Sign in to follow this  
Jackson

Pilots problems

24 posts in this topic

Ok for 1st things DO NOT go into a dropship even if you have PL1 go into a dropship when we have emergency takeoffs in events if there is pilots on cause then we cant do anything so leave one or 3 dropships open for Pilots or how many pilots are on for that event this is for everyone who is Officer Cadet+ who has PL1 and 2 EMs please just give us more use in events instead of Pilots acting like meatsheild STs we need more events that are actually good for Pilots were we can fly and no one takes our time to shine. -Jack   

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

What exactly is this post trying to achieve? The way that you have written this makes it sound like you are having a little tantrum about not being able to fly all of the dropships during events. If you want things to change, write a professional and appropriate looking post addressing the issues and how they should be fixed, because the way that you have done it isn't going to help anything.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

Ok for 1st things DO NOT go into a dropship even if you have PL1 go into a dropship when we have emergency takeoffs in events if there is pilots on cause then we cant do anything so leave one or 3 dropships open for Pilots or how many pilots are on for that event this is for everyone who is Officer Cadet+ who has PL1 and 2 EMs please just give us more use in events instead of Pilots acting like meatsheild STs we need more events that are actually good for Pilots were we can fly and no one takes our time to shine. -Jack   

I'm sorry, but is there any point to this other than to whine?

If you have a problem with people with taking drop-ships, go ahead and ask MHC or Navy to remove the PL's completely, I'd love to see their response to this post, as you're complaining about them doing what they were Trained for. You Pilots are the same, you just have priority.

Secondly, don't blame the EM for not letting you have drop-ships, I personally think that the EMs are a bit too lenient on the ship-scale as generally the Empire would save its assets for High-ranking individuals, not the general majority.

Thirdly, 

and no one takes our time to shine. -Jack   

You don't need someone to give you your time to shine, you give yourself that time, every trooper on that field gets placed into a position of making or breaking their moment, I get it, a lot of the time Pilot's potential is often wasted, but if you have a problem with that, take it to the generals or the EM staff. From experience they are very good at adaptation and listening, it's their job to provide for the players, so I would recommend not posting about these issues on the Forums and instead discussing with an EM on improvement for your Regiment in Events.

Thanks

Demonic

• Upvote 1

Coming off what @pinejack said you can also make a complaint to the Events Masters either asking/begging them to be more strict on people flying dropship. Also the rule is (For Example) if their are 4 dropships and 4 pilots the pilots get first choice and if there is a Commander or lower trying to get in they can’t because in lore/RP they don’t know how to fly and the pilots in lore/RP know more about flying then them. That’s how it goes in most events if your having a problem with an Event Master letting people that are higher rank than you into a ship and your a pilot speak to the Head Event Master. That’s all we can do.

Ok for 1st things DO NOT go into a dropship even if you have PL1 go into a dropship when we have emergency takeoffs in events if there is pilots on cause then we cant do anything so leave one or 3 dropships open for Pilots or how many pilots are on for that event this is for everyone who is Officer Cadet+ who has PL1 and 2 EMs

Maybe if we didn't see pilots minge during their training sessions (and when they are flying in said events) some of us might feel more confident towards the pilots, thus allowing us to have some confidence in the pilots, which would lead to you guys getting to fly more often. At the moment however, I personally haven't seen that from the pilots. Others may have different experiences, but when your pilot flies upside down just to screw with you, yeah na.

instead of Pilots acting like meatsheild STs we need more events that are actually good for Pilots were we can fly and no one takes our time to shine. -Jack   

I mean, pretty much every regiment on the field becomes a meat-shield at the end of the day, and pilots can only fly so much during events. Also, if you're going to try and make a post to try and help out your regiment, don't put down another regiment.

Additionally, don't tell people what to do so aggressively if you want people to try and sympathise with the pilots. It never works out, and gives people the wrong impression.

The most important thing out of all of this though, is if players are told in an event that we need to use the ships to get somewhere or do something urgently and the pilots are forever away, then players are always going to try and fly. Waiting around for the pilots, trying to check if they're AFK, that's all a pain and would hinder the flow of events.

EMs please just give us more use in events instead of Pilots acting like meatsheild STs we need more events that are actually good for Pilots were we can fly and no one takes our time to shine. -Jack   

We have restrictions on when we can use ships in our events so as not to nuke the server.  9/10 events we can't give you ships, even if we wanted to otherwise the server would be put at risk.  Perhaps you should talk to the EM's and we can work through the problem instead of being accusatory, making it everyone fault (except yours) and further tarnishing the reputation of the pilots.

Its just Pilots cant really do anything in events and all we can  do is just fly around the SD doing really nothing except formations its just when there is new pilots and think this is the best regiment and see we cant do anything they will just leave immediately 

The current rules for ship spawning is on events with less than 70 people, even then we don't have appropriate maps or events for the ships. We try our best to make everyone happy but it doesn't happen. The same goes with jet-packs, speeders and other spawned in equipment.

1 hour ago, Simmo said:

The current rules for ship spawning is on events with less than 70 people, even then we don't have appropriate maps or events for the ships. We try our best to make everyone happy but it doesn't happen. The same goes with jet-packs, speeders and other spawned in equipment.

Ok i get it thanks for the Information. cause most people thought i was having a tantrum cough cough @Pinejack while i needed an answer

• Downvote 4

16 minutes ago, Jackson said:

cough cough @Pinejack

is this really the way to make a mature complaint

39 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Ok i get it thanks for the Information. cause most people thought i was having a tantrum cough cough @Pinejack while i needed an answer

And this proves you were, or at least you were and are being very immature.

First off, that @ didn't work since you didn't do it in lowercase. Secondly, this just proves what I was talking about at how you were being immature and going about it the wrong way. Thirdly, I told you how to go about getting it changed so don't say I didn't give you an answer.

I completely agree @pinejack in the fact that this post was written in an immature way and that this was just written and not proof read, Also that next time you should put effort into the post and structure it better because it sometimes can make huge differences.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barron said:

wow thx my eyes hurt now 

Ikr. I feel like i just stepped into purgatory.

oh jakko, how you continue to baffel me with your wonderful outbursts of pure whine.

love you man

everything i would have said has been said already. This forum post did not have to come here, you probably sould have talked to an MHC buddy. Next time, try not to chuck a good ol tantrum on the forums my boy.

- Fox

xoxoxo

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fox said:

Ikr. I feel like i just stepped into purgatory.

oh jakko, how you continue to baffel me with your wonderful outbursts of pure whine.

love you man

everything i would have said has been said already. This forum post did not have to come here, you probably sould have talked to an MHC buddy. Next time, try not to chuck a good ol tantrum on the forums my boy.

- Fox

xoxoxo

Or as Pinejack would say whenever someone has a problem 'See you on the forums kiddo'

12 hours ago, Jackson said:

Honestly ^^

If you want to complain, please make it formal, and most of all act mature. 

18 hours ago, Jackson said:

acting like meatsheild STs

Also, like @Stevo. said, don't drag another regiment into your problems.

I could say a lot more to this topic, but I feel it has already been covered numerous times.

23 hours ago, Jackson said:

Its just Pilots cant really do anything in events and all we can  do is just fly around the SD doing really nothing except formations its just when there is new pilots and think this is the best regiment and see we cant do anything they will just leave immediately 

While I understand you may feel that you have nothing to do, it is not up to others to come running and help you every time you are bored. 

If you're bored, train, march, do some passive rp, think of something to do, rather than make a frankly unnecessary post on the forums.

Pilots was my 3rd or so regiment when I joined the server in around February and I had a blast. There is a lot to do if you're willing to think for a bit and get creative. Collaborate with other regiments, do some things for navy, do some on ground training (believe me, it's useful).

A lesson I learned when I was younger was "If you're bored, it's probably because you're making it boring." Don't think endlessly about how you have nothing to do, and find something, you'd be surprised what pops up. Don't moan and groan, make light chatter with people, talk and engage with others. I find having conversations with people can serve as s a great stress reliever too. Take a break for a bit, go outside, have a walk, and come back refreshed and creatively recharged.

TLDR: Don't wait around for things to happen, make them happen.

Please Jack, don't make a forums post regarding the regiment before talking to your Commander ( me ).

On 10/12/2017 at 3:31 PM, Stevo. said:

Others may have different experiences, but when your pilot flies upside down just to screw with you, yeah na.

Never seen this myself, as pilots have a strict procedure they must follow when taking off for any kind of transport. Maybe you had a non-pilot flying.  In fact, the dropships are physically incapable of inverted flight. However if you do have an issue with pilots behaviour or the way they conduct themselves when i am not around, please come to me about it so i can address it properly.

Edit: Also go easy on Jack, he is younger than most on this server, no need to be condescending.

Edited by Tankerz

2 hours ago, Tankerz said:

Also go easy on Jack, he is younger than most on this server, no need to be condescending.

What about Me???

On 12/10/2017 at 10:58 AM, Jackson said:

Ok for 1st things DO NOT go into a dropship even if you have PL1 go into a dropship when we have emergency takeoffs in events if there is pilots on cause then we cant do anything so leave one or 3 dropships open for Pilots or how many pilots are on for that event this is for everyone who is Officer Cadet+ who has PL1

Im sure there is more then enough dropships for pilots to fly in evacuation if not to bad. In an evacuation its who ever gets there first can fly that has a PL.

On 12/10/2017 at 10:58 AM, Jackson said:

2 EMs please just give us more use in events instead of Pilots acting like meatsheild STs we need more events that are actually good for Pilots were we can fly and no one takes our time to shine

This is not EM's fault sadly some ships cause the server to lag and or crash the server. Now when you ask for dropships and we say no then respect that call or leave Pilots. We do the best we can and we attempt to make everyone happy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Little5avage said:

Im sure there is more then enough dropships for pilots to fly in evacuation if not to bad. In an evacuation its who ever gets there first can fly that has a PL.

This is not EM's fault sadly some ships cause the server to lag and or crash the server. Now when you ask for dropships and we say no then respect that call or leave Pilots. We do the best we can and we attempt to make everyone happy.

Couldnt of said it better