Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Excalibur

Issues with low ram

After finally fixing my issue with the map, I have now encountered another issue. Whenever I try to join Imperial, Windows auto closes garry's mod due to low ram. I'm currently in NZ stuck with an old laptop with only 4 gigs of ram, however, this particular issue has never happened on this laptop before. I am able to join other servers just fine, but trying to join Imperial seems to eat up all my ram.

I have tried uninstalling all unneeded addons

I have tried joining the server in various ways

I even tried deactivating some programs through reg edit but my ram still runs out

any help would be much appreciated.

I was able to join during one event, but crashed shortly after, this was when I had no addons installed, but no addons makes it pretty much pointless to play.

I would validate my steam files, check if my game drivers need ipdates and update them. 

Thanks for the responses guys

I've managed to get it semi-working by only subscribing to half the addons

So for the moment, there's a few errors here and there and I can't open any programs in the background or it'll crash. It's something at least.

Will probably be unable to play events due to not having installed any of the rebel or alien playermodels, but it'll do for now.

You'll have to update your RAM, I'd say try and get 16GB RAM. That'll garuntee you any game, it will also boost your FPS a ton. You should have at least 4 RAM slots in your computer, unless its a laptop, if it's a laptop, rip.

21 hours ago, Sentry said:

You'll have to update your RAM, I'd say try and get 16GB RAM. That'll garuntee you any game, it will also boost your FPS a ton. You should have at least 4 RAM slots in your computer, unless its a laptop, if it's a laptop, rip.

sentry mate, this was resolved over a month ago...

also I already have 16 gigs of ram, I was on a holiday laptop at the time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sentry said:

mate lol i have 8 gigs of ram 2, 4 gig sticks, 3000mhz and DDR4  and its perfectly fine no need for that much and the differnece of 8 gigs and 16 gig is in reality only literally 3 frames or so sooooo..... lol