've put my heart and soul into. Many days of me coming home from school and playing 8 hours straight then going to bed. I do not want to see this community die in anyway as I am attached to it and I treat some people on here like family, I don't want to see that go away.

Regards,

Ridge.

• Thinking 3
  • Upvote 14
  • Downvote 8

Because this post has gotten out of hand I am now going to have to put my foot down to explain different situations. Now to start off with I am upset that the Staff team has blown this out of proportion. Firstly I see this as very wrong way of doing this and also a way that shows no respect to myself, when a report is given to me with evidence I sit down with the party and discuss like I have done recently, I show respect and I make everyone speak to each other like Adults however if they do not treat me with respect I show them I do not continue the meeting and I will ignore them due to I do not have time to deal with people who cannot show respect when they are given it. To the User that has posted this, I am not aiming this at you as you have done the right procedure by creating this thread however some people have blown this up to the point that I do not find this Professional at all with some of the comments I have read from particular staff members that are having a go at other people who have a different opinions to them in this situation.  

I do have a concern that the staff team gets too involved with these scenarios, and by too involved I mean they let their emotions control them and start having a go at players/other staff members or making comments based off emotions and not the facts. A comment made tonight is that "us going public makes the higher ups do shit" is actually completely false, it actually shows that the respect I give you as not only staff members but as a team is being thrown out the window and stomped on which upsets me to know that the respect I try to give is wiped on the ground and thrown into my face. 

Another comment I noticed is that someone has said "Another post that should have been made months ago, however, due to the state of fear was never done by said person." I literally almost snapped my pen because of this due to the fact that the reason this post was made was that he knew that nothing will happen to him, no one will ban him and no one will yell at him for following procedures by uploading what he sees as a evidence.

Ridge has been assisting Imperial Gaming In-Game and Out of game, spending hours arguing with me on projects, working with me on different projects and assisting other players creating different methods to help ImperialRP. A comment that is always thrown around is that “He's a red tag/he's friends with the owner/Community manager so nothing will be done” is one of the stupidest comments I have heard as I give countless opportunities to staff members no matter there rank of there friendship with me, some of them being the driven forces for this, I will not name and shame however they know who they are so they should think about the opportunities I have given them when they are not red tags. Regarding being friends with myself, yes Ridge and myself are friends due to the fact that with doing all these projects together has brought us closer together along with the other Top-tier staff such as Admins, SNR Admins. A good example for this is Little and myself, Little and I have a very particular friendship where practically if he was in trouble I would fly down to help him as him and myself have grown a massive friendship however when he does something wrong I still talk to him and get up him for it like I do with to the other SNR Admins. You might go oh its a slap on the wrist, No trust me its not, as yes they are my friends however Imperial Gaming does come first as that is the duty I need to uphold while being a Community Owner which means that punishments are given out such as revoked access to functions if they sue it incorrectly. I will also revoke certain things they are able to do on the server and in the community, you may not have seen punishments I have given as I do not need to involve the public to the punishments I give out.

With the majority of these reports, I have noticed that these do not revolve around his title of Senior Admin, more his General rank and the fact that people are apparently scared of AOS Generals when they do something wrong. I do not know where this has come from however if any Rank does something that is arrestable then they can be AOS. I myself was stripped of my rank for 1 week as punishment for shooting into the fog on rishi-moon and accidentally hitting a fighter and I had the rank of High General, if a High general can get in trouble for an accidental shot then a General can be arrested. If you think that Ridge has gone against In character aspects that deserve a demotion from General submit your evidence in the appropriate way.

This is all I am going to say on this matter, as the rest of it will be discussed internally with other evidence if submitted.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 8

@Ridge Hey, first up that was a good response.  The incident was just under a month back when we were holed up in MHC, with about 20 people inside (Think really bad frames saver event with troops falling to the blades)

I’ll ignore the grappling hook and talk about the Lenny bind, it is not really an issue that you have a Lenny bind. The issue is that you repeatedly pressed it, filling up my chat box and doing nothing but press that every time someone asked advice from you as general.

As for my binds, they are /me’s and do not impact RP in any way. My salute bind is used when saluting any officers and while a bit over the top, should not break anyone’s immersion. As for my salute for Plutonic, once again this is a /me and cannot be seen by other troopers in RP. 

I don’t have any idea what that Emperor ID bind is, if you could shed some more light so I can respond accordingly.

• Thinking 3
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Kix said:

/me and cannot be seen by other troopers in RP. 

You do understand that everyone can see the action in /me 
/me can be taken into RP. That is what it is there for not just for decoration.
and example of this is: "/me nods to get guards to kill."
Everyone is able to see this in RP within the area.
This is slightly worded bad I do apologise for that.

15 minutes ago, Little5avage said:

You do understand that everyone can see the action in /me 
/me can be taken into RP. That is what it is there for not just for decoration.
and example of this is: "/me nods to get guards to kill."
Everyone is able to see this in RP within the area.
This is slightly worded bad I do apologise for that.

I fully understand that, what I am saying is the by doing /me salutes with honor, pride and a bunch of other words all the troops see is a salute because the other words are describing how I saluted.

With plu all they can see me me saluting him.

I get your point, and it was not worded badly don't worry! Thanks for the response.

Edit: We were both agreeing on the same thing lol! Guess we both need to work on our wording :P

Edited by Kix
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Kix said:

I fully understand that, what I am saying is the by doing /me salutes with honor, pride and a bunch of other words all the troops see is a salute because the other words are describing how I saluted. I get your point

Yes basically what I was trying to say but worded it poorly haha sorry about that. But yes that is correct

• Upvote 2

@Ridge I'm sorry you think this, but just because you are a general, doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. You are not qualified to step into the Control Room, due to the consoles in there controlling more than half of the ship. It's pretty plain and simple, you are on a ship controlled by Navy, if a Navy member is having trouble doing his duty whilst you are in a Navy only area, he can ask you to leave. That was the problem. Your beautiful head was distracting.

• Upvote 4

Hello to everyone reading this message, this will be my final statement on the issue, I just want to address a few things. Firstly thank you to @Ridge and @Wolf for your responses.

Secondly, something I did not make fully clear to the public and more to the people involved in this report, my intention. Did I want Ridge demoted? Not exactly, could that have that been in the picture? Possibly. The intent was to firstly shine a light on the issue and for others to come out with there issues with Ridge. The Punishment? We wanted things to change and to ensure this never happened again, I speak for a large number of people in that statement. 

Regarding the "blown out of proportion" argument, was it? Yes, there where fights caused, but other than this, it was a place to come out with opinions/evidence, ignoring the fights for one second, please consider that there are large amounts of people who have genuine issues with Ridge's displays. These are not massive issues however a lot of little acts go a long way.

I understand how this can be quite overwhelming at the beginning seeing what could be considered the most popular forum post ever, but please consider what the community is saying so this doesn't happen again.

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, Ridge said:

I'm not going to argue any of the "points" you made. But I will say this;

I don't want you demoted, that's not why I'm here. I'm here to bring to light a bigger issue. The staff team is the backbone of the community. They hold IG together. As a staff member, you represent IG to the community. When new players come on and see staff abuse their powers both IC and/or OOC, it doesn't put IG into a good light, and when senior players see this happen more and more regularly, it hits a breaking point. This server is meant to be serious roleplay. I know not everyone's perfect, and to be human is to make mistakes, "Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you". Lead by example. This isn't directed directly at you, Ridge, it's a generalised statement.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LePaul said:

I'm not going to argue any of the "points" you made. But I will say this;

I don't want you demoted, that's not why I'm here. I'm here to bring to light a bigger issue. The staff team is the backbone of the community. They hold IG together. As a staff member, you represent IG to the community. When new players come on and see staff abuse their powers both IC and/or OOC, it doesn't put IG into a good light, and when senior players see this happen more and more regularly, it hits a breaking point. This server is meant to be serious roleplay. I know not everyone's perfect, and to be human is to make mistakes, "Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you". Lead by example. This isn't directed directly at you, Ridge, it's a generalised statement.

I agree with Lepuals statement

12 hours ago, Ridge said:

@Shekelburg Again you were there also and you did not raise any points during that? You be quiet for so long and don't mention anything about it after it has been solved until now? Waiting for a rainy day I guess...

Lepaul raised the incident and most of the points, I didn't do anything but flesh out the situation in response to that post and agree with what he said.

Given that this is the only staff report thread on you since that incident I think it's totally inappropriate to assign a motivation to my post by saying i'm "waiting for a rainy day" when I agree with what another poster says. Staff report threads are where you go to raise these issues.

4 minutes ago, Shekelburg said:

Lepaul raised the incident and most of the points, I didn't do anything but flesh out the situation in response to that post and agree with what he said.

Given that this is the only staff report thread on you since that incident I think it's totally inappropriate to assign a motivation to my post by saying i'm "waiting for a rainy day" when I agree with what another poster says. Staff report threads are where you go to raise these issues.

If you had an issue with what happened that day, why didn't you come forward at all? You don't need a staff report to discuss a situation that happened and was resolved. Instead of actually talking to me that day I saw you just complaining about the situation to other people complaining that a Darth was "abusing his roleplay character and rank", that gets you nowhere. You then complain about a situation that the management team thought everyone was fine at the end of the day but you holding this to yourself then coming out about it a few weeks later gets nowhere. I don't believe it is inappropriate with what I said. Pretty much if you have an issue with something that was resolved and had a discussion with everyone involved in the situation you need to speak up or nothing will happen.

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ridge said:

If you had an issue with what happened that day, why didn't you come forward at all? You don't need a staff report to discuss a situation that happened and was resolved. Instead of actually talking to me that day I saw you just complaining about the situation to other people complaining that a Darth was "abusing his roleplay character and rank", that gets you nowhere.

The situation was raised by Lepaul, first and foremost and not myself. He did so within a staff report thread raising an issue that he explicitly pointed out that most of us felt the due process was suspicious. That's why nobody stepped in - we felt like a decision was already made - and as I stated, the relevant parties that were after you IC had since logged off and I would have to not only rationalize my own perspective on the issue but theirs too without them even being present since you waited for them to go offline before leaving the sith temple and hosting the discussion.

You then complain about a situation that the management team thought everyone was fine at the end of the day but you holding this to yourself then coming out about it a few weeks later gets nowhere. I don't believe it is inappropriate with what I said.

When the only staff report thread since this incident was raised I supported Lepaul's statement. This isn't holding it to myself, considering that I had already spoken to multiple staff members that day about the issue (Jman, Eris to name a couple)

Pretty much if you have an issue with something that was resolved and had a discussion with everyone involved in the situation you need to speak up or nothing will happen.

That's what we're doing now, in the staff report thread.

Edited by Shekelburg
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Ridge said:

If you had an issue with what happened that day, why didn't you come forward at all? You don't need a staff report to discuss a situation that happened and was resolved. Instead of actually talking to me that day I saw you just complaining about the situation to other people complaining that a Darth was "abusing his roleplay character and rank", that gets you nowhere. You then complain about a situation that the management team thought everyone was fine at the end of the day but you holding this to yourself then coming out about it a few weeks later gets nowhere. I don't believe it is inappropriate with what I said. Pretty much if you have an issue with something that was resolved and had a discussion with everyone involved in the situation you need to speak up or nothing will happen.

15 minutes ago, Shekelburg said:

The situation was raised by Lepaul, first and foremost and not myself. He did so within a staff report thread raising an issue that he explicitly pointed out that most of us felt the due process was suspicious. That's why nobody stepped in - we felt like a decision was already made - and as I stated, the relevant parties that were after you IC had since logged off and I would have to not only rationalize my own perspective on the issue but theirs too without them even being present since you waited for them to go offline before leaving the sith temple and hosting the discussion.

When the only staff report thread since this incident was raised I supported Lepaul's statement. This isn't holding it to myself, considering that I had already spoken to multiple staff members that day about the issue (Jman, Eris to name a couple)

That's what we're doing now, in the staff report thread.

Did you seriously down vote Shekelburg for his statement? Honestly Ridge, how do you justify your actions? What is your thought process on this? All I'm seeing is a man that cannot accept any criticism. Your ego is so inflated and you are so insecure about receiving any sort of criticism that you would down vote the comment that goes against anything you say. Honestly, @Little5avage @Imposing @Wolf @Caboose lock this thread because the only thing this thread is doing now, is adding fuel to the flame. Wolf has already made his judgement, anything further should be taken behind the scenes from here or another staff report if necessary.

Edited by LePaul
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 2
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1