Guskywalker

Star Destroyer Update #2

54 posts in this topic

Once again the time has come for the next ISD Update. Lord Trilobite is currently working on the Star Destroyer V.2.2 release. Below are some screenshots of the new/updated areas and rooms.

These include; Reactor Interior (with power outage button), Functioning Bacta Tanks, Updated lifts, MH2 extension and an Additional Tie Bay (4 in total). (This is just a sneak peak and there will be much more in the update)

All these screenshots and more can be found on Lord Trilobite's steam page http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordtrilobite/screenshots/  

Please share your thoughts and provide constructive feedback down below.

Reactor Interior

A44C7A177B6C77746E0115FFCE27C04F20F4159F

38DD8FC16093817A00BF1477B242CE32B12EF14C

4A2B31E1D65B2ED172257DD678E10950FD0326B1

Bacta Tanks

B506DD68E77C460A7EFAB63BE20144C41E087F09

8035C8AF95DC7F88C9D9CA2C8E8B1537D12982FE

Main Hangar 2 Extension

4016340F49B22F6A9F91A608DA4E1265FFB5DD80

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 3

Looks pretty cool, good work.

Edit; Ignore last message sleep deprived

Edited by Spin
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, Spin said:

Looks pretty cool, However considering it's going to be a relatively large map are you sure the server will be able to handle it, because we did try and switch to that Venator map and that didn't work out to well.

I understand your concerns but its the pretty much the same map we currently use, with the exception of the new areas. I doubt they will effect performance much.

• Upvote 3

Wait but the Reactor Interior,  Are the Engineers/Navy going to be walking through the Sith Temple if they want to get there

• Upvote 1

well, the bacta tanks will be useless as they are in SCAR bunks.. they will have to rebuild it. However they do look cool.

Other than that, the inside of the reactor room is looking good, good way to start a bit of RP.

Also, the way in to the reactor goes through the sith temple

33 minutes ago, EpicEzale said:

Wait but the Reactor Interior,  Are the Engineers/Navy going to be walking through the Sith Temple if they want to get there

Not going to lie, still a good addition. I just think it would be impractical.

6 minutes ago, Haz said:

well, the bacta tanks will be useless as they are in SCAR bunks.. they will have to rebuild it. However they do look cool.

Other than that, the inside of the reactor room is looking good, good way to start a bit of RP.

Also, the way in to the reactor goes through the sith temple

Not going to lie, still a good addition. I just think it would be impractical.

41 minutes ago, EpicEzale said:

If you guys look carefully in the screenshot you should be able to see that there is also a lift which can acts as an alternative route in. 

wefwefwef.thumb.png.af02c28f11d32a0a091f2f73c5340c95.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Guskywalker said:

If you guys look carefully in the screenshot you should be able to see that there is also a lift which acts as an alternative route to enter. 

wefwefwef.thumb.png.af02c28f11d32a0a091f2f73c5340c95.png

Ahh sorry, bit sleepy. But thx for the quick reply :)

Hello there! Yeah I've been posting a few screenshots on my Steam profile for a few days now, been hard at work on a new update. I originally just wanted to fix the lifts really quickly, but the update rapidly spiraled into a much larger update. And by now I've added a tonne of new cool features already.

58 minutes ago, Spin said:

Looks pretty cool, However considering it's going to be a relatively large map are you sure the server will be able to handle it, because we did try and switch to that Venator map and that didn't work out to well.

I'll do my best to keep the map stable and performing optimally. But one downside of adding more interactive things, is that it does require more memory for the map to run properly. The more cool things I add, the slower it will be on lower end PCs.

48 minutes ago, EpicEzale said:

Looks SO GOOD, Finger Licking good, that was quick he must be working damn hard

Thanks! And yes, I've been quite busy the past week.

46 minutes ago, EpicEzale said:

Yes, because there's not supposed to be a Sith temple in a hallway :P
Though if you look closely in the first picture Gusky posted, in the room in front of the Main Generator (cause that's the canon name) there is a lift on the left side of that room. That lift goes down to the old exterior Main Generator room. So in theory you could go around your precious Sith Temple by just using the lift.

11 minutes ago, Haz said:

Since I've been getting so much requests for moving the medbay, I might change the location. But yes, right now they are in the same room as the old one. I'm not yet sure if I'll move the medbay for this update. But I have a few possible options for a new location (Not the location you guys are using though, because that's much too small).

There's also some stuff I don't have any screenshots for yet. As Gusky said, I've added a fourth TIE launch bay next to the three that were already there. That hallway extension that is visible in the last screenshot in Gusky's post leads around the small hangar and goes directly to the lift in the back of the hangar behind the blast door. This will serve as a way in and out to the pilot bunks under the hangar in case the blast doors are locked.

In the interior Main Generator room it's possible to turn off the generator. This stops it from turning, stops the sound. But this also locks all the multi floor lifts, closes and locks all blast doors, disables hyperspace, the buttons for those will be greyed out and freezes the security camera. Once the generator is turned on again all the things will be unlocked and turned on again as well. This can be fun for RP, but it also will serve as an in universe function to reset the lifts in case they break.

These are just the things that I have already implemented. Among other things I'm also working on a model for the holo projection for the ISD status on the bridge. This same model will also be used for the fleet in space.

Edited by LordTrilobite
  • Upvote 11

23 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

In the interior Main Generator room it's possible to turn off the generator. This stops it from turning, stops the sound. But this also locks all the multi floor lifts, closes and locks all blast doors, disables hyperspace, the buttons for those will be greyed out and freezes the security camera. Once the generator is turned on again all the things will be unlocked and turned on again as well. This can be fun for RP, but it also will serve as an in universe function to reset the lifts in case they break.

This will be fun for events :))))

A beach for shore 

That's a good idea 

Jk shores dying help 

Can't wait for the new map and fabulous additions Lord trilobite will implement 

21 minutes ago, Ben said:

New engine room looking spicey 

I hate to be a pedant, but it's the main generator, not the engine. :P The actual engine is not featured in the map

When turning it off it doesn't just disable hyperspace but other systems as well because this is what generates power for the ship.

• Thinking 1

Yummy!

Looking good my guy. Loving the small details and touches to everthing! Keep,it up!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

I hate to be a pedant, but it's the main generator, not the engine. :P The actual engine is not featured in the map

When turning it off it doesn't just disable hyperspace but other systems as well because this is what generates power for the ship.

You should make a feature that Disables all the lights as well because that would be awesome. Also im loving it so far

32 minutes ago, Wilson06 said:

You should make a feature that Disables all the lights as well because that would be awesome. Also im loving it so far

He's said he never plans to do that because dynamic lights cause a massive loss of performance.

46 minutes ago, Wilson06 said:

13 minutes ago, Hisoka said:

He's said he never plans to do that because dynamic lights cause a massive loss of performance.

Indeed. It's safe to say that dynamic lights will never be a feature of this map. As you said, they are bad for performance. And in this engine they look terrible too. So it's just not going to happen.

1 minute ago, LordTrilobite said:

Indeed. It's safe to say that dynamic lights will never be a feature of this map. As you said, they are bad for performance. And in this engine they look terrible too. So it's just not going to happen.

Ok fair enough

Have you considered an admin box to override some of the functions in the map (Hyperspace, Call the fleet [Currently it is by itself alone in a huge part of the engine room that is considered an admin room but is accessible to the public], Power Generators, Lockdown, TIE BAY doors, Main Hangar doors, TIE Crane)? Just like a small room inaccessible to the general public but so that admins and Event Staff can utilize it for convenience. Maybe if requested, a small vent like thing in it that, while using a terminal/button to change location, put several teleport locations around the map? Might be an interesting idea.

Back to the Admin Box, say if the buttons are used in there, they lock the real buttons for a short while until they are UNLOCKED from that Admin box? Could be presented as a sort of Hostile Force that is Hacking sub-systems of the SD...

Edited by Mauler

1 hour ago, Mauler said:

Have you considered an admin box to override some of the functions in the map (Hyperspace, Call the fleet [Currently it is by itself alone in a huge part of the engine room that is considered an admin room but is accessible to the public], Power Generators, Lockdown, TIE BAY doors, Main Hangar doors, TIE Crane)? Just like a small room inaccessible to the general public but so that admins and Event Staff can utilize it for convenience. Maybe if requested, a small vent like thing in it that, while using a terminal/button to change location, put several teleport locations around the map? Might be an interesting idea.

Back to the Admin Box, say if the buttons are used in there, they lock the real buttons for a short while until they are UNLOCKED from that Admin box? Could be presented as a sort of Hostile Force that is Hacking sub-systems of the SD...

A good idea. Just a lot of work. I'd need to make sure nothing can be overridden and such. But in theory it would indeed be useful to have a number of controls all in one place.